What's new

Mirrors and smoke

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ok, this thread is dedicated to dd3. Here are the few things I've come up with;

MIXUPS:

Dive kick mixup; you can make dive kick either cross up or not cross up depending on which clone you pick. This mixup is basically unseeable and leads into vortex;

(Air) db3 (MB), 223~bf3 (MB), ji2, etativel cancel 2

F3 mixup. F3 can be made to either cross up or not cross up (pick either the closest or middle clone). Also lead into vortex.

f3, ji2, 223~bf3 (MB), ji2, etativel cancel 2

ji1 mixup; like dive kick this is an ambiguous jump in attack which will either cross up or not cross up. From the jump 1 you can get vortex;

ji1, 112~bf1 (MB), b3, ji2, 223~bf3 (MB), ji2, etativel cancel 2

SETUPS:

After f21 you can setup dd3 but they can dash away, MB b3. Basically it provides you with enough stun to get half way through dd3.

223 dd3 is a nice setup. Can be teched and doesn't avoid wake ups. However you can MB f3 for the SETUPS above to stuff wake ups.

NOTES:

Your position in the illusion does not change if you switch sides either via teleport or by jumping etc. That is to say, if you select the back illusion (the one furthest from your opponent) and teleport behind your opponent, you will now be the front illusion (the one closest to the opponent)

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I've been doing... F2,1~illusion spell then i choose the in the middle or the last illusion... I jump to them... If i choose the in the middle one it will hit in front, if i choose the last it will crossup

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I've been doing... F2,1~illusion spell then i choose the in the middle or the last illusion... I jump to them... If i choose the in the middle one it will hit in front, if i choose the last it will crossup
I like the setup :)

But when I try and do crossover j2, it whiffs half the time. I am testing against batgirl though so there's the small hitbox issue.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
When you say last one, do you mean the one farthest from the opponent? How does that cross up?

which characters are you guys using f2,1 ~ illusion on? its unsafe against superman and green lantern for sure. it says f2,1 has 19 frames of advantage on hit, but illusion has 30 frames of startup, so cant they just run away or in a lot of cases hit you right in the face before you can do anything?

I am confused lol

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
which characters are you guys using f2,1 ~ illusion on? its unsafe against superman and green lantern for sure. it says f2,1 has 19 frames of advantage on hit, but illusion has 30 frames of startup, so cant they just run away or in a lot of cases hit you right in the face before you can do anything?

I am confused lol
Oh, it's not guaranteed, by any means. Should have made that clearer sorry. You can also teleport away and do it to give you some more room.

Oh, it's not guaranteed, by any means. Should have made that clearer sorry. You can also teleport away and do it to give you some more room.

ending combos in 223~dd3 seems like a good setup. they can throw out a wakeup attack but its still on them to guess what you are doing. you are much safer too

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
ending combos in 223~dd3 seems like a good setup. they can throw out a wakeup attack but its still on them to guess what you are doing. you are much safer too
It's nice, but you sacrifice a vortex attempt/combo extension for that setup :(

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

if the opponent tech rolls they recover before zatanna recovers from smoke and mirrors.