What's new

MK11 and info on other MK games.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Old video, but pretty informative.
Main thing is MK11 is in development and will have a new stiryline other than Deceptio-Armageddon.
Also an MK prequel would be great.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I liked variations. I liked I had a choice of playstyles for my favourite character and wasn't forced to use only one.
The idea of variations was ok and added diversity, I also liked that aspect. However (and even the developers admitted this), it made the game incredibly hard to balance.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Tell us, man
No scorpion or Sub-zero
Dead characters that will never comeback
6 new characters (though this is vague)
Reduced the roster of 30 initial characters(concept they had in mind in previous year) and 12 more as DLC to 20ish starting roster and 6 more as DLC probably a bunch of guests in between.

I'm actually split on this 6 new characters, if those characters are from Earthrealm, Outworld then its a wasted oportunity really.
One of the things that made deception amazing was the fact that Hotaru, Darrius, Havik and Dairou expanded the realms, which in consequence expanded the lore something i hope NRS keeps doing, now if they're just going to show us the son of Kano, i would be a lot better if they gave us Jarek instead.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
No scorpion or Sub-zero
Reduced the roster of 30 initial characters(concept they had in mind in previous year) and 12 more as DLC to 20ish starting roster and 6 more as DLC probably a bunch of guests in between.

I'm actually split on this 6 new characters, if those characters are from Earthrealm, Outworld then its a wasted oportunity really.
One of the things that made deception amazing was the fact that Hotaru, Darrius, Havik and Dairou expanded the realms, which in consequence expanded the lore something i hope NRS keeps doing, now if they're just going to show us the son of Kano, i would be a lot better if they gave us Jarek instead.

Fuck Scorpion and Sub Zero, tbh. I think an element of unpredictability in who will make it into the roster of every game would be nice. Everybody assuming these two always have to be in.

About reducing the number of characters in the roster, I ABSOLUTELY love the idea. Less characters imply potentially less balance issues. And 20+6 is not a bad number at all, if the choices are well done. I will always advocate for less characters in favor of a more balanced game.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
No scorpion or Sub-zero

That cannot be right. I don't think they would make an MK game without the guy who is literally the logo of the company

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
No scorpion or Sub-zero

That would be horrible

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
True. I read "the logo of the game".

Scorpion was missing from mk3, who knows. I don't think a Mortal Kombat without Scorpion/Sub would be condemned to suck.
I’d just tier whore if Sub was gone, I’d be pretty bummed. It’d just be weird as hell.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
No Scorpion and Sub-Zero? That shoots those rumors down instantly. NRS would have to be losing their minds to not have them in the game and they are both alive and well at the end of MKX...why would they just be gone?

I just want a few things from MK11.

• At least one Outworld stage with the purple sky. I need my Wastelands back. How do you go from MK9's sick stages to what we got in MKX...ugg.
  • Shang Tsung
  • Chaosrealmer, doesn't have to be Havik but c'mon lets get back to expanding the realms
  • Less Special Forces members. So boring.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I think after mkx and inj2 we have established a working formula for powers and normals that will ultimately narrow it down for mk11 as far as balance of style goes.

They have tried a wide variety - I was going to say they have tried "everything", but that would be going a bit too far - and now it's time to make the findings count in that next game.

I must say I'm already impressed with the state of inj2 as is, and the fact that nrs seems to be patching more reasonably this time around.

Here's to hoping that we will have a larger roster with all our favourites present, each of which will be unique and matchups will be as tame as they are in inj2.

Mk11 cast

Cassie cage's adopted paraplegic daughter
Her day care provider
Cumm Chinn - kung jinns boyfriend
Madd max's dad's friend

Interactables will be mixups
No dash cancelling
Throw teching will still be a decade behind the curve.