What's new

MK11 Fatality Discussion/Speculation

RothVI

d2 Spammer
Fatalities are the bread and butter of Mortal Kombat games, so it seems fitting to talk about how we feel about the new ones and what kind of fatalities we hope to see in the upcoming game. I personally think that NRS hit the nail on the head with the Fatalities in MK11. I thought the freeze-frame outros in Injustice 2 were really stylish, so I'm really enjoying seeing Fatalities with the same kind of flair. They are also just so cinematic and creative that they blow MKX's and MK9's Fatalities out of the water. I can't think of a single one that I've been underwhelmed by so far.

As for what I hope to see: I'm interested in seeing D'Vorah's "super disgusting" fatality that's been hinted at. I also think it would be interesting to see Brutalities from MKX be brought back as fully fledged Fatalities, such as Kotal Kahn's "Dry Rub" and "Sawed Off." I was also thinking about how Kronika is allegedly an unplayable boss and how she might have a very elaborate Fatality. I don't know if she's connected to the entire MK timeline or just the reboot timeline, but it would be really awesome if she altered time and sent you to the opening of Armageddon. Imagine Hotaru spearing you like he does Li Mei, flinging you into the air so that Havik can jump on you and bite your neck. As you fall to the ground and try to stand, Shinnok summons massive skeleton hands to trap you. To finish you off, Shao Kahn comes from behind and slams his hammer into the back of your skull, sending your head flying towards the screen for a freeze-frame.

So what are your opinions on MK11's Fatalities and what do hope to see characters, revealed or otherwise, do to finish off their opponents?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The age of boring decapitations is over. If you look at all the fatalities shown so far, they are really going overboard this time around.
I'm looking forward to seeing what crazy shit they came up with this time.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
NRS has yet again outdone themselves with the Fatalities in MK11. The new gore and blood is probably the most developed in any video game. Don't think I've ever seen someone be split in half the same way as in Kabal's Fatality before.
The Fatalities overall feel a lot more creative so far as well in their execution (there are a few exceptions though of course), i.e Scorpion's Chain Reaction and Sub-Zero's executioner are technically just another split in half and decapitation Fatality but the coreography and cinematography really make those Fatalities awesome.

I do not think the fatalitys are bad ... but I still miss the victorious greeting, seeing your character celebrate the overwnning with a greeting I think is a lot better than a still image ... of course I also hope that there will be more moves, 2 fatality and a handful of brutalitys I think lean

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
this is so minor I almost don't want to say it but it's weird to hear "Fatality" before "X Wins" lol.

I'm really excited to see the rest of the cast's Fatalities, the ones they've shown so far are incredible. Even weird ones like Sonya's and Geras' are great cause they remind me of UMK3 fatals.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I love most (Spare for the one from Geras, which could be so much better) fatalities shown so far, I hate simple decapitations, those are for the Brutalities.

I hope Frost gets a kiss of death fatality, the kiss of winter.

My favorite this far is the fatality from Kabal, I love how they finally use his speed in a fatality! Awesome! The blood stalagmite from Skarlet is cool as well, same for both of Baraka (so happy he's in) fatalities and I love both of Scorpion and Sub-Zero's fatalities. Jade's, Skarlets heart-exploding fatality, and Raiden's fatalities are ok-ish, but I'm not so sold on them as the other characters fatalities.

Sonya's fatality is kinda cool, but I'd rather see stuff like that on Jacqui or Stryker.

So far Scorpion cutting them in half with a burning chain is my favorite, probably the first one they made or came up with for this game.

this is so minor I almost don't want to say it but it's weird to hear "Fatality" before "X Wins" lol.

I'm really excited to see the rest of the cast's Fatalities, the ones they've shown so far are incredible. Even weird ones like Sonya's and Geras' are great cause they remind me of UMK3 fatals.
Or hearing Flawless Victory after those.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I liked Kabals the most so far. Dragging the face was brutal. The other that stood out to me was a Raiden brutality where the lighting burned the flesh off of the center bits. The skeletons look REALLY good in this game. The scorpion nard slice one looks really good too.

Last edited:

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
The fatalities are looking very good, indeed. It's impressive that they can still be surprising and have cool flairs to them, such as Kabal's finisher or how Jade ends hers with that "no honey, you spin around the pole this time" move.

What kinda bums me out though is that with every character they show, they show one of the fatalities too. Even though they get old kinda quick once we get the game, I'd still like to save most of them for surprises. At this point I feel NRS has demonstrated their fatality tech enough for me to say "yep, you still manage to surprise and shock me with these, well done" and be fine with them not showing any more fatalities in previews.