What's new

Combo List - Mileena Mileena Combo Thread (updated feb 2016)

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I'm sad when people are writing too much about F3 combos, while we would never be able to do them in serious, or important matches
There is a lot of them, but I think part of the reason for that is if you ever do manage to land it in matches you really do need to know what is the most optimal combo to give you the best situation in regards to damage, positioning or setups.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
^^^ Taking damn near half life, if not the max dmg 50-52% stuff, makes it worth it to have them in your arsenal. Plus, you get the HKD and oki afterwards.
I feel the F3 hits more than you think. Just have to go for it. She'll always win the low poke war for half life.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Now that I've finally kind of moved on to the 52% corner combo, here's an easy one bar combo for any new Piercing Mileena to do until they've gotten the others mastered:

f343 xx 12 xx 123 xx roll xx walk under xx u3mb xx sadistic .... its 45%. I probably could lab it out and try to get more from it but its what I started with and just want to pass on some information.
Played around with this for 10 minutes this morning and if you exchange a b12 for the 12 you'll get 20hits 47% ... may play with it more and see if I find a way to 50.

leoj89

Noob
I wish y'all combo artist would actually show the combos in your videos instead of trying to induce seizures with your video editing software. Much respect all the same.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I wish y'all combo artist would actually show the combos in your videos instead of trying to induce seizures with your video editing software. Much respect all the same.
id take wup wup wup music with crazy editing over those than in 2016 are still having jump in punches starters in combo videos, cant stand that shit lol

id take wup wup wup music with crazy editing over those than in 2016 are still having jump in punches starters in combo videos, cant stand that shit lol
The few combo vids I've made for this game, I dropped the jump in starters simply because I find them far less practical to do in MKX. I don't have an issue with people doing them though, as a jip is technically a legit starter; if impractical.

Here's a question: The beta changes, so far how much have they affected Mileena's kombos? Any major revisions coming?

The reason I ask is because I play the PC version, and odds are I won't see any balance changes for a while if at all, and I'm curious if this list will remain relevant to me.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Here's a question: The beta changes, so far how much have they affected Mileena's kombos? Any major revisions coming?

The reason I ask is because I play the PC version, and odds are I won't see any balance changes for a while if at all, and I'm curious if this list will remain relevant to me.
main thing seems to be the ability to combo from a raw iasai way way easier than before.
any of the stuff in list still works in beta and for same damage

JerzeyReign

One thing I've seen the AI do on the display mode is extend a combo with d4 into roll. I don't remember the full combo but I haven't seen any Mileena do anything of that nature. Anyone have anything like that?

JerzeyReign

Some training room swag (I don't really try this in real matches for comfort reasons):

f343 b1 b1 roll b21 2+4 .... its 39% meterless ... I normally settle for the 37 banger but just in case anyone is add the saucing on their opponents stage haha.

Corner: f343, 123, 123~roll, run under d2, 4~low pounce extended - 46%

My thumbs are taking a break from trying to get the second 123 in time before they hit the ground. Any advice on timing or technique would be much appreciated.

Anyone have examples of multiple IAS combos? I was doing combos with 2 IAS before the recovery was reduced, so I have to imagine there are combos where you can do like 4 or 5 like LK can.

TheGabStandard

Anyone have examples of multiple IAS combos? I was doing combos with 2 IAS before the recovery was reduced, so I have to imagine there are combos where you can do like 4 or 5 like LK can.
I haven't looked into but at the same time I haven't really played the game much since XL launched

So I'm barely noticing that regular ground sai got 3 frames less recovery. Mileena gets flashy midscreen sai combos, but most I'm finding are hard to extend. Only good one is, F1, 4 xx Sai xx B2, 2 xx Roll xrunx 4, U3, 1+2 (32%) and even that is really impractical.

TheGabStandard

Is the jump 4 still possible since the latest patch? I'm having a raging hard time landing it. Not that that means it's impossible, of course.
Another variant of a 54% in Ravenous, might be easier for but then it might not.

F343, MBU3, 2, D1, 4 xx Roll, walk out, D2, 4 xx Roll, 21 xx Low Pounce

Don't do it it's too hard and close to impossible on females. Do the 51% instead
Yeah, it's not one I'd attempt outside of practice but I still wish I could for the swag factor alone. 51% is a perfectly respectable chunk of damage, too. Thanks for the advice.

Another variant of a 54% in Ravenous, might be easier for but then it might not.

F343, MBU3, 2, D1, 4 xx Roll, walk out, D2, 4 xx Roll, 21 xx Low Pounce
Thanks, I'll try it out when I get home tonight. I have been doing something similar but w/ 4 instead of the 21 before the low pounce so I should be able to handle it. Out of curiosity why do we end w/ low pounce vs. high pounce? I believe this was discussed somewhere in the thread but I can't find it now. I feel like there's more time w/ high pounce to do the stabby stabby than to do the arm break after low pounce, but I could be imagining it. Aesthetically I do prefer the low pounce combo, though.