What's new

mileena moves with armor?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
ok,

so i know a correctly done wake up roll and on wake up telekick have the whole invincible frames wake up thing going on for them,
but does mileena have any other armor (be it projectile or strike) or any other invincible frames info besides that? be it on wakeup or ex?

thanks

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
d4 is becoming full screen overhead and low pop up combo starter that gets 50% chip w super armor that builds 1 meter of bar per d4 on block

wakeup teleport can be stuffed by smoke bombs and even certain pokes.

wakeup roll can be stuffed by low starters or spin.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ

I'm pretty sure besides armor moves and a move that would TC etc you don't have moves like low starters which will just stuff a wakeup. You can't stuff roll and telekick easily, she's still invincible for 8 frames if its timed perfectly and to stuff it you have to hit her in the other vulnerable start up frames. So unless its a full screen roll then I don't think your gonna be easily stuffing her wakeup.

1man3letters

im aware smoke ball beats mileenas wake up
but as said above if done as "perfect" wake up attack it has those 8 frames
so anyone for any more info?

1man3letters

@ zeroeffect, thanks man :)

@ IniquityDM , i was not asking about a buff or anything, just out of what she has now, asking if there was any not widely known info

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Her wake ups are very good anyway. She does not need armour. And only a few attacks can stuff her wake ups. Its not a strategy everyone abuses.

Evrain

Noob
Her wake ups are very good anyway. She does not need armour. And only a few attacks can stuff her wake ups. Its not a strategy everyone abuses.
This. Never really felt that Mileena needs a special with armour. Having a fast special and with armour would make it too much. One Reptile I played in particular tho anticipated my wake up roll with elbow dash (which seems to take precedence over roll). Havn't really came across any other attack except that particular reptile that has stuffed my wake ups, only block does that.

Havn't really came across any other attack except that particular reptile that has stuffed my wake ups, only block does that.
Lol, just have Raiden or smoke whiff strings in front of her on wakeup. one of those kicks will beat her roll.. It's pretty damn stupid if you ask me, but whatever. It's in the game. I made a list of normals that beat roll on wakeup and regular.

On the real though, I can kinda see this armor trend being somewhat similar to Street Fighter's EX moves with their invincibility frames. Only in this case, you still take damage with armored moves.

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
Yo, what if her B2 had armor?
I wish b2 had more use. It looks cool, and sets an opponent up for a stronger BF2, which is a very interesting idea, but ultimately useless as well. Maybe they could make b2 unblockable since it's ass slow, might make it more interesting.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
I wish b2 had more use. It looks cool, and sets an opponent up for a stronger BF2, which is a very interesting idea, but ultimately useless as well. Maybe they could make b2 unblockable since it's ass slow, might make it more interesting.

One idea is to increase its damage and give it good frame advantage on block. Atm you can do roll u4 b2 or ajy situation like this such as the roll in her ur starter if b2 is delayed then they either have to block it or eat dmg. Obviously atm this is stupid because its stupidly unsqfe on block for such a slow move. If they increase the dmg and make it adv on block then people hqve to choose between taking b2 and eating some extra unscaled dmg or blocking it then bring at a disadvqntage - a bit like reptiles f3 12 reset

Well the one idea I had for it, would be to have it poison the opponent on contact. stuck in the back or stomach. Like have it take a certain amount of health every time your opponent does a special move with the sai in them. Now, before anyone says something like it'd be broken hear me out...

The drawbacks to this are, one, Mileena cannot use anymore sais, or any sai based normals, because the implanted sai would disappear. Secondly, Once your opponent's health is taken down to the last 5~10% or so, the effect no longer works. This way you can't just stick a sai in them mid-combo and force them to have no options for a comeback. The same things would apply to her F2 as well.

Using these moves mid combo would sacrifice combo damage, for the sake of the strategy. Some characters rely on specials more than others, so it might be beneficial to use this on them in the early part of the fight. And you'd also have to consider how much you need to throw sais in the matchup. If you're playing a matchup where she needs to zone, using sai impales would not be the best idea since the sais would negate its effect.