Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Totally New Design

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Have No Clue

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
I'm surprised how kano looks a lot like his Mkx design but then skarlet looks like a totally new character. My purpose of this thread is I wanna know if you guys think that the rest of the characters will revisit their existing looks from past games. A great example is Kano and Liu Kang. I personally think that it will be mixed . One character looks the same but then the other will look totally different. I can predict seeing a totally new design for noob and shang tsung if they happen to make it in.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
well .... NRS seems they are taking advantage of the new engine technology plus using some photogrammetry 3D model techniques and so, making the characters resembling a bit of old incarnations of themselves, but, with upgraded and better graphics .... bu still, respecting some "here and there" regarding traditional and classic traits these characters had in past games. Of course, from the chars already shown to us, only Skarlet seems totally a new char, but, since she appeared in only one official game (MK9), so, it's understandable that they want to differ her from generic ninja girl look, and give her more own personality and unique appearance, so, her upgraded appearance was necessary indeed for MK 11

But I agree with Noob and Shang Tsung, for me too, we gonna see a different approach regarding their new look ....

Might-Taro 19

It's obvious kitana will look like that picture shown in the main menu of Mk11. Idk if you caught that but safe to assume since kano looks exactly like his own picture shown in the menu as well. For people who are doubting if that purple looking ninja is Rain, I definitely think it is because well who else is a purple ninja right? there is no one I can think of that has that appearance other than Rain. So i'm gonna put my high bets that Kitana, and Rain will definitely make it in the main roster.

Last edited:

Raider

Noob
It depends on the character i guess.
Skarlet change for example is pretty drastic. But other characters look similar to how they looked in MKX.
Only big difference in design so far is Skarlet and maybe Cassie, if she stays looking like that. Sonya looks... older? and uglier but not much different from MKX.

Might-Taro 19

It depends on the character i guess.
Skarlet change for example is pretty drastic. But other characters look similar to how they looked in MKX.
Only big difference in design so far is Skarlet and maybe Cassie, if she stays looking like that. Sonya looks... older? and uglier but not much different from MKX.
If you look and notice closely, Johnny Cage looks like his younger version but both Cassie and Sonya blade look old... what the frick? :confused: and the other shocking thing is why did they decide to make Kano look younger? This is really weird.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Wrong to be honest, cause Ronda Rousey has a aged voice, would not make sense for Sonya to have a younger physical appearance.
I didnt say fully fledged for all characters. Obviously certain ones are complete. Im just saying there are some that don't look complete or needs to be re-worked. They did the same when they released Supergirl in Injustice and people went HAM on her face. What did NRS do? They fixed it. This is the same case for Cassie. I dont think she was intended on looking like Ellen.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I mean, to keep it all the way live, MK9 Skarlet looked like a cheap whore.
YES. Thanks for saying this. Her model and gear were horrid. I like skimpy, the female ninjas always look hot, but they did Scarlett wrong man.

I think NRS will definitely revamp most of the characters but add classic costumes in the customization. They said they're scanning real faces, so I would guess they'll do that with the whole roster.

Might-Taro 19

I didnt say fully fledged for all characters. Obviously certain ones are complete. Im just saying there are some that don't look complete or needs to be re-worked. They did the same when they released Supergirl in Injustice and people went HAM on her face. What did NRS do? They fixed it. This is the same case for Cassie. I dont think she was intended on looking like Ellen.
True, however also Cassie Cage's voice seems pretty aged too, you get what i'm saying? I don't know why she sounds like that. Considering the game takes place 3 years after Mkx if i'm correct.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
YES. Thanks for saying this. Her model and gear were horrid. I like skimpy, the female ninjas always look hot, but they did Scarlett wrong man.

I think NRS will definitely revamp most of the characters but add classic costumes in the customization. They said they're scanning real faces, so I would guess they'll do that with the whole roster.
Of course! Its not hard to see that MK9 was over the top with their designs but MK is not known for over sexual designs. Thats DOA. THIS is Mortal Kombat baby. PUT SOME RESPEK ON OUR WIMINS!

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
NRS is always looking to advance their character designs I think, but there also hasn't been a game that has gone by that hasn't included revisited/classic designs. Even Skarlet's redesign is reminiscent to her planned alternate costume from MK9.

It will be a mix, but I hope the artists leaned more towards revamped looks. That's why I'm excited about Skarlet's design, while Kano can't even manage an eyebrow raise from me (maybe his alts will impress).

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I just hope all the major players have a past/present kinda look?

Never even thought about it until Kano, but MK11 kano looks 20 years younger than the one in MKX, and his MKX look is my favourite so maybe its just I wanna see him have the look I like :oops:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

If we're being honest, they all looked pretty whore-like.

I don't really miss the outfits (and I LOVE Skarlet's new look, specifically the alternate without the weird hat). That said, there's nothing wrong with revealing outfits if it fits the character.

Kitana's default mkx outfit (minus the weird maskless version) was a great example of revealing and still semi classy for a royal edenian type.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'm surprised how kano looks a lot like his Mkx design but then skarlet looks like a totally new character. My purpose of this thread is I wanna know if you guys think that the rest of the characters will revisit their existing looks from past games. A great example is Kano and Liu Kang. I personally think that it will be mixed . One character looks the same but then the other will look totally different. I can predict seeing a totally new design for noob and shang tsung if they happen to make it in.
We're getting the Injustice-style Gear System so hope for as many pieces for each character as possible.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
If we're being honest, they all looked pretty whore-like.

I don't really miss the outfits (and I LOVE Skarlet's new look, specifically the alternate without the weird hat). That said, there's nothing wrong with revealing outfits if it fits the character.

Kitana's default mkx outfit (minus the weird maskless version) was a great example of revealing and still semi classy for a royal edenian type.
Yeah, but somehow they looked good. Scarlett just didn't have that look. I don't know. I loved Mileena's MKX outfit.

I mean, to keep it all the way live, MK9 Skarlet looked like a cheap whore so she NEEDED to be revised and I think she looks GORGEOUS in MK11. Other characters, like Kano, do not need to be revamped drastically which is why his designed stay true to him besides making him look younger AND hes an OG.
Liked for"Imma keep it all the way live".Lol