What's new

MK10 Confirmed!

Is 2013 too soon for another MK title?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Medina4life

Media Master
Thanks to a heads up by, CD JR, MK10 has been confirmed by Ed Boon. No details have been released yet, however the king of trolling did leave a very interesting teaser tweet. Boon goes on to hint that at D.I.C.E. 2012 , NRS will be announcing the new addition to the Mortal Kombat franchise. After winning several "Fighting Game of the year awards, it should come to no surprise that NetherRealm Studios is making a follow-up MK game.

It is always makes me warm and fuzzy inside to hear about new game announcements, but what does this mean for MK9? Back during the Spike TV Video Game Awards, Ed Boon stated in an interview with Gamespot that they have no more plans to release new DLC for the current Mortal Kombat game. Their reasoning for that decision was because they wanted to work on other projects, not Mortal Kombat related. Ed Boon did not state what those projects will be, or if they will be announced at D.I.C.E along with Mk10.

As awesome as a new MK sounds, what about the current game? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the reboot. No one could argues that it was a huge step forward from past titles, however players of the hardcore MK competitive community have been asking for one last patch. There are a just a few kinks here and there and players just want to know if they'll be fixed or not. Even if there won't e another patch, more communication from the develops would be appreciated. Just let us know what the plan is for MK9. Players looking to compete at EVO want to be confident there won't be any more patches so they can work hard on perfecting their characters. Patching the game once more will only cause more time for players needing to learn the re-balanced game and create new strategies. If one more patch or hot-fix were to come, it's best to know immediately and get that out as soon as possible before EVO is too near. Also, just more support in the competitive scene would is needed from the developers.

The PDP tournament ran last summer was absolutely terrific. It brought a lot of players out, and managed to get the big name players of the Capcom fighters to come out and play.. If NRS/WB helped with pot bonuses, or arcade stick giveaways it would have a huge effect on the number of entrants tournaments will have.

Living in the Chicago-land area, I am fortunate enough to be near the creators of the game. I would remember numerous times when Hector Sanchez, Paulo Garcia, and Brian LeBaron would come out to the local tournaments and support the scene. Seeing that, I knew they cared about their game, and it made me so excited and proud to be a part of a community where the developers care. It seems like after the Spike TV VGA awards, the support for MK9 on the consoles got Caged (see what I did there?). I understand that the game is coming out for the PS Vita and they have been working on other stuff. All I am trying to get at is it would be great if NRS kept us informed with their plans, or lack of for MK9. More support for the competitive community too, just to show that they truly care for everyone that plays the game, not just the casual players.

I'm excited to see what MK10 will be about. D.I.C.E is just a couple weeks ago and you will be sure to hear my thoughts on the new announcement. How do you guys feel about a Mk10 coming out 2013, or maybe even 2012? Who really knows? Is it too soon for a new title, or do you think that NRS has learned how to balance and Mk10 will just be a more polished Mk9 with different characters? Maybe we are just being trolled by Noob once again and it's all fake? Please leave your thoughts below...
Follow my twitter @MedinaTV

Attachments

virtiqaL

Noob
Lol @ calling him the King of Trolling then proceeding to not even question whether or not this tweet is even meant to be taken seriously, which it isn't.

I'd honestly rather have a UMK9 than an MK10 at this point, though. It wouldn't even need many gameplay changes, because the game is mostly fine in that area, just fix the god awful online and add some new features/modes to it.

If there is another MK announced this soon, I doubt it will be a fighting game, but rather something Shaolin Monks style. I honestly can't see them announcing a new fighting game this soon after putting out Komplete edition for both the consoles and the Vita.

Death

Noob
April 2013 at the earliest. That would be 2 years between MK9 and MK10. I would of liked an April 2014 date. To me every three years works best. But oh well. Should be awesome.

Medina4life

Media Master
Lol @ calling him the King of Trolling then proceeding to not even question whether or not this tweet is even meant to be taken seriously, which it isn't.

I'd honestly rather have a UMK9 than an MK10 at this point, though. It wouldn't even need many gameplay changes, because the game is mostly fine in that area, just fix the god awful online and add some new features/modes to it.
yea, the thing is though he flat out said there will be an announcement for Mk10 at a major game conference.. It'd be a huge dick move to not be serious about this and be like jk jk I was keeeding.

virtiqaL

Noob
yea, the thing is though he flat out said there will be an announcement for Mk10 at a major game conference.. It'd be a huge dick move to not be serious about this and be like jk jk I was keeeding.
This tweet followed not long after the one mentioned in the article:

RT @j_uptown559 @noobde SO MK10 IS CONFIRMED?? EB: Nope. We would never announce another MK via the twitters.

So, if we were to take his tweets seriously from the start, then MK10 has been confirmed and then deconfirmed immediately after.

Basically, he's trolling, he's done it plenty of times before.

I think we will possibly see something MK related, but I'm not expecting it to be MK10

Medina4life

Media Master
This tweet followed not long after the one mentioned in the article:

RT @j_uptown559 @noobde SO MK10 IS CONFIRMED?? EB: Nope. We would never announce another MK via the twitters.

So, if we were to take his tweets seriously from the start, then MK10 has been confirmed and then deconfirmed immediately after.

Basically, he's trolling, he's done it plenty of times before.

I think we will possibly see something MK related, but I'm not expecting it to be MK10
who really knows, either way D.I.C.E is in the first week of February so we'll just have to wait and find out

Id prefer another Shaolin Monks type game before MK10. Im sure there will be more of those. I think MK10 is gonna be a remake of MK4. MK1, 2, 3, and UMK3 were all crammed into one game so the Shao Kahn story is done.

MoFuzz

Noob
It's a little early to be saying "confirmed" from a twitter post. Especially from a repeat offending troll like Boon. Unless there's a press release or some media (pics, art) I'm remaining skeptical.

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
I think another patch would be great as long as they concentrate more on buffing low tier fighters, and not on nerfing the entire damn cast to try and put them on the level with the low tier fighters "cough H.Sub-Zero cough". None of the high tier characters are flat out unfair except for Cryax's ridiculous resets. Of course...there is also a small chance that buffing low tier fighters would make them OP. But honestly I think it would take some SERIOUS mistakes to make Stryker or Jade OP. I think Baraka would be fine if his projectile was faster and had alot better recovery.

Sauron

Noob
This game right now , imo needs more time to breath!I hope MK10 will be smth like shaolin monks but way , way epic :).Will see

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
i hope they can come up with some great new characters and a fresh storyline. they took everything that was great about their past creations and put them into mk9, while tossing out the stuff that didnt work. lets pray they give themselves time to create more of the classic elements of mortal kombat that made it so great. maybe even reuniting with john tobias???

I really hope mk10 doesn't arrive any earlier than 2013, mk9 still needs more time to fully develop, look at SF4 it's been around for years and doing well, people want to commit time and effort on learning a game but only if it's worth the investment, a full new game every year makes all your efforts be good for nothing. I'll take SF4 route and do some kind of crossover but instead of DC, use any franchise that lets MK still get all the blood, fatalities etc. , or at least go for umk9

I really hope mk10 doesn't arrive any earlier than 2013, like oblivioner said!​
AND I PRAY THAT THE NEXT VERSION GET SPECIAL VERSIONS FOR COUNTRYS WHO MK IS BANNED, BECAUSE OF VIOLENCE :(
in the case of germany, there is NO offline szene, no mk tournaments becuase mk is BANNED​
i know that germany is not the only one country where mk is banned, shame on that!!​

I really hope mk10 doesn't arrive any earlier than 2013, like oblivioner said!​
AND I PRAY THAT THE NEXT VERSION GET SPECIAL VERSIONS FOR COUNTRYS WHO MK IS BANNED, BECAUSE OF VIOLENCE :(
in the case of germany, there is NO offline szene, no mk tournaments becuase mk is BANNED​
i know that germany is not the only one country where mk is banned, shame on that!!
I think Australia is one of them.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I hope MK10 will make like in the middle of 2013. Considering fact that about that time TT2 ganna be out this will be good time for new game to hit. I hope this is ganna be better MK9 version. I have one wish: bring the new improved Kabal in :D

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
lol, too soon for a new MK .... MK9 still needs more competitive scene and tourneys, in order to survive the "test of time".

MK10, if could be a better game or at least , at the same level of MK9, coming before 2014 could only kill all current MK9 hype and bury all MK9 effort to build a community, at least a competitive one ..... I don't second that idea of MK10 coming in 2013.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
I've never felt so reluctant to say "I can't wait for them to put out another one" but MK9 is still awesome. I really think they could still do a lot more.

pzea

Noob
It's cool that a new mk is coming, (as if there were any doubts about it), but I hope it isn't until 2013. The current game needs to be played more.

Also, I hope that they make progress with the game and polish it, especially make online as smooth as possible. But I'm afraid they'll get rid of characters instead of keeping all of them and adding new ones. It would suck to be into a character and have him disappear in the next title. I hope they aren't scared to keep characters the way they are because I feel many characters are very well done. Please don't redo characters completely just for the sake of making it a new game. Obviously if the actual way fighting works in mk10 is radically different from mk9, then it might make sense to change all characters as it will be a completely new game, but I really doubt mk10 will be that much different from mk9.

Status
Not open for further replies.