What's new

MK character tier list

Fuck real life.

This tier list rates the characters according to how good they are in the Mortal Kombat world. Obviously doesn't include characters who have no business being in MK like Freddy and Kratos.

The tiers were formulated using an incredibly complicated and scientifically advanced algorithm known as the 'One Potato Two Potato' methodology.

So, taking a leaf out of REO's book, I've made my tier list and I'm going to call it official because I wrote it.

Here it is then. It is still a work in progress as you can see. I will update as and when I feel like it. In fact, under the guise of making it a community project, you do some of the missing writeups and I'll put them in and take the credit.

S Tier

Shao Kahn - Overpowered in many areas. Does huge damage. Is cheaper than a $1 whore. Everyone else is his bitch or wants to fight him.

Onaga - He's a fucking dragon! And he brought back an army of undead. And he had a magic thingy that made him basically unbeatable.

Hsu Hao - One of the most feared and deadly fighters ever. Hugely respected, all round powerhouse, has a beam that comes out of his tummy that is BIGGER THAN KANO's. I don't think I need say more.

A+ Tier

Sindel - Recently got a major buff when she ate Shang Tsung and got his powers. Now can only be beaten by an exploding Indian.

Bo' Rai Cho - He taught Liu Kang how to be champion and is fat and cheap. Like how I like my women.

Liu Kang - Oh look at me, I'm a Bruce Lee ripoff! Yawn. ZZZZ. Mr. Goodie Two Shoes is a many time champion though and is one of the few who can be rated 5-5 with Kahn.

Shinnok - Writeup to come

Quan Chi - Writeup to come

Shujinko - Writeup to come

Taven - Writeup to come

A Tier

Goro - Writeup to come

Raiden - Writeup to come

Blaze - Writeup to come

Shang Tsung - Writeup to come

B+ Tier

Nightwolf - Writeup to come

Fujin - Writeup to come

B Tier

Kintaro - Writeup to come

Sub-Zero - Writeup to come

Ermac - Writeup to come

B- Tier

Jade - Actually has never actually done anything worthy of merit and should be D ranked or something but the fact is that the same rules don't apply to attractive women as they do to others so she gets to be B- tier.

Kitana - See Jade.

C+ Tier

Jax - Thinks he's a badass but the truth is he's pretty armless. ARMLESS!! Geddit?! HAHAHAHA!

Sonya Blade - Writeup to come

Kung Lao - Writeup to come

Moloch - Writeup to come

Johnny Cage - Writeup to come

Kabal - Writeup to come

C Tier

Cyber Sub-Zero - Writeup to come

Cyrax - Writeup to come

Dairou - Writeup to come

Drahmin - Writeup to come

Frost - Writeup to come

Havik - Writeup to come

Hotaru - Writeup to come

Jarek - Writeup to come

Kira - Writeup to come

Li Mei - Writeup to come

Meat - Writeup to come

Mileena - Writeup to come

Nitara - Writeup to come

Noob Saibot - Writeup to come

Rain - Writeup to come

Reiko - Writeup to come

Sareena - Writeup to come

Sektor - Writeup to come

Skarlet - Writeup to come

Smoke - Writeup to come

D+ Tier

Stryker - Writeup to come

Tanya - Writeup to come

Motaro - Writeup to come

Chameleon - Writeup to come

Khameleon - Writeup to come

Mavado - Writeup to come

Ashrah - Second 4 years in a row to Kung Lao in the 'Who has the biggest hat?' contest. Is pretty pissed about it. Rumour is that will be her motivation to kill him in MK10.

Reptile - Writeup to come

D Tier

Scorpion - Despite being Ed Boon's favourite and the poster boy for MK, he has never actually won anything or beaten any top tier character. All he does is go on and on about Sub Zero until everyone is sick of hearing about it.

Sheeva - Writeup to come

Kai - Writeup to come

Daegon - Sounds like a washing powder. Only claim to fame is being related to a real hero.

E Tier

Kobra - He's got blonde hair and he throws fireballs. He should win some kind of award.

Mokap - Joke character that isn't very funny. Dan in Street Fighter is funny. This guy isn't funny. He's stupid. And not funny stupid, just stupid.

Baraka Tier

Baraka - Spends his whole life in the MK universe being someone's bitch. Always loses. Surprisingly toothless for someone with his features. When he wins the MK4 tournament he gets killed. That's how crap he is.