What's new

MK1 vs MK2

Mariso

Noob
Well, its logical and also expectable that, all players who play and preffer mk2 will say mk2 is more enyjoyable, and all players who play mk1 will also say mk1 is more fun- so its a matter of subjective opinion. It also depends what individual preffer from specific gameplay too have fun.
wich game is more enjoyable is hard too answer cause every game has its own good things. MK2 for me is not as much enjoyable as mk1 is! mk1 arkade has good Close kombat fighting system wich is very fast (close kombat system faster then mk2 - thats a fact as ded_ already said eheh) and it can create very quality gameplay amongst other things! Thoes who say mk2 is more enjoyable cause of kombos its not true, since you can do shit a lot of kombos at mk1 as well. Mk1 is also more enjoyable cause it is simple and provides as less possible cheapness there cause of the moves caracters have and most important the "punishment system" where u can punish most of the blocked moves - wich also create more quality and more FUN gameplay! mk1 also has this way of the gameplay how caracter moves and the animation of it wich is more smooth there for more enjoyable for me. Thats my opinion , but of course everyone has its own preffered game.

Thief

Noob
Depends on what mood i'm in and/or who I'm playing. There are things that I hate and like about both games. MK1 has more balance between all characters, more counter moves, more offensive gamplay overall, Sonja is the only chracter that can't be fought offensively, cause she can't be pressure jabbed. She is also only one that has an infinity, and only broken character. MK2 has more characters, random select, more headgames, more moves, which adds to overall more variety, and a faster gameplay feel. I also think MK1 requires faster or better timing/quicker relflexis than MK2, at least that's what i observed from playing soultaker, even though MK2 is a tad faster. Either way, both games are pretty different from each other, which kinda messes me up when I use MK2 strategy in MK1 that doesn't work, but i use as a reflex, and vice versa.

Mariso

Noob
Sonja is the only chracter that can't be fought offensively, cause she can't be pressure jabbed. She is also only one that has an infinity, and only broken character.
Actually thats not true, Raiden has Infinite torpedo move as well! ;)

Actually thats not true, Raiden has Infinite torpedo move as well! ;)
on rev1,rev2,rev3 there are jp corner infinites(cage,raiden,kano),but only the cheapest abuser would use them,also about the raiden torpedo it's escapable exept if your opponent is fooled enough to keep blocking.we've tried it and it's escapable,also it depends on the range,rev3 confirmed :)

so about the main subject thread mk1 vs mk2,imo mk1 is more presice game,punishment system and etc.so it can't be speculated with seeps and other unpunihsable hits in mk2,which 90% of the mk2 players are using,so I vote for mk1 :p

Mariso

Noob
As far as i know Against liu kang is 100% infinite in rev 5 - cause caracter is still in stand up recovery (blocking or not blocking) and in proper range it cant be escaped, blocking or not blocking dosent matter! Ded_ also verified this shit and he confirms it...... The rest im sure DED_ can answer.....infinites are crap anyway, no fun for the other player..

As far as i know Against liu kang is 100% infinite in rev 5 - cause caracter is still in stand up recovery (blocking or not blocking) and in proper range it cant be escaped, blocking or not blocking dosent matter! Ded_ also verified this shit and he confirms it...... The rest im sure DED_ can answer.....infinites are crap anyway, no fun for the other player..
vs lui kang maybe,but vs the other players is erelevant it's not a complete infinite,also infinites are really dull and cheap