What's new

Mileena's Promiscuity

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
When a girl is sexually active she is a slut and when a guy dose it he is a stud. It is an aspect of sexism that still is all over the place. Chaste girls are pure and good, sluts are evil. It is changing but very slowly.

Ha, this shows my age: I don't know what waifu'd means :(.
waifu is a Japanese word incorrectly used by westerners.

A "Waifu" is a term for the focus of someone obsessed with Anime. You know like those people that have life size anime pillows that they sleep with.. that kind of thing. So the word waifu is u sally used to describe sexy or romantic anime characters that people unhealthily obsess over.

The funny thing is that "waifu" describes a male character people are in love with, not female. That is the joke which people in Japan find hilarious. All the people that talk about waifus are usually talking about women but are actually saying a word that describes a male anime charicter.

Still language is fluid and it is such a popular misconception that the meaning of the word has changed over the years to be uni-sex so to describe unhealthy sexual fandom to male or female characters. In the same way 99% of people use the word trope incorrectly, so much so that when you incorrectly use the word trope, people know what you mean anyway.

Still I always find it kinda funny all these posts you see on youtube talking about "waifu" this and that..

@HeavyNorse That's true about her klassic Fatality, however for me at least, there's still nostalgia to it.

@Jynks Thanks for explaining man. I guess being older, and with few friends into anime, it makes sense that I don't know what that is.

In terms of this:
When a girl is sexually active she is a slut and when a guy dose it he is a stud. It is an aspect of sexism that still is all over the place. Chaste girls are pure and good, sluts are evil. It is changing but very slowly.
I agree. I've often said that if a man sleeps with a dozen women, he's a hero. If a woman sleeps with a dozen men, she's a whore, which is very similar to your quote.

There are other contrasts too, including things women can do that men can't. Our species...

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I agree @Jynks Yes it is a cruel double standard when it comes to sexuality, but Mileena does appear to be playing up a lot of female character tropes. I do like how they gave Mileena a lot more of an edge for MKX though.

I’m excited to see how Kitana changes the most though, last I remember she was still a revenant alongside Liu Kang.

And I’m not really a weeb I just say that word cause everyone else does now. /shrug

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think she uses her body as a means to getting what she wants(like real women sometimes lol) the face thing, people don't know til she takes off the mask but I do love how they gave her a more realistic mouth so she can speak properly than her older design. I dig the lips but I definitely think she uses deception as one of her weapons. No pun intended lol.

I do hate how people from both sides people in love with fictional characters and feminazis act with characters like Mileena. Her tits are too big, not big enough etc who cares? lol. She's fake, if she has 3 boobies and a wormy thing that lives in her belly button does it really matter? I just can't stand those PC people, they ruin games. But anyway, her intros imply she's flirty but that doesn't necessarily mean slutty per-se. I think in the canon she's really only slept with Reiko that we know of, in the new timeline. Older possibly Baraka since they seemed close but not 100% confirmed. I also wouldn't be surprised if she banged Shao Kahn at some point since he made her, IDK why but she seemed like the type to do "anything for daddy" lol. Just a possibility but not confirmed Just the way she spoke about Shao Kahn as oppose to Kitana who despised him. I also recall her being involved with Goro to a degree but I believe if she slept with him it was for power moving up in the ranks and for her personal agenda.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I think it implied she might have played Goro in the comics too? Been a long time since I read them myself though.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Repost from another thread:
Why would Goro, the honourable and fierce prince of the Shokan, sleep with a dog-faced woman? Mileena would be beneath him (and I don't mean that sexually). He can take the throne without having to sleep with her.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol I don't think Goro has many options now days, at least he got some from a hybrid freak haha. This topic haha.