What's new

mk x basics and fundamentals

does anyone know or can see yet how the fundamentals of this game works at all yet? , will it be a brand new concept or is it identical to injustice with invincible backdash? and similar plus on pokes? , id just like to know if anyone has noticed anything yet or from people who have had the privilege of playing it already. many thanks

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
I think (personally) that backdash will gave some invulnerable frames, also I think I read somewhere that certain characters can convert from pokes.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
from what i have gathers a lot of character seem to have a step kick like move string in their arsenal, putting an emphasis on footsies. with faster walk speed and running i think it will be a combination of being able to punish dashes like INJ and playing a good footsies game with walking and run baiting. also it just seems like most characters have some form of 50/50 going on. ermac had a low to overhead string, kung lao had a jab to low similar to 2,4 and two overheads (not to mention EX low hat in buzzwaw plus dick kick if its an overhead). i personally feel characters with teleports will be really good early on until we all get a feel for how to deal with zoning and keep away game from the zoners. as for pokes i didn't get to see any blocked to tell if they are negative or plus, but i doubt they will be plus on block again, but who knows.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Please wait the game to come out, as far as anyone can tell, its not only about invincible backdashes and so on.

The implementation of new mechanics all together will require a different type of meta if you add any characters tools in the game, so there is no way to tell until the game is out, we have a vague idea yes, but there isn't much to say until the game is out.

Please wait the game to come out, as far as anyone can tell, its not only about invincible backdashes and so on.

The implementation of new mechanics all together will require a different type of meta if you add any characters tools in the game, so there is no way to tell until the game is out, we have a vague idea yes, but there isn't much to say until the game is out.
im only after vague ideas lol. if you dont have anything to input the dont post. thanks :) . we dont say the game isnt out yet so dont bother guessing the characters lol. just want to know what people have noticed so far

from what i have gathers a lot of character seem to have a step kick like move string in their arsenal, putting an emphasis on footsies. with faster walk speed and running i think it will be a combination of being able to punish dashes like INJ and playing a good footsies game with walking and run baiting. also it just seems like most characters have some form of 50/50 going on. ermac had a low to overhead string, kung lao had a jab to low similar to 2,4 and two overheads (not to mention EX low hat in buzzwaw plus dick kick if its an overhead). i personally feel characters with teleports will be really good early on until we all get a feel for how to deal with zoning and keep away game from the zoners. as for pokes i didn't get to see any blocked to tell if they are negative or plus, but i doubt they will be plus on block again, but who knows.
nice observation thanks for your input

Fundamentally you want to reduce their lifebar to 0 before they can do so to yours. Or at least have it be lower than yours when time runs out.

Other than that no I don't think there's much anyone can really comment on. Running, stamina bar, dash changes, meter changes, and not to mention likely frame data on almost every single returning move + a ton of new moves means it's hard to tell what you want to do other than that.

Fundamentally you want to reduce their lifebar to 0 before they can do so to yours. Or at least have it be lower than yours when time runs out.

Other than that no I don't think there's much anyone can really comment on. Running, stamina bar, dash changes, meter changes, and not to mention likely frame data on almost every single returning move + a ton of new moves means it's hard to tell what you want to do other than that.
quite a few ppl have demod and had peeks at the frame data so just looking to see what people have figured out so far :) . but thanks

quite a few ppl have demod and had peeks at the frame data so just looking to see what people have figured out so far :) . but thanks
And like most games at this point, I highly doubt the balance is locked and that the frame data is representative of the final product. Further pulling any good meta information from a couple of demos is unlikely, especially when dealing with general feature changes.

BRUTALITY

Banned
And like most games at this point, I highly doubt the balance is locked and that the frame data is representative of the final product. Further pulling any good meta information from a couple of demos is unlikely, especially when dealing with general feature changes.
yes but the people who have played this game will have thoughts and i want to hear them.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
im only after vague ideas lol. if you dont have anything to input the dont post. thanks :) . we dont say the game isnt out yet so dont bother guessing the characters lol. just want to know what people have noticed so far
Then your thread title is a bit misleading, because at this point no one exactly knows how it will play out by watching, what we know is what mechanics are implemented in the system and how they're balanced out, and what it MIGHT trigger, at least the idea, but this doesn't define we know fundamentals and basic of MKX, as far as i can tell, and as far as Colt said himself, "it will play like MKX".

This means, it will be nothing like MK9 or Injustice even if some mechanics come from past NRS games, the whole fundamental thing will be different.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
There is no way for us to tell how the fundamentals will be until we can get our hands on it. Hopefully we can get a demo.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Game seems to change with every build they show us....To early for this.
We need the final build before we can analysis it really.

from guys like @ETC Mcfly who is a master of MK's mechanics.. He says it plays similarly to MK9 for the most part but has a faster pace...
That's right dear friend. the negative is that gravity is more similar to injustice. (at least to my taste). The AA of the characters work as injustice. The combo system is faster than mk9 undoubtedly (add interactions as well). Kunglao looks very good and I am very excited to get my hands. a hug.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I'm taking a wild guess and say it'll be more like Injustice (1 bullshit vs another bullshit) than MK9 (Neutral game, footsies [With the exception of top tier]}

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
That's right dear friend. the negative is that gravity is more similar to injustice. (at least to my taste). The AA of the characters work as injustice. The combo system is faster than mk9 undoubtedly (add interactions as well). Kunglao looks very good and I am very excited to get my hands. a hug.
Why is the Inj like gravity abad thing in your opinion? I find Inj combo system to be, feel and look much better than MK9's.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I played couple of hours, it's to me a mixing between mk9 and igau. The jump stuff is more like igau, d3 are between mk and igau. Interaction is igau. The run systeme looks pretty interesting and completly new since a while.