What's new

MK 11 Canceled in Ukraine?

AloneUA

getting over there
With whom we, people from Ukraine have to contact to know the exact reason for banning the game? Can anybody help?. There is no official information from WB anywhere and they dont respond for support requests.
At this point I think it's fair to assume they've abandoned us and simply ignoring all our inquiries. I, as well as many others, tried every communication channel possible.
What a giant middle finger to the loyal fans of the series from WB.

AloneUA

getting over there
god damn it, this is fucking ridiculous ..... any kind of MK censorhip = ultimate bulshit :mad:
I repeat. MK being banned is nothing but a rumor. Our authorities can't even ban games as it wasn't the case with a myriad of other titles. Be it something extremely violent like previous MK games, or filled with Soviet symbols like Metro Exodus, Red Alert 3 or any other game in existence.
The idea that MK11 was banned in Ukraine was spread by Russian gaming media and has no ground beneath it whatsoever as we didn't have any statements either from our government or WB.
Support from Steam and PS Store says pulling MK11 from Ukraine was the decision of a publisher and we should make our inquiries to them. But WB remain silent for almost a week now, ignoring all the tickets and requests on Twitter/Official MK11 Discord server.

AloneUA

getting over there
I got an official response from WB on Twitter:
"We have canceled the release of Mortal Kombat 11 in the Ukrainian market to ensure that we are compliant with local laws within that country. Our decision may be further reviewed based on changes to the laws. We apologize for any disappointment this might have caused."
So it's official now. Due to that damned Skarlet skin we can't play MK in Ukraine at all. And, tbh, it's not like it would cause any troubles to WB as nobody in Ukraine, including our government, gives a damn about some stupid skin in a game with a red star on it. There are tons of other games that have much more than that and still, we won't be able to play MK11. I'm speechless.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
"We have canceled the release of Mortal Kombat 11 in the Ukrainian market to ensure that we are compliant with local laws within that country. Our decision may be further reviewed based on changes to the laws. We apologize for any disappointment this might have caused."
So it's official now. Due to that damned Skarlet skin we can't play MK in Ukraine at all. And, tbh, it's not like it would cause any troubles to WB as nobody in Ukraine, including our government, gives a damn about some stupid skin in a game with a red star on it. There are tons of other games that have much more than that and still, we won't be able to play MK11. I'm speechless.
You can still play the game! Only the purchase of the game is restricted now and not available in your country. You could order at Amazon Russia or just change the Region (xbox only, ps4 does work different - new account needed) and download it from a different store (works like a charm, my xbox is set to USA and I buy all my games on the us-store while living in Germany)

Edit: It´s still a very bad move by WB handling the situation like that!!!

Viduk

Noob
So, is it still only rumor that MK11 is banned in Japan and Ukraine?

Viduk

Noob
It´s not banned, WB canceled the release. There is a difference

Don´t know anything about the Japan rumor
Really?? If WB would release the game in Ukraine, not only that the game would be immediately banned by Ukraine govermnent but they would be also sued for breaking their laws.

Viduk

Noob
Now that we have an official statement, no, it's not just a rumor. Having troubles understanding that?
You were the one, who didn't believe me, when i said that MK11 is banned in Japan and Ukraine. I have informations from 1st hand

AloneUA

getting over there
Really?? If WB would release the game in Ukraine, not only that the game would be immediately banned by Ukraine govermnent but they would be also sued for breaking their laws.
Really? Oh yeah, I've heard something like that. Metro Exodus was banned, all the developers jailed and 4A Games went bankrupt from fines. Or maybe it didn't happen cause our decommunization law does not apply to fictional works of art?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
can you import the game from other european countries ? MK9 had this shit situation regarding Australia, and in that time, a lot of australian fans just fooleed and dodged the fucking stupid censorship system, buyin from Amazon and others places, and so, we had australians playin the game, no matter what .... ;)

or just try the local blackmarket , hehe .... :p

AloneUA

getting over there
can you import the game from other european countries ? MK9 had this shit situation regarding Australia, and in that time, a lot of australian fans just fooleed and dodged the fucking stupid censorship system, buyin from Amazon and others places, and so, we had australians playin the game, no matter what .... ;)

or just try the local blackmarket , hehe .... :p
It's gonna be costly to order the physical copy from Europe, so I'd have to resort to using my American account and some gift cards from G2A. It's even gonna be cheaper than the official price in Ukraine, lul

Pizza

Thrill Kill
What the hell??

Is it really because of the Skarlet skin? Unbeliavable.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
For what it's worth, it's not hard to get around this kind of thing.

Make a new bullshit PSN account (you only need to use it one time), use any non-Ukrainian address. Buy yourself a digital PSN card for whatever country you said you were from (through Amazon, G2A, etc). Buy the game, download it. After that, you no longer need your bullshit PSN account and can sign back into your normal one amd launch the game. You only need to fool PSN once, to access another country's PS Store.

gitblame

Noob
Yeah. It's bad but you can get around this. Since MK11 does not have region lock, change your region, purchase it online and play like nothing happen. It's super inconvinient but if you want to play as fast as possible it's probably the only way around.

If you can try to get attention around this case and try to reach media? Of course I don't know details about laws in your country but clearly the publisher is afraid that publishing this game in your country can have legal consquences. Maybe letter of this law is super vague and they need lawyers to take closer look? Maybe if this went to te media and some of your goverment officials would assure that games are not target of this law it would help get this done more quickly?

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Yeah. It's bad but you can get around this. Since MK11 does not have region lock, change your region, purchase it online and play like nothing happen. It's super inconvinient but if you want to play as fast as possible it's probably the only way around.

If you can try to get attention around this case and try to reach media? Of course I don't know details about laws in your country but clearly the publisher is afraid that publishing this game in your country can have legal consquences. Maybe letter of this law is super vague and they need lawyers to take closer look? Maybe if this went to te media and some of your goverment officials would assure that games are not target of this law it would help get this done more quickly?
According to what I'm reading, it's a couple of laws baning Nazi and Communist symbols. It seems more politically oriented since it changed the names of lots of streets, cities, and the like; even some parties seem to have been disbanded for this.
So I guess these Kold War skins are into the Communist symbols category, and therefore are forbidden by the law.

AloneUA

getting over there
I wanna take a moment to thank WB for looking out for me and saving my money. And no, I'm not boycotting the game. It just turns out that by buying the game using gift cards and my fake US PSN account I can save around 30$ on Premium Edition when compared to the Ukrainian price. Thanks, guys!

Korvin

Noob
I think they canceled digital copy on PS Store , but i have friends in Gamestore , they are saying every big gaming shop gonna get CD , so yeah. Maybe not everything lost :)