What's new

Question MK online netcode on PC

How would you rate your experience with MK's netcode on PC?

• Total voters
Ok here is my experience:Having dealt with the terribad netcod of the console I bought MK PC version with the hope to play some decent online matches, now not considering that sometimes I had to wait over 10 minutes to play against someone all the 10 matches I played so far had an INSANE amount of lag so much that in two of them the game slowed down to something like 20FPS (my PC has nothing to do with this).A fighting game that is unplayable online, AGAIN, and NRS doesn't seem to give a flying f*** about it.

AssassiN

Noob
Play people with a better connection or fix the problems on your end.
The experience is better than the consoles, wouldn't say better than IGAU but it's close.
Slowdown happens when the person on the other side cannot play the game at 60 FPS and they are foolish enough to keep trying.

"NO MK developpers don't have the right to vote": you're saying that people who didn't work on the game can't vote for that option.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Once you get everyone up and running optimally the connection is actually REALLY good on PC. Takes a little tweaking to get your settings just right tho.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Play people with a better connection or fix the problems on your end.
The experience is better than the consoles, wouldn't say better than IGAU but it's close.
Slowdown happens when the person on the other side cannot play the game at 60 FPS and they are foolish enough to keep trying.

"NO MK developpers don't have the right to vote": you're saying that people who didn't work on the game can't vote for that option.
It's not better than consoles, especially with all the extra variables the PC has. At best the PC version is just as bad as the consoles.

AssassiN

Noob
It's not better than consoles, especially with all the extra variables the PC has. At best the PC version is just as bad as the consoles.

Seriously, fix the problems you're having.
I've played against zaf and the connection felt pretty good. Felt like I was playing on the consoles with someone who lived close by.

I've played against zaf and the connection felt pretty good. Felt like I was playing on the consoles with someone who lived close by.
I envy you so much,my connection it's not great at all but you can't see how badly the game is lagging online on my PC

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
The netcode isn't magically better on the PC. I don't have any issues on my setup.

zaf

professor
The netcode isn't magically better on the PC. I don't have any issues on my setup.

I play with people in europe with an almost flawless connection.
Other people I play in North america also say its the best connection they have had.

n1ch

Noob
6/10 if opp have 60 fps, lag sometimes, rare freeze, but its more playable then x360, imo.

codo27

Noob
Ever since I ditched my PS3 Its been near impossible to get some online MK on the go. I was fooled into buying MKAK on console, then paid for it again on PC. Now I went ahead and bought this again for the second time, and the online is just terrible. If you follow Boon on twitter, you can see that he is pro-apple, and that tells you about all you need to know about how far gone he is. Just fuckin disgusting, if your local friends aren't handy for a game, you are pretty much fucked. I'm tempted to start learning street fighter.

just for the record I have a super beast PC and 30mbps upload on my connection

Reactions: nwo