What's new

MK1 restoration questions

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
Ok so i have this mk1 cab thats painted black. i need to know what the best/cheapest method of stripping that off. here is a pic of what i got off using goop off or goo off, cant remember what its called, but thats like in a spray can.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Looks like it does a pretty good job! ctozzi uses Citristrip. It does a great job. You simply apply it, let it sit for 30 minutes or so, then use a putty knife to 'strip' the paint off. BE CAREFUL and don't gouge the sideart. That's all I can recommend.

ctozzi

Noob
looks nice under there. I have had mixed results with citristrip. All i can say is make sure you follow the directions on the bottle about having the ambient temperature spot on. Otherwise it dries to fast and screws everything up. It does work and looks like it will do a nice job on that. Keep in mind that it also attacks the color white differently than colors. So be extra careful on the white areas. I do 15 minutes scrap off, then another 15 minutes and that usually does it. I also tried concentrated simple green last time to clean up the residue and it worked very well. Best of luck to you.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
well idk what im going to use but i really want to get this done, just have no time it seems, going to be a while