What's new

Mileena EX tele punish

So I have brought this up a few times, I thought I was supposed to be blocking the last hit low, then d1 dash shocker? I cannot for the life of me get this to work, I cant seem to dash and get a shocker off in time. And if that actually does work is is still viable after an air sai?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
try d1~superman.
works on both ex and normal telekicks and if blocking both low it wont matter when/if mileena does the sai or not

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
The regular telekick can be punished with 1~vb, dash shocker, 334, superman.

As far as ex-telekick, I always use d1~superman. I havent practiced d1, dash shocker much because the couple times I HAVE tried it, it seemed impossible to pull off. Maybe I should practice that more. If it comes down to being a 1 or 2 frame execution, then I'll probably just stick with d1~superman. Because the way I see it, she just used a bar of meter, and I just got 14% or so damage.

K, ill try to just do d1 superman then.
Im at work now so I cant test damage, but what % is that regular punish you said compared to my shocker f2 VB 334 superman punish?
Edit: looks like similar damage, ill just test when i get home
Also I mistime shocker to f2 in that way to much so I have been debating going back to taking a step back and doing a b312 starter.

B Pryme

Noob
Raiden is shit slow! Joe switch to Johnny block the first hit high, second hit low, down one into standing one etc into standing reset (nutpunch) easy as that. Honestly it's a pain in the ass punishing ex telly with Raiden.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I think d1, dash shocker is easier if she throws air Sai's immediately after hitting you, it leaves her higher in the air when your d1 connects or something.

If you're ready to block the ex telekick as Raiden, cant you teleport out of the 2nd hit and whiff punish her?
You can teleport out, but you can't whiff punish. She recovers too fast. She's safe, and possibly at advantage after your teleport

D

Deleted member 9158

I don't know Raiden that well, but I tend to run into them from time to time. D1 into superman is a pretty safe punish, at least I would think. This is just from me playing Mileena and being punished.

KRYS9984

Noob
D1 + Electrocute (shocker) is the way to go; you just need to get a hold of it through repetition. It gives you a nice sized combo and will condition Mileena not to throw out random EN Teleports without the fear of consequence.

Since you are already in a crouching (must block the second hit low), all you have to do is hit 1, slide your finger forward and hit 2. The execution is quite easy and consistent.

Milenna cannot zone and pressure Raiden as effectively as some of the other characters (excluding meter / armor to evade her frame trap). He doesn't need meter to teleport out of her U+4, 4,2 frame trap and can punish her easily before she recovers from dialing in 4,2.

From experience (maining Mileena) all you have to do is turtle a

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
I really hate this move, it's pretty annoying, but I personally punish her EX Telekick~sai with Cyrax by blocking low the second part of the move and then D1~Ex Bomb for a full combo, it's a bit hard to do but it's possible. If she doesn't throw sais after the EX Telekick, you can punish more easily. Maybe you can armor out and punish with a combo with Sonya's Cartwheel Kick or another character for example...

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
D1 + Electrocute (shocker) is the way to go; you just need to get a hold of it through repetition. It gives you a nice sized combo and will condition Mileena not to throw out random EN Teleports without the fear of consequence.

Since you are already in a crouching (must block the second hit low), all you have to do is hit 1, slide your finger forward and hit 2. The execution is quite easy and consistent.

Milenna cannot zone and pressure Raiden as effectively as some of the other characters (excluding meter / armor to evade her frame trap). He doesn't need meter to teleport out of her U+4, 4,2 frame trap and can punish her easily before she recovers from dialing in 4,2.

From experience (maining Mileena) all you have to do is turtle a
Does that work with and without the sai?

KRYS9984

Noob
Does that work with and without the sai?
Correct,

The D1 will hit and link into the Electrocute regardless if she decides to throw or not throw the sai.

She has been one of my mains since launch and when I play another Mileena, I usually counter-pick with a character that has good space control, eliminates her D4 and can easily punish her telekick / EN telekick. My go-to characters for this match-up are Ermac and Kenshi; I find that Mileena cannot zone them heavily with IAS so keeping her outside jump distance is ideal. If you're patient and force her to play your game, you will be rewarded because Mileena will have to chase you and take higher risks.

Raiden is no different; if you turtle her and time your teleports right during IAS's, you can get in for a combo, block string, grab, etc... Don't throw too many Lightning projectiles because Mileena is an excellent counter-zoner; she will easily get in with a telekick (on reaction) for +31 on hit and a free blocksting which will ultimately create a guessing game on both parts (as I previously mentioned).

Ah didnt notice this thread got some legs :) ok I will try d1 shocker some more, I thought you had to d1 dash shocker but you are saying just do it.
As far as the guy mentioning anti airing when you see it start up, come on can you really reaction ex shocker when she starts it up thats pretty fast.