What's new

MK: Legacy II Interview w/ Brian Tee (Liu Kang), "he’s the anti-hero of the series"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
As if it was tied to a rocket and set to flame, Mortal Kombat Legacy sky-rocketed with popularity. Now that Mortal Kombat Legacy Season II is confirmed and coming soon... we have much to look forward to. The folks over at NerdReactor.com were able to get a solid interview with the man, Brian Tee, who will be portraying the Shaolin Monk, Liu Kang. In this interview it is quite clear that it won't be the Liu Kang we all know... in fact, it's the complete opposite... he is the anti-hero.
mklliu.jpg
"When the offer came in, I was like, “No,” but they were like, “No, read it. Read it!” I got a great buddy of mine who’s playing Scorpion in the first series and in the second series. [Ian Anthony Dale] gave me a call and he goes, “No, dude. Read it.” So I read it, and it blew my mind. It’s pretty much the Liu Kang saga where he’s the anti-hero of the series. And you see why he’s so angry and frustrated with Kung Lao and why he’s riding the lines between different worlds and realms, whether it’s Outworld or Earthrealm, no one really knows for sure where he wants to go. There’s just so much pain and agony and hatred towards all the elements, that he just wants to..."
Read more at http://nerdreactor.com/2013/04/30/interview-mortal-kombat-legacys-brian-tee/#UiyKsHbYVGsXq2mv.99

Source: NerdReactor.com
Credit: NickDaGreek1983

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Reaal talk I onlyrecently saw season one and it is really good!Looking forward to the new take on Liu Kang.

Atsumachi

I just don't know
Brian Tee is a really cool guy, I got to work with him on a movie one time. He's very funny and laid back, so I'm excited to see him play a serious role!