What's new

Mileena General Discussion

The problem is not the character my friend, it’s clearly you and your understanding of her.

Mixups don’t apply to just one string with overhead or low options. She doesn’t have traditional mixups, but you still can easily condition the opponent with them. And that’s only if, however, you’re good enough to understand how Mileena is supposed to be played. Which is conditioning and whiff punishing.

Watch the Viennality tourney and Dizzy played her, he got the grand finals lol.
Yep.. totally just my lack of understanding. Ex ball's foot stab hitting the wrong direction on hit and getting me blown up... totally not a bug... totally because i dont understand mileena. The delayed air 22 and strict timing... yeah, my lack of understanding. Maybe if i understood her better i'd know that strictly timed optimal combos are easier than shit you can do with your eyes closed.

Air attack bugs where she teleports to the ground, the last hit of 12 wiffing on a standing blocking opponent and getting full punished... all just totally my lack of understanding..

Selective reading in order to just conclude from nothing that i must be bad.

Sounds to me like you're getting away with easily reactable things at low rank.

Nice to see the TYM mods are still completely full of shit.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
I believe 12 whiffing on baraka is a bug. I saw someone on reddit talking about it. I would expect that to be not intended design and to be fixed.
That, her ex ball roll whiffing randomly and stabbing the ground, the air 22 bug I posted on a video above, the ball roll getting beaten by normals when it shouldn't, as well as her terrible telekick tracking, have destroyed me online. She just feels unfinished to me, hopefully she'll get a few fixes in the patch.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
That, her ex ball roll whiffing randomly and stabbing the ground, the air 22 bug I posted on a video above, the ball roll getting beaten by normals when it shouldn't, as well as her terrible telekick tracking, have destroyed me online. She just feels unfinished to me, hopefully she'll get a few fixes in the patch.
I had to switch characters for the time being just because ball roll getting stuffed by whiffed normals I'm trying to punish makes me so unreasonably angry that it shaves years off of my life. That and getting punished for trying to punish a full-screen projectile with Up Teleport because it just completely whiffs is simply bad for my health.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Mileena has a mix up : You can use her F3,4,3 that end in a overhead, or use F3,4 and cancel with low sai, that end in a low , so, a 50/50

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yep.. totally just my lack of understanding. Ex ball's foot stab hitting the wrong direction on hit and getting me blown up... totally not a bug... totally because i dont understand mileena. The delayed air 22 and strict timing... yeah, my lack of understanding. Maybe if i understood her better i'd know that strictly timed optimal combos are easier than shit you can do with your eyes closed.

Air attack bugs where she teleports to the ground, the last hit of 12 wiffing on a standing blocking opponent and getting full punished... all just totally my lack of understanding..

Selective reading in order to just conclude from nothing that i must be bad.

Sounds to me like you're getting away with easily reactable things at low rank.

Nice to see the TYM mods are still completely full of shit.
Man you gotta be kidding me with this LMFAO.

You listed everything that makes her shit when it comes to her kit and her moves, but you didn't counter argument anything that had to do with her actually gameplay when I replied to you, and then you cry about bugs in this post? Yeah she defo has bugs this game is unfinished af, but that's not what I was talking about. Downplay all you want, she's still really good. :coffee:

I play on PS5 an have only encountered the ex ball roll bug in one combo that I don't use anymore. Maybe it's worse on other platforms, but I've had no issues with her at all otherwise.

Again, she almost won the first tournament.

Last edited:

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Mileena has a mix up : You can use her F3,4,3 that end in a overhead, or use F3,4 and cancel with low sai, that end in a low , so, a 50/50
That ain't a mixup lol. If all you're getting is 10% out of it. Especially if you compare it to characters like Smoke who's normal strings are overhead-low-overhead or low-overhead and can actually lead to big combos. And on top of this, he also has specials that are low AND overhead. Now pair that with Kameos like Frost that allow his further mixups and combos, Mileena can't compete.

I had to switch characters for the time being just because ball roll getting stuffed by whiffed normals I'm trying to punish makes me so unreasonably angry that it shaves years off of my life. That and getting punished for trying to punish a full-screen projectile with Up Teleport because it just completely whiffs is simply bad for my health.
Omg they NEED to fix the ball roll. I swear I've gotten hit out of it with normals, jumpkicks, specials, name it! It can't possibly be designed to work so shit. Both that and telekicks (up and down) literally need the opponent to be standing still and not block to hit consistently.

Up teleport is plain useless outside combos IMO, cause with 31 frames startup you can't react to shit. And even if somehow you manage to get it off in time, it will rarely hit the opponent and you just get blown up. Must be the slowest and most inconsistent special in the game with how many startup and recovery frames it has.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Up teleport is plain useless outside combos IMO, cause with 31 frames startup you can't react to shit. And even if somehow you manage to get it off in time, it will rarely hit the opponent and you just get blown up. Must be the slowest and most inconsistent special in the game with how many startup and recovery frames it has.
Up tele isn't meant to be used any other way though. Down tele is to react to projectiles and it's really good for that, plus it puts you right in their face.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Up tele isn't meant to be used any other way though.
That's the thing. I think it should be personally. Since she has no full screen projectile in a game where most characters do (and if they don't they just sit back and spam Sareena projectiles), it would be nice to be able to punish those with it.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I notice a lot of Mileena/Scorpion online. Obviously, it's for the crazy damage, but I legit think Mileena/Lao might be the real sauce. That low hat gives her some of the most disgusting hard-to-blockables that I think exist in this game for 30-40%, and that's to say nothing of how easily it can annoy the opponent in neutral. It's like, "Go on. Jump the hat. Against Mileena. I dare you."
Wait what’s the sauce apart from making her stuff safe and giving her better mix? Tell a sister :cool:

nvm found it lmao.

Last edited:

projectzero00

nomnomnom
The downplaying of Mileena here as a whole is absolutely wild. She has everything she needs to win a major
Do you actually main her? Have you not encountered all the issues and bugs we've talked about here? Downplay what exactly, cause yeah she has some tools but every character in this game does and as it is now she feels very buggy and unfinished. I genuinely can't keep up with top characters like Baraka, Kenshi, Smoke, Johnny, etc.

These kids won’t listen man but I’m full of shit apparently Lol.
I dont think you're full of shit mommy. Just think she needs a couple of small buffs and lots of fixes

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Do you actually main her? Have you not encountered all the issues and bugs we've talked about here? Downplay what exactly, cause yeah she has some tools but every character in this game does and as it is now she feels very buggy and unfinished. I genuinely can't keep up with top characters like Baraka, Kenshi, Smoke, Johnny, etc.

I dont think you're full of shit mommy. Just think she needs a couple of small buffs and lots of fixes
Oh yeah I meant the other moron who clearly has no idea what he's talking about. I believe if they fix all her bugs she'll be fine, if they buff her even more she'll defo be broke broke. Pair her with Lao Kameo like Fought said and it's stupid as hell. XD labbed that shit yesterday and it's dumb dumb. Hat is low, so if you hold hat, do 12 there is no way they're blocking both overhead low at the same time. Free combo, hat only combos if you hold it but even if you rip ball roll and they block it, hat will hit them out of their punish lmfao. :cool:

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Oh really haven't labbed her with Lao yet, that does sound disgusting. I've been looking for a Kameo with a good low that she can utilise but so far Scorpion gets me great damage when I actually get in, so have stuck with him.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
The Top 5 in this game are a different breed of bullshit when it comes to the stuff they can do. Mileena isn't the only one that might feel lacking when compared to Kenshi Sento pressure, Johnny rushdown, and Baraka/Cyrax chip, but she's still very solid all around, and downright absurd with the right kameo.

Assuming the devs have plans to tone down the current Top 5, we might be one patch away from Mileena becoming one of the new top dogs, bugs and all.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Oh really haven't labbed her with Lao yet, that does sound disgusting. I've been looking for a Kameo with a good low that she can utilise but so far Scorpion gets me great damage when I actually get in, so have stuck with him.
It's indeed disgusting. Literally unblockable setup that leads to a full combo no matter what lmao.

I agree. I definitely don't think she is in the same tier as Kenshi, baraka, johnny, and Raiden. But in the tier below. Which is the best place to be imo, you would avoid the nerf bat.
Yeah she's not as crazy as them, but I still think she's up there. But I don't think any character really deserves a nerf, I think if anything they need to look at nerfing kameos first.

xRantex

Rante Inferno
Hey guys just got the game

I'm COOKING with Mileena in Kombat League lol took me a while to catch the groove of things but

I love the mix with Goro I've been using him with her and that definitely helps her mix up game even more.

Also how do you see your win/lose record?? In Kombat League

Temptress

Edenian Empress
I agree. I definitely don't think she is in the same tier as Kenshi, baraka, johnny, and Raiden. But in the tier below. Which is the best place to be imo, you would avoid the nerf bat.
Wishful thinking. They kneecapped Sonya early on in MK11 when the character wasn’t even close to top tier and then left her in the dumpster for the remainder of the game’s lifespan. NRS doesn’t have a clue.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Hey guys just got the game

I'm COOKING with Mileena in Kombat League lol took me a while to catch the groove of things but

I love the mix with Goro I've been using him with her and that definitely helps her mix up game even more.

Also how do you see your win/lose record?? In Kombat League
You can only see it when you queue for a ranked match.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Do you actually main her? Have you not encountered all the issues and bugs we've talked about here?
Yes I do. I think shes insanely good and viable. Nobody is saying shes the best or perfect. But its disappointing seeing people complain about silly things while not acknowledging she finally, finally (not since the days of mk2) has everything she needs to win a major

I also saw you asking about KL as a kameo and I truly think this is her best kameo.

KL allows a plus 2 on block super fast low which not only goes full screen, but you can hold it and teleport behind them like a Neanderthal at all.

You can even hold the hat, do F4 and let go and create an impossible to block scenario. Also you can hold the hat and just walk forward full screen as well.

You can do gimmicks like do a ball blindly, if its blocked KL can catch u and teleport u behind them

I dont think her lows are amazing so KL helps create a true mixup. You can use F34 obviously as the high overhead and now F3 back assist for a low. It hits, enjoy your combo. They block it, ur plus 2

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Yes this is a mixup but low sai is like -23 on block? Not worth dying over that

If u want 5050s I would suggest KL as I mentioned a few times in these threads. Having great overheads already and now a safe low thats plus 2 on block is chefs kiss

I been playing with sector and you can get the risk free teleport down with him too which has been nice. And of course the great oki after the F4 ender. The sonic fox combo with sector has been super fun too.

But I'll have to try kung lao soon, low hat seems pretty busted with her in theory. Is there any high level footage of this I can check out?