What's new

MK 9 one year anniversary celebration thread

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
The funniest moment 2 me was chris g vs. maxter when tom brady and arturo sanchez were commentating and maxter landed chris g in the net with cyrax and reset. I watched that moment a zillion times it never gets old check it out.

NKZero

Noob
Osu 16 Bit who was that guy at frosty faustings (I think) who just went mad during his match and quit halfway through or something like that? I think he was a guy who took a huge ass journey down to compete and then he got DQ'd or somethin...

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Osu 16 Bit who was that guy at frosty faustings (I think) who just went mad during his match and quit halfway through or something like that? I think he was a guy who took a huge ass journey down to compete and then he got DQ'd or somethin...

Dobson lol

gdf

Noob
The time when Chris G came to Atlanta on a whim for Impact Clash. And when I learned how hype GA could get for one of their own. That battle was just monstrous. To this day, I still think Smoke and Reptile are cheap as hell. (Not so much Smoke because I play Lao, but as any other character)

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Man, the Freddy backlash was gold. There was no middle, you either thought it was awesome or stupid. I'm glad I was among the ones who thought it was cool though, despite him being almost as broken as vanilla Kung Lao during the first revision when he was around and could glitch through projectiles and do 60~% with one bar.

Just sucks that I can't really get into his playstyle, I never really got into pure zoners. It's mostly the same reason I couldn't stick with Noob.

NKZero

Noob
The first time I watched the Tom Brady vs Perfect Legend video....that's what inspired me to get into this game competitively.
my inspiration came from the PDP grand finals between Floe (Ermac) and Wong (Lao). I was like how the hell do they do that kinda shit!

matterovermind

mindundermatter
I have to thank MK9 for unleashing the inner stream monster in me. When we got this a year ago today, me and my brother grinded out all of story mode on the first day. I remember I used to be a casual viewer of mortalkombatonline and checking it daily, until I found out about this site. I haven't met any of you in person, but this place has always made me feel welcomed and extremely helpful and I think you guys are a great bunch.

Here is a few I enjoyed. Most of these I are either recent or something you can see in YouTube since I've only played mk9 for 2 months.

16-bit's devastation pop off after defeating b wizz. Final round. Tom Brady discovering himself. MLG. The rise and fall of Perfect Legend. Shoryukens prison. Tom Brady rediscovers himself. 16-bit and somebody commentate about wcw for at least 30 mins during matches. Troll wars. Tier list wars. Ranking wars. Top 5 list wars. Titanic. Tom Brady rediscovers self.

One thing that is awesome is the damage visibility of characters as they lose health and how that carries over to the end of the match win the victor stands on the screen alone (he's covered with blood with torn clothes).

LEGEND

YES!
the first time i ever played in an offline tournament, got to see Tyrant's Jax wrecking the shit out of everyone then i used stuff i picked up from watching him play to beat Alex Valle. Been playing Jax ever since

Tolkeen

/wrists
Meeting all the GGA guys in person, and all their associated friends, has been really awesome. Being new to the state, I thought it would be over a year before I made one friend, but thanks to TYM and Medina4life, I think I have more friends now than I did collectively before the move.

Meeting PL for all of 15 seconds at Frosty Fausting. I know he probably doesn't remember me, but it was cool knowing someone who won a major tournament was nice enough to just try to chat with some random kenshi that got double flawlessed by 16bits kitana.

Also, entering my first tourney as cage. I look back at it now and think, "did I really think that was good in any way?". Makes me smile.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
I loved when the MK9 beginning days No1 couldnt overcome kabals low saws and ground fireballs :D i also loved EVO 2011 finals. i have watched the matches soo many times :) and yeah online back in the day i used to get wrecked by some ppl but now i beat them :D

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I've met so many cool people in the past year, it's been a great experience. MK has totally changed my life and I only bought it on a whim.