What's new

MK or SF style inputs

Which style will you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I personally will switch it up depending on the character, but if its anything like previous MK games (im sure it is) you can pull off SF inputs in the MK style so ill probably just stick to MK.

MK inputs all the way.... SF inputs are just going to add directions. Why would you add directions to your inputs? Just gonna make stuff easier to drop if you happen to miss a diagonal. But I'm a hitbox player so it's more of an issue for keyboard players and I than it is for stick/pad players I suppose

n9195v

Noob
I'll be using SF. If I'm crouching and I want to do an quarter circle I shouldn't have to go back to standing.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Depends what character you use. Characters with inputs like 46+Button have that input changed to 41236+button. You can do 46+Button a lot faster than you can swing out a half circle. Something to keep in mind.

Aside from that, SF style inputs all the way, better known as "the style of inputs used by every fighting game ever for a good reason."

I'll be using SF. If I'm crouching and I want to do an quarter circle I shouldn't have to go back to standing.
This would be that good reason. MK inputs are crap.

With MK style you can pull off the moves the same way as SF style excluding half circles. Ive always played MK games with that technique.

Sami

Noob
SF. If I get into the game I'm seriously considering getting a hitbox at which point I'll probably switch to MK style.

edit: thinking about it, QCF would be just as easy on the HB anyway.

both are good i prefer sf style though.
the main problem are the goddamn "shortcuts"
i hate them because they destroy your execution.
the developters put them in so the noobs can pull off combos and dps, easier!
best examples:
(sf4) dragon punch: without shortcut f, d, df, punch - shortcut: df,df punch
(mk9) special: without shortcut d, f, button - shortcut: df, button.

i wish the damn shortcuts could be DISABLED, that would be an NICE feature!

both are good i prefer sf style though.
the main problem are the goddamn "shortcuts"
i hate them because they destroy your execution.
the developters put them in so the noobs can pull off combos and dps, easier!
best examples:
(sf4) dragon punch: without shortcut f, d, df, punch - shortcut: df,df punch
(mk9) special: without shortcut d, f, button - shortcut: df, button.

i wish the damn shortcuts could be DISABLED, that would be an NICE feature!
HA i forgot about that corner trick in MK 9. maybe cuz it was so lame lol

MK inputs all the way.... SF inputs are just going to add directions. Why would you add directions to your inputs? Just gonna make stuff easier to drop if you happen to miss a diagonal. But I'm a hitbox player so it's more of an issue for keyboard players and I than it is for stick/pad players I suppose
It depends man. I've gotten db1 so many times when I just wanted d1. SF4 style inputs would likely alleviate this problem.