What's new

mk 3.1 turbo

ZAQ

Noob
For the low low price of 750$ starting bid.

They are probably the chips that you sent in before someone swapped them for burnt out chips :)

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
He better hurry up and sell this because here is what I was messaged today from the Mame guys..

"Good news, I got the replacement rom from Phil. I'll try to burn it into the chip today. It should simply be put into the location where the Kombo board went and it should work fine on a T-Unit board."

That means that I don't even need the Kombo board at all. Just the 2 Turbo roms and that's it. VERY CLOSE......

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Got a reply...

"Correct, the one rom goes in the socket as it did before but the one from the Kombo board will now just plug directly into the pcb and not need the Kombo board. Essentially Phil mixed the contents of the rom with the protection activity the Kombo board would make. He's a smart dude... This also means anyone with a programmer and a T-Unit board can change their board into a Turbo Ninja in 5 minutes."

ZAQ

Noob
Maybe you should burn like 100 copies and sell them for 200$/each with instructions lol

I noticed that the less rare mk2 hack chips are going for around $20 on ebay

McCarron

Noob
ScheissNussen said:
Maybe you should burn like 100 copies and sell them for 200$/each with instructions lol

I noticed that the less rare mk2 hack chips are going for around $20 on ebay
At $20 you are darn close to your profit margin unless you get a lot of spare chips at a deep deep discount. EEPROMs are getting more expensive due to their rarity these days. You aren't making much money at $20 a set.

I don't think anyone should heavily profit from this release. It was made so the community of MK Arcade collectors can play this mod on their machines (especially those with the real mod devices so they don't risk breaking them more) and also so the community can play it on MAME for those without real arcade cabinets. I really would discourage anyone trying to do anything gray area with this.