What's new

MK Legacy director hints at new character coming to next Mortal Kombat game and film

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Today during Machinima Prime's 24-our Birthday stream, it is being reported that Kevin Tancharoen joined in on the stream. Of course we all know what Kevin Tancharoen has been working on with Mortal Kombat Legacy series 2, but he was also given the green light to direct the next major motion picture for Mortal Kombat. During his appearance today, not only was a glimpse of MK Legacy series 2 teased at, but something that would very much interest Mortal Kombat "game" fans. According to several reports, Kevin Tancharoen mentioned that... "in the next movie there will be a new original character that will be inside the roster of the next Mortal Kombat Game. You can hear it by yourself on 23:25:00".

With as much cross-merchandising Warner Bros/NetherRealm Studios has been doing with DLC... this is not very hard to believe at all. It has also been reported before that the next game would come out around the same time as the next movie... we're just adding this to top it off it seems!

What do you think about this? What kind of character to you think it will be?

On Machinima Prime's 24-our First Birthday, director Kevin Tancharoen talked about Mortal Kombat Legacy 2 and seems that in the next movie there will be a new original character that will be inside the roster of the next Mortal Kombat Game. You can hear it by yourself on 23:25:00

Credit: InsideMortalKombat

Attachments

InFlames

dead
You're one of those people that believe Malibu Comics was canon, aren't you?
Tremor is too much like Jax as much as No Face is like Kabal. And Hydro is non canon.
Tobias stated Special Forces was a pre-quel to everything MK, so it kinda is canon. Plus Tremor was in MKVita.

aj1701

Noob
looks like someone has there nostalgia goggles on a bit too tight.
No. Mk4 never really impressed me. Even though I got the pc version I didn't play it much. I didn't play another Mk until mka which had everyone, and most of the new characters didn't impress me, some were a joke (brc). Actually I didn't even care too much for the older characters, they all felt lifeless and without personality.

gdf

Noob
lol right before the time stamp they say, "Can't we play Call of Duty instead?"

I hope we get a new Orderrealm character, like someone higher up the food chain than Hotaru.

Reactions: RYX

aj1701

Noob
Who the hell is Shannon? I don't remember her.

Also come on, Havik was awesome. I personally like Drahmin a lot too.
God damn autocorrect, it went to Shannon and I put it back to Shinnok and it still went back to Shannon. Argh.