Mortal Kombat Armageddon

B
Mortal Kombat 11
Mortal Kombat 1

D
Mortal Kombat vs DC

F
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

This is purely on fun factor and not on the competitive quality of the game. Yes, MK11 is that low.

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
Hmmm, this was tough, but think this'd be mine, including the spin-offs:

1. MK11 (haven't invested this much time into an MK game since 1994)
  2. MK9 (only got it recently but already love it due to its lovingly cinematic recreation of MK1)
  3. MK2
  4. MK1 (for the mood, music, style, characters, locations)
  5. MKX
  6. MK Deception
  7. MK Shaolin Monks
  8. MK Gold (not going to include standard MK4)
  9. MK Mythologies
  10. MK Armageddon
  11. UMK3 (not going to include standard MK3)
  12. MK Deadly Alliance
  13. MK Trilogy
  14. MK Vs DC (only one I've never played but looks just awful)
  15. MK Special Forces

Here's my current list, though I'm only going to list the games in the franchise that I've played:

1. Mortal Kombat (2011)
  2. Mortal Kombat II
  3. Mortal Kombat 11
  4. Mortal Kombat XL*
  5. Mortal Kombat (1992)
  6. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3**
  7. Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
  8. Mortal Kombat: Unchained
  9. Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero
* Includes Mortal Kombat X as well.
** Listing this as the final version of the game I played. I personally played and preferred Mortal Kombat 3. Never touched, nor did I want to play, Mortal Kombat Trilogy.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The fighting games strictly From best to worst:

1. MK 9
  2. UMK3
  3. MKT
  4. MK Deception
  5. MK 2
  6. MK 4
  7. MK Deadly Alliance
  8. MK vs DCU
  9. MK Armageddon
  10. MK3
  11. MK 1
  12. MK 11
  13. MK X
  14. MK Gold
MK side Adventure Games from best to worst:

1. MK Shaolin Monks
  2. MK Mythologies Sub-Zero
  3. MK Special Forces
MK on portables from best to worst:

1. UMK3 on DS/DSi/3DS
  2. MK 11 on Switch
  3. MK 9 on Vita
  4. MK Deadly Alliance TE for GBA
  5. MK Unchained
  6. MK 1 and MK 2, 3 and 4 on GB
  7. MK Advance on GBA
  8. MK 2, 3 etc for Game Gear
  9. Everything else after on portables other games, Tiger MK etc, etc

Spektor

Noob
It's all about opinion so there is no right or wrong answer. Everyone seems to agree on MK9 but rest vary wildly. I thought it was funny how many people placed my least favorite (MK4) above some of the ones I thought were fantastic (MKX, ect.).

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
From best to worst:

MK11
MKXL
MKX
MK 9
MK Armageddon
MK Deception
MK Deadly Alliance
MK Gold
MK 4
Ultimate MK 3
MK 3
MK 2
MK 1

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'm going to rank mine based on what I'd most like to play at any given time, not necessarily what game is "best", I suppose:

1 - MK9
2 - UMK3
3 - MKX
4 - MK2

It's honestly hard for me to rank the rest any further. I loved them all at one point, but I have little desire to ever play MK1, MK4, any of the 3D games or even MK11 at this point, which bums me out.

1 - MK9
2 - MK2
3 - MK11
4 - UMK3
5- MKX

Everything else is garbage.

I'd also like to add that I never played MK9 competitively and I would probably hate it. I like slower paced MK games like MK2 and MK11 the most when I play them against other people.
The only reason I rank MK9 so high is because the artwork is amazing and completely recreates the Big Trouble in Little China and old Kung Fu/Horror movie vibe the first two games had and because the roster is almost perfect and I really loved how you unlock shit in single player in that game.
I feel it's a complete video game even though the fighting games itself is incredibly flawed.

I fucking hate how MK11 and especially MKX look and sound. It's like watching any Christopher Nolan movie with a really boring soundtrack. At least MK11 is a bit better on the color side but still far from MK9.

Why the fuck can't any modern MK games have a banger on the soundtrack like this one:

Last edited:

portent

Noob
S+
MK Trilogy 64
Mortal Kombat 9
Mortal Kombat II

S
Mortal Kombat XL
Mortal Kombat 11

A
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks

B+
Mortal Kombat 4
Mortal Kombat Gold

B
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub Zero
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat Trilogy PS1

3D MK Tier
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Mortal Kombat Deception
Mortal Kombat Armageddeon

Special Forces Tier
Mortal Kombat Special Forces
Broken Ice-Klone Kombat 3
Ultimate Kara-Jab Kombat 3

Last edited:

MKF30

It's all about opinion so there is no right or wrong answer. Everyone seems to agree on MK9 but rest vary wildly. I thought it was funny how many people placed my least favorite (MK4) above some of the ones I thought were fantastic (MKX, ect.).
That's true everyone's list is very different for sure, though like you said most seem to agree with mk 9 being their favs.

1. MKX/XL - The first MK game that I really wanted to get good at and it's gonna be a hard one to beat for me.
  2. MK11 - While I may not like it as much a the previous game I still enjoy it for the most part.
  3. MK9 - I only ever played the story mode. The online stopped me from wanting to learn this game.
  4. MK3/Ultimate - This is the classic game I've played the most and is still my favorite.
  5. MK2 - That being said, MK2 is still really fun and was the debut of my favorite character, Kung Lao.
  6. Deadly Alliance - I don't like the 3D era games but this is the one I played the most and it gave us Kenshi.
  7. MK1 - The game I've played the least. It's an important part of gaming history but I have no desire to play it again.
  8. Armageddon - The original Smash Bros Ultimate. Who do we put in? EVERYONE!
  9. MK4 - The only memorable thing about this game is its endings and Jarek.
  10. Deception - The 3D era game I played the least. Not much to say, it just passed me by.
  11. MK vs DC - Real original I know but this game just hurts my soul. It has no redeeming qualities, not the gameplay, not the story, and not the characters. It managed to drop the ball with two universes I really liked and for that, you will always be the worst.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Do you mind clarifying why MKX is F tier? Just out of curiosity as it is one of my favorites.
1. Armor and 50/50s galore. I prefer games like mk9 and mk11 where you need to play footsies to win. Not just throw a random 50/50 and then do 60% if you won the dice roll.

2. Horrible roster. 4 guests, 8 new characters (of which only 3 are good), No Shang Tsung (but both members of the clown posse in Quan and Shinnok), No Human Smoke, Spots wasted on Bo Rai Cho and Tanya.

3. Weird graphics. Idk what it is about the body models in that game but everyone had this weird sweaty clay look to them. Compare that to MK11 and just... *insert puke face here

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
1. Armor and 50/50s galore. I prefer games like mk9 and mk11 where you need to play footsies to win. Not just throw a random 50/50 and then do 60% if you won the dice roll.

2. Horrible roster. 4 guests, 8 new characters (of which only 3 are good), No Shang Tsung (but both members of the clown posse in Quan and Shinnok), No Human Smoke, Spots wasted on Bo Rai Cho and Tanya.

3. Weird graphics. Idk what it is about the body models in that game but everyone had this weird sweaty clay look to them. Compare that to MK11 and just... *insert puke face here
Absolutely to all of this. Game looked like shit (the whole color palette was gray and red), too many guest characters who were broken as hell so NRS could sell more DLC units, and the neutral kinda boiled down to just run up and 50/50 your opponent.

That's true everyone's list is very different for sure, though like you said most seem to agree with mk 9 being their favs.
It was truly the right game at the right time. It really captured the feel, and flavour of the original trilogy in then-modern design, and kick started the modern community we're now a part of. It catered heavily to nostalgia and fan service, while at the same time pushed things much further.

It makes perfect sense that it's at the top of so many lists, and it's going to continue to be remembered fondly for these reasons, despite all the flaws the game really did have from a competitive standpoint.

MKF30

It was truly the right game at the right time. It really captured the feel, and flavour of the original trilogy in then-modern design, and kick started the modern community we're now a part of. It catered heavily to nostalgia and fan service, while at the same time pushed things much further.

It makes perfect sense that it's at the top of so many lists, and it's going to continue to be remembered fondly for these reasons, despite all the flaws the game really did have from a competitive standpoint.
Yeah I mean MK X and MK 11 also have gameplay flaws, pretty much every FG has something I just think MK 9 did more things right than wrong and didn't feel rushed like MK 11 in does in some ways tbh.