What's new

MK1 Year 2 Preview July 26th

Just keep the game uninstalled it ain't gonna become what you want.
Become what??

Things im talking about are in regards to the games systems actually being finished and complete and up to the quality of a full game.

If you are happy with beta systems slapped together with tons of bugs and major lack of content then more power to you my guy.

Most normals just don't have a lot of active frames but if you time it you are gonna meaty. To me, this feels pretty much like all of their other games. Got to learn that delay meaty timing.

In NRS games, you should be using delayed wakeup frequently imo
Yeah i know its just feeling strange to interact with,a bit inconsistent.You csn read delay wake up and still get hit somehow and situations like that.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Yeah i know its just feeling strange to interact with,a bit inconsistent.You csn read delay wake up and still get hit somehow and situations like that.
Unfortunately this is just a skill issue kinda thing you need to work on, I get blown up frequently too when I mistime my meaty, but its not something that needs to be fixed really.

If I feel my meaties are off and they're waking up with buttons all the time, I'll switch to lower reward but higher active frame buttons, or just back dash on oki to cover wake up grab and whiff punish any poke or button.

It's kind of krazy they're still giving Quan Chi new moves. It goes to show in what state he got released.
Many base characters could use the same hah.
Especially strings.

Like playing sub zero feels so awfull cuase he has so little strings and the ones he does have are copy paste versions of each other with the same hits,same rythm to them, its so bad.

rifraf

Noob
Many base characters could use the same hah.
Especially strings.

Like playing sub zero feels so awfull cuase he has so little strings and the ones he does have are copy paste versions of each other with the same hits,same rythm to them, its so bad.
Oh yeah, I feel you. My main's Li Mei. All her strings except 2, have only 1 route. Thankfully, they're giving her 1 new one.

I don't understand why so many characters have so few string routes. I don't care about mix btw, but variety. Ermac is a good example of a complete character imo.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I don't understand why so many characters have so few string routes. I don't care about mix btw, but variety. Ermac is a good example of a complete character imo.
I agree, there's also more strings with the same ending hit than in past games. I have two theories.

1. They were reportedly working on Injustice 3, and I think you can see some repurposed designs in this game. Injustice is a three button game, some characters in MK1 have less options from their kick buttons than you might expect.

2. Air Combos took time and emphasis away from the ground combos.

Oh yeah, I feel you. My main's Li Mei. All her strings except 2, have only 1 route. Thankfully, they're giving her 1 new one.

Yeah its so strange, they also in the process got rid of the different kinds of inputs that would normally represent those additional strings. For example no 2 3 forward 2,forward 2 1 back 3 or thouse multi press inputs like that alien string from mkx.

There were so many in mk9 and especially in mkx,and it made the characters feel alive,then you have mk1 and it feels so empty.i like to use sub zero as an example cause not only does he have so little number but they are all just so samey,kick attacks even straight up re using and having identical animations,3 4 , b34,b4 ,44, it just feels so empty.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Yeah its so strange, they also in the process got rid of the different kinds of inputs that would normally represent those additional strings. For example no 2 3 forward 2,forward 2 1 back 3 or thouse multi press inputs like that alien string from mkx.

There were so many in mk9 and especially in mkx,and it made the characters feel alive,then you have mk1 and it feels so empty.i like to use sub zero as an example cause not only does he have so little number but they are all just so samey,kick attacks even straight up re using and having identical animations,3 4 , b34,b4 ,44, it just feels so empty.
Multi input strings still exist. Smoke has a few of them

I agree, there's also more strings with the same ending hit than in past games. I have two theories.

1. They were reportedly working on Injustice 3, and I think you can see some repurposed designs in this game. Injustice is a three button game, some characters in MK1 have less options from their kick buttons than you might expect.

And the funny things is that even though we have bunch of these air strings per charcater,some even having alot,they are mostly unusable,impossible to implement in optimal combos,and there is usually one that can be used cause it gives a bounce or has non existent scaling so it can give good damage.

So much time spent on air strings that are so poorly implemented that you have to basically fight the gravity and combos system to find a use for them.

Multi input strings still exist. Smoke has a few of them
Was using it as an example,the overall string input variaty has been dumbed down and in turn the number of string have too.

In mk9 and mkx you had many different kinds of inputs and strings from f+button or b or u or d in the middle or end of a string to mutli input strings like alien f2 3434343 and so on.removing all those variations also means less strings and that means boring and repetative movesets.

Eldriken

Life was wasted on you.

What are air combos? :DOGE

As a Reiko main, I have only two and they all lead to a knockdown. huuuuuuue This isn't a complaint, mind you. They lead to incredibly plus on hit situations, but it's like, wtf, man? Let me do combos in the air without Janet. >.> It also doesn't help that Reiko's combo gravity is DUMB compared to so many other characters. Knock 'em in the air one time and it's a wrap soon thereafter.