What's new

Combo List - Mileena Mileena Combo Thread (updated feb 2016)

Premonitionist

Call Me Premo - Mileena, D'Vorah, Cassie, Kitana.
The clips that i record in practice mode arent available. Is there a different way to record them?
Oh I think I know what you mean, On Xbox One if you double tap the home button and push X it records and puts them in upload studio.

Premonitionist

Here's some Ethernal love since that's not getting to much attention right now. Just some mix-ups and shenanigans I've been screwing around with. F+3...F+3,4...1,2...and 1,2,3, are all neutral / +1 on block so it can lead to some interesting block strings and mix ups.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Here's some Ethernal love since that's not getting to much attention right now. Just some mix-ups and shenanigans I've been screwing around with. F+3...F+3,4...1,2...and 1,2,3, are all neutral / +1 on block so it can lead to some interesting block strings and mix ups.

That's some good stuff, liking the mix ups after teleport as well. I put up some combos a few pages back with a couple of teleports scenarios as a concept idea that I'm working on. Feel free to have a look and see if they are viable

Last edited:
I posted somewhere too.. if you use f12 or f12b4 and cancel into forward teleport you can sort of pressure like that since it looks like you're gonna go bwhind the opponent but the knockback makea you come out in front.

Also f4 is -29, but not if you cancel with a back teleport, or dd2 for wiff punishing.

Primo_585

"Elder Gods Damn You!!"
What's up people? Can you guys explain two things about Mileena for me?

1.) what exactly is Instant Air Sais? Is it just jumping and getting off a sai all in one motion or something else?

2.) what is U3? I'm assuming it is Up+kick at the same time but is it anti-air, etc? And how do tou MB it?

I use Piercing variation and I see that some people think it's great for footsies? What is her best footsies to use? Quick punches, kicks, sais... Let me know please looking to get better and better with her!!!

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I posted somewhere too.. if you use f12 or f12b4 and cancel into forward teleport you can sort of pressure like that since it looks like you're gonna go bwhind the opponent but the knockback makes you come out in front.

Also f4 is -29, but not if you cancel with a back teleport, or dd2 for wiff punishing.
I remember that post. It was something I was gonna look at today but forgot. The F4 thing us nice but can you get grabbed out of the teleport or is it quick enough to dodge.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Hey so whats possible off a naked EX roll? The distance it moves you is quite a bit further out than regular roll so the normal b3, tpkick airsai stuff then followups doesn't seem to work as normal, regardless of spacing it(of my testing currently).

Best I got so far with piercing is ex roll, dash under, njp, b21 2+4 for 27% and surely it can be better than that.

Premonitionist

Hey so whats possible off a naked EX roll? The distance it moves you is quite a bit further out than regular roll so the normal b3, tpkick airsai stuff then followups doesn't seem to work as normal, regardless of spacing it(of my testing currently).

Best I got so far with piercing is ex roll, dash under, njp, b21 2+4 for 27% and surely it can be better than that.
That's literally what I have written a few post back and it's the best I have as well, lol. I tried different things and none are practical, that's probably the best there is. Won't hurt to keep trying though.

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
My assessment of Mileena's Piercing variation combos.

b21 ender: Her b21 ender connects better with a NJ punch (example after a roll).

b12 ender: It connects better then a b21 after a b3 xx TK xx sai blast. The b12 stretches out further.

f34 df1 or df3 ender: This is your easiest to time and land ender, the ender you do if you absolutely haft to get that damage in.

So if you choose to NJ punch to a b21 your success rate is high, but you won't do as much damage (pending) as a b3 xx TK xx sai blast to b12 ender (again, pending).

A lot has been covered in 10 pages of this thread with all the variations. I know I have learned a lot, this thread is epic. I have been so busy lately that their is no way I would have covered what I have without this thread. I didn't play MKX until around 9 pm the day after it was released (and trust me, I wanted to play).

So really, thank you all for helping me speed my productivity with the Mileena. I know I have missed some people's combo inputs, but trust me when I say, I have been busy and mostly on my phone.

Here is a montage I through together of all her Piercing Starters that I personally will be using Online, and in Offline Tournaments or Casuals. They are all mid no meter Piercing combos.

Vol

Noob

b21 ender: Her b21 ender connects better with a NJ punch (example after a roll).

b12 ender: It connects better then a b21 after a b3 xx TK xx sai blast. The b12 stretches out further.

f34 df1 or df3 ender: This is your easiest to time and land ender, the ender you do if you absolutely haft to get that damage in.

So if you choose to NJ punch to a b21 your success rate is high, but you won't do as much damage (pending) as a b3 xx TK xx sai blast to b12 ender (again, pending).

A lot has been covered in 10 pages of this thread with all the variations. I know I have learned a lot, this thread is epic. I have been so busy lately that their is no way I would have covered what I have without this thread. I didn't play MKX until around 9 pm the day after it was released (and trust me, I wanted to play).

So really, thank you all for helping me speed my productivity with the Mileena. I know I have missed some people's combo inputs, but trust me when I say, I have been busy and mostly on my phone.

Here is a montage I through together of all her Piercing Starters that I personally will be using Online, and in Offline Tournaments or Casuals. They are all mid no meter Piercing combos.

To be honest I've choosen exactly the same combos to master. Great execution though, I'm whiffing 80% of my input right now :(

What about Insta Air Sais? Are they viable or neccesary option to use in competitive gameplay? Can you write the input for IAS, as I'm struggling to get i right in MKX;/

And as somebody mentioned above in MKX you can't mash your input, it have to be precise. In MK9 i could do anything inbetween buffered input and continue string. Right now im struggling to get b+3 xx telekick xx airsai. I can mash "b+3 and telekick" with constant "3" mashing and just changing arrows, but then air sai won't work.

Premonitionist

Yea a ton of combos and tech in this thread already, I love it, and your video.

Also I'm sure most of you know this by now but Mileena's fastest punish is her Ball Roll which comes out in 7 frames on a reversal, meaning you can punish moves that are -8 on block or worse (give or take a few frames because I don't think all the In game frame data is right). So I put together a little video showcasing some Ball Roll Punishes on Liu Kang's F+1,2 (which states that it's -8 on block in game) for all variations.

Inputs

Ravenous
31% - Ball Roll,B+3,Tele-Kick,Air Sai,F+2,3,Low Pounce chain grab or High Pounce chain grab.

Piercing
29% - Ball Roll,B+3,Tele-Kick,Air Sai,B+1,2,1+3,DD+2.

Ethernal
23% - Ball Roll,B+3,Tele-Kick,Air Sai,F+2,3,Fade Towards or Fade Away.

All Variations
27% - Ball Roll,B+3,Tele-Kick,Air Sai,Walk Forward,D+2.

26% - Ball Roll,B+3,Tele-Kick,Air Sai,F+2,3,Sai or Ball Roll.

Also just because a move is -8 on block doesn't mean these will all work because in some cases they're too far away for the Ball Roll to hit on the 7 frame.

Mileena Army Unite! lol seriously though this thread is awesome.

Try a run cancel after the air sai into b12 1+3 or b21 2+4.

Ex roll doesnt yield a more damaging combo that regular roll because unlike mk9, you cant use a regular roll and continue a juggle after doing one. Im fine with this though. The armor makes up for it.