What's new

MK 2011 should have oldschool fighting stances?

MK 2011 should have the oldschool fighting stances?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I think one big thing that would top off Mortal Kombat is if all characters had their old fighting stances back from MK3/UMK3.

Am I the only one that thinks this?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Nightwold, Kabal, Cyrax, Sektor, Shang Tsung... the old stances were original and just awesome imo... :(

Sub's new stance is plain and the most boring so far imo...

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
eh in this regard, let MK9 be MK9.

now, the HD remakes should be faithful to the old games tho.
Agreed.

For the HDRemakes they should keep the old stances. And for MK9, I feel it would be nice to have some old school stances as well, like reptile, but for the most part, a few different ones. I wouldnt want to see all of the ninjas with the same stance.

DevilJin

Noob
Nah cuz the old school stances would look kinda dumb in MK9 since most of the character's stances looked really weird and awkward. I think the old stances would make the game look less "serious".

Now when it comes to the HD remake by all means keep the old stances!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I wouldn't mind the oldschool stances but they were all shared by the ninjas half the time so I also wouldn't mind seeing a 2D styled stance based off both oldschool and the 3D versions, like Ermac for example should stand like he did in MK D Hua Chuan it was a unique stance, Scorpion should have his oldschool fist in the air behind his head, Sub-Zero his MK 2 stance or MK 3 etc, etc..

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I say yes and no. Nightwolf for example should have his back along with Scorpion. Is it me or does he look the most badass in UMK3?

Dtoxz

Noob
I agree Storms but I think their stances should be included in their classic costumes once you unlock them. They should have a regular, alternate, the classic skin for each character. Make them UNLOCKABLE too! None of this "preorder here" bullshit.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
NW's in general in MK9 looks VERY oldschool UMK3-ish if you ask me, yet others look vastly different or new.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Nightwold, Kabal, Cyrax, Sektor, Shang Tsung... the old stances were original and just awesome imo... :(

Sub's new stance is plain and the most boring so far imo...
I'm overall pretty satisfied with the stances so far. Um, I do have too respectfully disagree on Sub-Zero's stance. I actually am quite fond of it. I'ts has a look like Younger Subby'z Shotokan stance in mkda-mka. Even though is it the Elder Sub-Zero, I think this fighting stance suits him pretty well.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'm overall pretty satisfied with the stances so far. Um, I do have too respectfully disagree on Sub-Zero's stance. I actually am quite fond of it. I'ts has a look like Younger Subby'z Shotokan stance in mkda-mka. Even though is it the Elder Sub-Zero, I think this fighting stance suits him pretty well.
And after a closer look... NW's stance is very similar to to UMK stance... only alittle more subtle. :)