What's new

MK Community Banners Inspired by Game of Thrones

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
For the record, I'm posting this here because for whatever reason I lack sufficient privileges to post in the media section. Perhaps it will be moved.

Anyway, SwiftTomHanks and I are hard at work on a project for our upcoming monthly that I'm sure you'll all appreciate. I don't want to give away too much, but I do want to show the community some of these banners a little early. They're not completely finalized, and if I were to post them all in the Klash of Kings thread it's possible that only north-easterners would see them when they really extend to the entire MK community.

With that said, if you're a Game of Thrones fan, you should love these. If you're not... well, then they're alright I guess.

VSM - "Winners are Coming" --- Based on House Stark - "Winter is Coming"
The Starks are, in many ways, the focus of Game of Thrones. Similarly, VSM is the heart of the Mortal Kombat community. That, and I just couldn't resist this motto:

WNBA - "Hear us Troll" --- Based on House Lannister - "Hear me Roar"
The Lannisters are pretty clever, and perhaps the most notable Lannister in the series is among the greatest trolls in existence. The WNBA is all about trolling and making sure everyone knows it.

MAK - "Ours is the Hype" --- Based on House Baratheon - "Ours is the Fury"
Robert Baratheon set a gold standard for awesomeness on Game of Thrones. His blend of hype, humor and fun has been reflected in one particularly great community: MAK.

EGP - "Fire and Drama" --- Based on House Targaryen - "Fire and Blood"
Just like the Targaryens, EGP talks really big but hasn't done a whole lot in recent history. I kid, I kid... sort of. They're definitely a looming threat.

GGA - Based on House Tully - "Family, Duty, Honor"
GGA has always, at least in my eyes, seemed like a close-knit group of players who don't shit-talk everyone and make enemies despite having a bunch of fantastic members. They also have anti-airs that are sick as fuck. Real talk.

TTT - "As High as Top-Tier" --- Based on House Arryn - "As High as Honor"
I've met quite a few TTT players and not only are they great players, but most of them are classy as fuck. Plus they're in Canada... which is pretty high up... get it? Y'know, like above America?

UK - "We do not Reset" - Based on House Greyjoy - "We do not Sow"
The UK players are known for plenty of things, but one thing stands out: they do not reset. They pay the iron price for their tournament victories, not the reset price. Plus they gotta take boats over here, just like the Greyjoys. Word.

ATLMK - "Brewing Strong" - Based on House Tyrell - "Growing Strong"
ATLMK has almost too many notable attributes, but one thing stood out to me: this one time I totally saw Pig down a whole goddamn beer in a fraction of a second. Shit was so cash. So, ATL players, thank Pig for your new motto. Also, between Beerguyed and their brewery battles, it all just fits.

**Note** If the group didn't have its own logo, or I couldn't find one, I just made one for it.

N0rdicNinja, Pig Of The Hut, Krayzie, NeoRussell, Medina4life, SwiftTomHanks, 9.95
If you were tagged, get your boys in here to check them out.

So there you have it. Let me know what you think, and get hype for Pennsylvania's Klash of Kings, coming soon.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
I'm not sure if you understand what making us Targaryen even implies!

You should read the books.
Haha, I actually haven't! I love that many characters (Varys, Baelish, etc.) get fleshed out more in the HBO series, so watching things unfold that way has always seemed so much more compelling. No spoilers please.

But like I said, despite all the trash talk going on, I know the West is legit. I met Tyrant at MLG; he was an awesome guy and a top player. Like a certain Targaryen, I definitely think EGP is a looming threat. We'll have to see if they burn down MLG.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Also lol @ the fact that REO starts a troll thread flaming us and we are the one that gets known for starting drama.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
To the people who have been saying they don't get the references: watch Game of Thrones.

In all honesty, the series is remarkable. I'm consistently impressed with the degree of storytelling and character development. It's purely amazing.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
This is going to sound really random, but does EGP's logo look like a piece of broccoli to anyone else?

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Phase3 if you don't mind suggestions...

I think TYM should be The Night's Watch related.

"Hear my words and bear witness to my vow. Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Any motto like "Night gathers, and now my watch begins." "I shall wear no crowns and win no glory." or "I am the shield that guards the realms of men."

TYM - Guards the realms of men.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
Also lol @ the fact that REO starts a troll thread flaming us and we are the one that gets known for starting drama.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that thread was a response to a thread in which Krayzie directly challenged VSM. He posted some combo in the thread to intimidate VSM and called Maxter's Cyrax outdated.

Throughout the entire course of that thread, all West Coast people did was talk down to others. Then, well-known players came in and said "hey, instead of going right for VSM, why don't you work your way up by challenging groups like WNBA or GGA?" to which they responded "we'd body them" or something. They completely dismissed a bunch of players and proceeded to bash teams left and right. Some of their players, even today, just can't stop themselves from continuously exclaiming "CDJr doesn't seem that great" and maintain the idea that they'd body entire competitive teams despite not really knowing anything about who they would play.

I've been away from the forums for a few days, but all I could remember for a short stretch of time was Krayzie, and a few others specifically, trying to call people out left and right in the name of EGP/West Coast. Regardless of whether or not he actually believes he can succeed, or if he's just trying to slap a hornet's nest and cause hype as an homage to 16-Bit, it ultimately ends with a whole lot of drama.

So, take all this dramatic language and couple that with a group that hasn't really established much of a presence at majors outside their home territory, and you have a group that reminds me of the Targaryen (as of this point in the HBO series).

I'm not trying to instigate any problems, and I don't really want this thread to devolve any further by continuously discussing the validity of the EGP banner. I didn't even make the banner to put down EGP. I'm also not trying to argue that EGP isn't composed of amazing players. I know they are, but in recent history the actions of some of their well-known people (notably Krayzie) have given me the impression that they want to stir things up.

If you're still wondering about all this, PM Krazyie and ask him about it. Also, if, for whatever reason you want to argue all this, just PM me or something. Sorry if the banner offended you, they were all really just meant for fun.