What's new

MK1 Year 2 Preview July 26th

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Will we finally learn about the Warrior Shrine?

I'm hoping this WB doing live service thing means MK1 support is quality stuff for a while and not just them finishing up what they planned for DLC before moving onto the next thing.

Konquest mode? :eek: Animalities?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Please fix this game.

MK1 is the AEW Fight Forever of fighting games, and that makes me want to barf on Ed Boon's shoes.

Bring back John Tobias.
Bring back VSM and The Wharf.
Bring back The Rune Trap.

#SaveUs.MK1

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Can we get a leaderboard which actually shows skill points not tied to KL bullshit? We had this in every other MK game. Now NRS doesn't allow the game to breathe between seasons. The game needs an entire ranking rework to bring interest, and it needs to be tied to individual character.

Well,this is somewhat interesting tough knowing its nrs,i doubt they will provide alot of info.Probably just the basics of promoting the expansion.

The game needs gigantic changes in alot of aspects,specificaly singleplayer and progression/monetisation.And major fixes of the combo/gravity/sacling systems as well as major overhaul to the gameplay and character/kameo utility.

If those things are not definetivly marked for change with real intrent by NRS to adress those issues,then the game remains uninstalled for me.

The game needs gigantic changes in alot of aspects,specificaly singleplayer and progression/monetisation.
Yes. invasions are tedious and boring.

And major fixes of the combo/gravity/sacling systems as well as major overhaul to the gameplay and character/kameo utility.
no. gemaplay is in a pretty good state. the game is fun, feels mainly fair and every character can compete.

rifraf

Noob
I really hope NRS is not going to pull another MK11 on us and abandon the game prematurely. Their lack of communication does not inspire confidence.

And major fixes of the combo/gravity/sacling systems as well as major overhaul to the gameplay and character/kameo utility.

I really, really hope they don't change anything too big with the gameplay. The gameplay in this game is so fine, I just want more buffs and more moves, but the system is solid and the balance right now is the best NRS has ever done.

I'm hoping for lobbies, a better ranked system and be able to search in any screen of the game (like in SF6).

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Ok, so what do we all expect.

• Takeda trailer, gameplay etc. - that's pretty obvious
  • Story expansion trailer/sneak peak with the presentation of Cyrax. Sektor and Noob - I assume they MAY drop at one go - at least 3 MK chars. Guests will drop over time. Maybe some new kameo sneak peaks
  • New game mode presentation - Warrior Shrine
  • New "-LITY" presentation. Animality? Friendship? Stage Fatality?
  • New premium skins - probably a throwback ones
Anything else you guys count on? Or am I too optymistic? :)

CanoCano

Noob
Ok, so what do we all expect.

• Takeda trailer, gameplay etc. - that's pretty obvious
  • Story expansion trailer/sneak peak with the presentation of Cyrax. Sektor and Noob - I assume they MAY drop at one go - at least 3 MK chars. Guests will drop over time. Maybe some new kameo sneak peaks
  • New game mode presentation - Warrior Shrine
  • New "-LITY" presentation. Animality? Friendship? Stage Fatality?
  • New premium skins - probably a throwback ones
Anything else you guys count on? Or am I too optymistic? :)
Doubt we're getting new finisher styles, at most Interloko found some code for Mercy but that's it, other than that i agree on everything
Maybe instead of Warrior Shrine we'll get a trailer for the MK2 Movie or the new MK Legends

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin

no. gemaplay is in a pretty good state. the game is fun, feels mainly fair and every character can compete.
It's funny, I can hop on World Tour for a small session when I just want to "chill." Yea it's a shitty version of Yakuza, but beating up box heads while getting tidbits of story is far more entertaining than Invasions. Why the morons at NRS didn't implement a similar mode in MK1 is beyond me. Probably would've taken the same amount of effort.

Characters severly lack moves(especially normals) and character identity,kameos feel way too much like variations instead of assists(this is compaunded by how empty majority of the cast feels without a kameo,that essentially plugs holes).

Thats not fun to me.

As someon who is a combo system savant and who very much enjoyed mk9 and x staple nrs combo systems,this mk1 one feels beta-ish compared to them.So many wired scaling situations,gravity expenditure is very strange,essentially forcing you to chain launchers over and over,making filler parts of the combo feel very unsatisfying,basically having to fight the system to construct a route,if it is even possible.And even when possible the scaling being poorly implemented tends to make those combos VERY sub-optimal.

On top of these gameplay issues you also have the fact that the fundation of mk1 is mk11,so even though its vastly improved,it still inherited the neutral,poke wars,low poke priroty,micro duck bases of mk11.

Also Wake up buttons/delay wake up buttons has such s strange almost invincibility frames periods that its very annoying to meaty(especially online) if playing vs someone who knows how to use it.

These are sever gameplay issues imo.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
My expectations are extremely low regarding NRS.If you dont expect or assume anything you'll never be disappointed.

Characters severly lack moves(especially normals) and character identity,kameos feel way too much like variations instead of assists(this is compaunded by how empty majority of the cast feels without a kameo,that essentially plugs holes).

Thats not fun to me.

As someon who is a combo system savant and who very much enjoyed mk9 and x staple nrs combo systems,this mk1 one feels beta-ish compared to them.So many wired scaling situations,gravity expenditure is very strange,essentially forcing you to chain launchers over and over,making filler parts of the combo feel very unsatisfying,basically having to fight the system to construct a route,if it is even possible.And even when possible the scaling being poorly implemented tends to make those combos VERY sub-optimal.

On top of these gameplay issues you also have the fact that the fundation of mk1 is mk11,so even though its vastly improved,it still inherited the neutral,poke wars,low poke priroty,micro duck bases of mk11.

Also Wake up buttons/delay wake up buttons has such s strange almost invincibility frames periods that its very annoying to meaty(especially online) if playing vs someone who knows how to use it.

These are sever gameplay issues imo.
Just keep the game uninstalled it ain't gonna become what you want.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Most normals just don't have a lot of active frames but if you time it you are gonna meaty. To me, this feels pretty much like all of their other games. Got to learn that delay meaty timing.

In NRS games, you should be using delayed wakeup frequently imo