What's new

MK1 PC Requirements

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Monitor question here for MK1 -PC

What would give you/me the smoothest MK1 experience if running the game on 60fps.
I'm trying to get the pc as smooth as ps5.
GPU and CPU considerations aside.

I have a 1140p 144hrz monitor.
What refreshrate and resolution should I run the game at:

1080p and 60hrz
1080p 120hrz
1440p 60hrz
1440 120hrz
1440p 144hrz

Frames matching refresh rate allows for best visual smoothness no?
So with the game capped at 60fps what is thebest choice here?

Opinions plz :)
De stressing your GPU is always helpful for pure performance which lower resolutions are helpful for. So 1080p if you want to play it safe. It may not matter a whole lot of you have beefy card and it isn't struggling to deliver frames on time. I don't think you can really have a res conversation while setting the "GPU" conversation aside.

120hrz is probably a solid option. Assuming V-Sync was left on (Which is usually advised to turn off) 120 divides evenly into the 60fps pacing of the game and shrinks the amount of time needed to recover from a late delivered frame vs running pure 60. Having matching hrz and fps, or a hrz your fps divides evenly into, are ideal. 144hrz doesn't really divide evenly so technically it will cause pacing issues that at 144hrz may fortunately be small enough that it still feels good. A lot of the pacing issues that make things look bad start to shrink away once you throw enough hrz at them. Missed deliveries don't matter as much though if V-Sync is off since the game will just push the frame out when it's ready instead of having to do a wait.

So with v-sync on 120 is probably going to seem a little better because of math, but with it off, 144 is probably better. This also isn't getting into whatever adaptive syncing features you may have. It's a pretty easy thing to just try, so just try it. I'd say start with low res and find the refresh rate you like, then see what you can bump up the res to.

Last edited:

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
The game is running perfectly fine for me so far, 3 hours in. Haven't tried online so far, but story and practice are perfectly fine.

My system is:
AMD 5700x
32 Ram
Intel Arc A770 (16 GB)
:)

anyone here with a 1080 or 1080ti around with feedback on how the game performs with them?
Just messed around on my old rig with an i5 8600k and EVGA 1080ti on a 1440p 165hz display. Gpu temp never exceeded 80 degrees and seemed perfectly playable after I messed with some of the settings a bit. Generally I turn down some of the stuff I find distracting like bloom and shadows and don't play on highest textures in competitive games I play. It did stutter a once or twice on certain moves such as Li Mei's ex projectile since it causes an explosion but this only happened when particle density was on very high. Other than that it seemed fine.

De stressing your GPU is always helpful for pure performance which lower resolutions are helpful for. So 1080p if you want to play it safe. It may not matter a whole lot of you have beefy card and it isn't struggling to deliver frames on time. I don't think you can really have a res conversation while setting the "GPU" conversation aside.

120hrz is probably a solid option. Assuming V-Sync was left on (Which is usually advised to turn off) 120 divides evenly into the 60fps pacing of the game and shrinks the amount of time needed to recover from a late delivered frame vs running pure 60. Having matching hrz and fps, or a hrz your fps divides evenly into, are ideal. 144hrz doesn't really divide evenly so technically it will cause pacing issues that at 144hrz may fortunately be small enough that it still feels good. A lot of the pacing issues that make things look bad start to shrink away once you throw enough hrz at them. Missed deliveries don't matter as much though if V-Sync is off since the game will just push the frame out when it's ready instead of having to do a wait.

So with v-sync on 120 is probably going to seem a little better because of math, but with it off, 144 is probably better. This also isn't getting into whatever adaptive syncing features you may have. It's a pretty easy thing to just try, so just try it. I'd say start with low res and find the refresh rate you like, then see what you can bump up the res to.
Thank you fro the great post.
I found my sweet spot with everything -- thank you.
200Hrz at 1080 stable 60 frames all around :) MORTAL KOMBAT!

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
Installed the game on SSD instead of HDD and it's like night and day. My SSD isn't even using USB-C, but USB 3.0 and the loads are almost instant still.

The only performance issues I have is an occasion stutter during cutscenes in Story mode. But matches are 100% fine.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Installed the game on SSD instead of HDD and it's like night and day. My SSD isn't even using USB-C, but USB 3.0 and the loads are almost instant still.

The only performance issues I have is an occasion stutter during cutscenes in Story mode. But matches are 100% fine.
I'm barely above minimum requirements but the game runs great for me.

Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 580
32gb DDR5 ram
running off SSD

I benchmark 60 fps on medium graphics preset. The only stuttering I get is from the flaming MK logo transition during invasion mode.

nwo

Noob
I've only been playing for like two days, so I suck, but the game looks great.

I would choose to play in 4K honestly, this was more of a benchmark.