What's new

MK 11: Ketchup vs. Mustard Exhibition Matches Stream Archive (Jan. 17)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Bumpin' this as I think it's the most representative of anything so far.

Featured:

Ketchup vs. Mustard:
Scorpion vs. Baraka
Scorpion vs. Sub

Foxy vs. Mistuownes:
Sonya vs. Scorpion

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Sub didn’t look very interesting to me.. didn’t see any clone (rip), puddle, ice parry etc. His only freeze move was the ice ball so far

Sub didn’t look very interesting to me.. didn’t see any clone (rip), puddle, ice parry etc. His only freeze move was the ice ball so far
he uses ice axes in combos or as normal OHs. Also has the ice wall amplify off his throw? IDK it appears to be a combo ender. Also his slide utilizes ice in it.

puddle is confirmed as another special move but it wasnt part of the variation used in this match.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I keep wanting to watch it, but the commentary makes me want to commit sudoku.

Gameplay looked top notch though, at least the bits that weren't blocked by the damn camera.

Interesting though that it looks like Scorpion's spear doesn't stun meterlessly anymore. Maybe it's variation specific

BSJeebus

Future Karate Expert
Ok, I'm starting to feel it now. Those K&M matches were much more fluid than the ones I saw yesterday. I feel that this might be the "big one" eSports wise.

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Its really odd that it says finish him real quick before a brutality.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
The Ketchup and Mustard matches show how incredible this game is going to be, more than any other set imo.

They were already starting to develop the unique wakeup/oki meta that this will game will have, as well as the krushing blow meta, where players will have to really know their character's best path to optimal damage, depending on what krushing blow has already been used and what's remaining to the player.

Aside from the technical aspects, the game looks stunning. Particularly impressed with how Sub Zero's moves look it this game. Beautiful.

God I'm excited for this game

Tweedy

Noob
I said it in my status but i'll say it in here too.

This isn't a regular Baraka variation. They combined the 3 variations and added a launcher that was locked behind a gear wall. Hopefully he gets all that because he felt very incomplete at LA in comparison to other characters. I was saying he couldn't combo and that wasn't just me not finding stuff, he literally didn't have combos unless you crushing blowed specific moves.

Edit: The only meterburn moves Baraka had at the LA reveal were adding 1% to his chop move and meterburn projectile. It makes me feel like gutted and meterburn gutted weren't meant to be locked behind gear.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I said it in my status but i'll say it in here too.

This isn't a regular Baraka variation. They combined the 3 variations and added a launcher that was locked behind a gear wall. Hopefully he gets all that because he felt very incomplete at LA in comparison to other characters. I was saying he couldn't combo and that wasn't just me not finding stuff, he literally didn't have combos unless you crushing blowed specific moves.

Edit: The only meterburn moves Baraka had at the LA reveal were adding 1% to his chop move and meterburn projectile. It makes me feel like gutted and meterburn gutted weren't meant to be locked behind gear.
Btw if there's any stuff you can think of that's missing from the Meta thread, let me know. We're just going off scraps from Twitter/Commentary/Interviews, so whatever tidbits are useful.