What's new

MK 9: Hype Videos

matterovermind

mindundermatter
I've noticed other fighting games tend to have montage videos that showcase amazing reads, comebacks, gameplay and even heartbreaking moments of players in their respective communities.

I think doing something similar for MK can be a both good and fun project. We can just start by listing competitive matches (or match segments) that really just leave us in awe and resonate for time to come. Maybe then, we can get somebody to compile the clips into a video.

In no particular order:

(1) Maxter uses AA Xray against DetroitBalln313 at Final Round: (Starts at 5:00)

(2) Maxter reads Slips EN Spear at Final Round: (Starts at 3:30)

(3) REO 's insane NDC pressure against Mr. Mileena after being flawless victoried at Devastation: (Starts at 8:14, Ends at 9:08)

(4) CD jr vs CRAZY DOMINICAN at Summer Jam, heartbreaking! (Starts at 13:54)

(5) KT Smith : I forget the details exactly, but this was recent. You dash cancelled out of Smokes XRAY, jumped over and subsequently threw your opponent for the win. Please give us the details!

(6) Tom Brady 's clutch comeback against FOREVER KING at Power Up 2012: (Starts at 30:15)http://www.own3d.tv/teamspooky#/watch/581466

This is only scratching the surface. I know there are ton's of other matches out there, so post them up. Hopefully there will be a video link, but if not, just describe it by text. Also, the point of this thread isn't to blow anyone up or put anyone on blast. It's just a collection of videos that are fun to watch and showcase high level play. Lastly, Don't be afraid to post your own videos!

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Another favorite of mine is when CD jr and REO squared off at MLG:

Reo punishes CDJR for using a whiffed teleport to get in: (Starts at 12:44, ends at 12:52). In another match, CDJR goes for the same combo ender, but does not whiff the teleport and insteads dashes back. Reo goes for an identical punish and CDJR capitalizes on this. (Starts at 15:00). It was dirty! Great example of high level play.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Some more from this past weekend:

VSM Insuperable and KevoDaMaN throw down at Flawless Victory. The entire set is from 1:39:50 to 1:47:15. Clutch comeback occurs between 1:44:53 and 1:45:10! I believe this is Insuperable 's first tournament showing.

CD jr and Death also run some nail biting matches at Flawless Victory. The entire set is from 2:09:50 to 2:18:03.

All sets occur on a single video : http://www.twitch.tv/swbeta/b/315008507 . The audio is somehow crossed to Power Up 2012 at times.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Pig Of The Hut vs Sao87 at Final Round: Dominating matches and solid game play all around. Some highlights (1:06-1:12) and (2:06 - 2:15)

Death and Bwizz at Final Round: Bwizz with good punish + follow up setup (3:12-3:22) and corner pressure at (4:10 - 4:40). Death returns the favor at (5:15 - 5:35) ... jesus!

Tom Brady and CD jr in what looks like casuals. Recommend watching the entire 3-part video series. Of particular interest was Tom's fake out! (0:57-1:15)

Tom Brady and Shorry in a Money Match: Tom's smart use of delayed wake up to run out the clock and close the match up. Hype pop off afterwards too, lol. (7:25-8:07)

Osu 16 Bit 's famous pop-off after closing out SCR!

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
Definitely add some of the Tom Brady vs. Forever King at Power Up. That comeback ending with the slide on reaction to lao roll had me going.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Jake kicking my ass when I had the lifelead
Wow, Mustard so vigilant and on point that entire video. Some very nice punishes and setups. Can't wait till you guys go to Evo.

Definitely add some of the Tom Brady vs. Forever King at Power Up. That comeback ending with the slide on reaction to lao roll had me going.
I have the link to the matches in the first post, but it doesn't embed in the forum post. (since it's on own3d.tv?)