What's new

Mileena as DLC. How would you feel?

Butthurt people who get their favourite character in every other game amuse the fuck out of me.

13 year old me fired up Deadly Alliance for the first time and immediately gravitated towards Drahmin. He was the first character I worked towards unlocking. His cloth alt with the pauldrons and the shrunken head was sooo sick. Imagine my surprise when I start using the internet regularly and find MK fan forums and discover that the character is universally despised by fans and the creators and doomed to never appear again.

Guess what? I don't cry about it. I can fire up Deadly Alliance or Armageddon any time I want. You can quite literally fire up MKX and play an excellent version of Mileena.

NRS OWES YOU NOTHING.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Butthurt people who get their favourite character in every other game amuse the fuck out of me.

13 year old me fired up Deadly Alliance for the first time and immediately gravitated towards Drahmin. He was the first character I worked towards unlocking. His cloth alt with the pauldrons and the shrunken head was sooo sick. Imagine my surprise when I start using the internet regularly and find MK fan forums and discover that the character is universally despised by fans and the creators and doomed to never appear again.

Guess what? I don't cry about it. I can fire up Deadly Alliance or Armageddon any time I want. You can quite literally fire up MKX and play an excellent version of Mileena.

NRS OWES YOU NOTHING.
You're right.

And you have Havik as your avatar. I'm a big fan of Hotaru, so I understand how you feel about some characters from the 3D era! At least Havik appeared in the MKX comics...

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Seems like a recent trend to switch out Mileena and Jade in every game. Both were in MK9 while Jade wasn't in MKX and now Mileena isn't in MK11. Mark my words, Jade won't be in MK12 while Mileena likely will. Of course Kitana and Sonya will return just because...

And I have taken a look at recent polls. Whenever Mileena and Kitana are pit against each other, the former typically beats the latter.
No, Kitana is way more popular. Sorry, please check your facts.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I feel like Mileena should be in the main Roster, Kitana and her are like the equivalent of Scorpion and Sub-Zero when it comes to popularity, I think Mileena as a DLC is unlikely since they gave Kitana some Mileena's moves. Mileena is my favorite female character but I'll be alright if she doesn't make it and the truth is I wasn't even planning on playing her unless NRS redesigned her playstyle.
I think we are going to get some story mode Mileena and Kitana exchange. Either an explanation of how Kitana got the throne and Sai's or maybe her opening a funeral for her late sister or maybe some timeline appearance by Mileena? Feuds, friendships I'm stoked to see what's coming!

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
guys let's be honest. Do you guys really think kitana having a sai will stop them from making mileena dlc. Especially if we get another kombat pack. Mileena dlc would fucking print money

I think we are going to get some story mode Mileena and Kitana exchange. Either an explanation of how Kitana got the throne and Sai's or maybe her opening a funeral for her late sister or maybe some timeline appearance by Mileena? Feuds, friendships I'm stoked to see what's coming!
I think adding sais to Kitana was last minute decision to say "fuck you" to mileena fans.

Maybe she was planned for dlc at first and it was scrapped because they get pissed or something like this.

Mileena don't belong in mortal kombat for them. They treated Noob Saibot as dirt and now it is Mileena turn, only this time, it worse, she is not even mobile mortal kombat exlusivecharacter or had any promotion platform for years.

This is it

If there is a huge demand, of course but I doubt she will be ready in season 1.

Money talks (how they made Movie Shang Tsung as dlc and how they will make Rain as DLC)

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I dunno man, maybe because NRS didn't want to put her in the game?

Or if you want a canonical explanation, D'Vorah ate her face and Kronika was like "woah nah, I need to bring back strong warriors from the past, not this lame ass".

Take your pick.
To be fair, Kronika does appear to bring back all the warriors that couldn’t even take out Sindel with their combined powers lol

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
View attachment 15107
I dont know how to do spoiler tag sry. PROBLY FAKE!!!
No doubt it's fake. NRS is about as leak-proof as a spaghetti strainer, so if this was legit, we'd have already had it data mined way before pictures started cropping up. That, and even for a presumably early build, the model looks too off for me to buy it. At this point, I'm still of the mindset that Mileena in this game is a pipe dream.

xKMMx

Banned
I have never liked her and she is a pain in the ass to play against in every game so I don't care if she never comes back again.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I'll never understand the 'if X character isn't in the base roster, I don't want X character as DLC' mentality. If I like a particular character, I want him or her in the game. Don't care if he / she will be in the base roster or DLC. I just want to play as him / her.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm

NRS OWES YOU NOTHING.
While I get what you're saying, I don't really agree. Playing Deadly Alliance/Deception is a completely different experience from MKX or 11. I want to experience Drahmin, Hsu Hao, Havik, Mavado and Moloch in THIS era. With 11's visuals and gameplay. I do agree however, that characters who were in MKX do not really need to be in MK11, which isn't as different and not so much time has passed. Mileena, Ermac, Reptile, Ferra/Torr, Tanya, Takeda, Kung Jin and the rest MKX veterans can afford to take a game off and have us experience older characters who haven't been playable since forever.

Plus, it will further differentiate the roster of MK11 from the one of MKX, giving us more reason to play the previous entry (which isn't old enough to be obsolete).