What's new

Midwest Championships (Original) 2011 - June 24-26, NASHVILLE, TN - Featuring MK9!

blinky

Noob
MWC (Original) 2011 - June 24-26, NASHVILLE, TN - Featuring MK9 and SBO qualifiers!

(info copy/pasted from the original thread on SRK)

NOW HOSTING SUPER BATTLE OPERA OFFICIAL US QUALIFIER for :
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Arcade

June 24th-26th Fri/Sat/Sun Nashville, TN !

This is the original and longest running major Street Fighter tournament in the nation and will be held in Nashville, TN for the first time ever June 24-26, 2011!

Where:
Hickory Hollow Mall
5252 Hickory Hollow Parkway
Antioch, TN 37013
615 731 1500
(somewhere in the mall run by Game Galaxy arcade)

Official Schedule/Rules:

$20 cover charge to ENTER your first tournament! For example, if you only want to enter SSF4AE cost would be $30, $20 cover and $10 entry) If you wanted to enter MVC3 and SSFAE it would be $40, $20 cover and $10 entry on each game)

THE EXCEPTION to the cover is Super Turbo. $50 covers the tournament AND cover charge if you enter Super Turbo. There is no additional fee. It is $50 per ST tournament.

(10% of each tournament will go towards helping the Super Turbo winners reach Japan and REPRESENT THE US!) $500 for each player will be distributed for this effort.

June 24-Friday
5:30 pm-SIGNUPS for MK9
6pm-Mortal Kombat 9 tournament (XBOX 360)

June 25-Saturday
11am-SIGNUPS for ANY TOURNAMENTS on SATURDAY, but you CAN sign up 30 minutes PRIOR to each tournament

12PM-SUPER STREET FIGHTER II TURBO ARCADE TOURNAMENTS BEGIN (all 3 of these will run concurrently until we have finalized a team of 3 winners for each SINGLES tournament)

1pm-SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV Arcade Edition (XBOX 360) TOURNAMENT BEGINS (top 8 qualify for Sunday)

5pm-Marvel VS Capcom 3 (XBOX 360) TOURNAMENT BEGINS (Top 8 qualify for Sunday)
5pm-TEKKEN 6 tournament begins (PlayStation 3, 3/5 Rounds, 2/3 Games) $5 entry

June 26-Sunday ($10 cover charge for SUNDAY GAMES ONLY UNLESS YOU PAID $20 COVER for Friday/Saturday games, then there is $0 cover)
12-NOON Super Smash Bros Melee ($10 entry)
2PM-Arcana Heart 3 ($5 entry)
2PM-Blazblue CS 2 ($10 entry)
4PM-MYSTERY TOURNAMENT ($1 entry)

FINALS ON SUNDAY
1pm-Super Street Fighter IV Top 8
3pm-Marvel VS Capcom 3 Top 8

Super Street Fighter II TURBO tournament
Arcade (possibly with PlayStation controller converters again, on Japanese cabinets)
2/3 Games, 2/3 Rounds
$50 entry for EACH TOURNAMENT
THERE WILL BE 3 SEPARATE SUPER TURBO SINGLES TOURNAMENTS. each culminating with the winner qualifying for a spot on the 3 vs 3 Super Turbo National Team
Cabinet(s)
Sanwa JLF
PCB US version SPEED 2

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Tournament
XBOX 360
2/3 Games, 2/3 Rounds
$10 entry
Winners:
1st Place-60% of the entry fees
2nd Place-20% of the entry fees
3rd Place-10% of the entry fees

Marvel VS Capcom 3 Tournament
XBOX 360
2/3 Games, 2/3 Rounds
$10 entry
Winners:

Mortal Kombat 9 Tournament
$5 entry
XBOX 360 (PlayStation controller users BRING A CONVERTER)
2/3 Games, 2/3 Rounds

Anything else noted will be updated in the SRK thread and here. It is possible we may run Tekken 6 (PS3) but as of right now this is all we have scheduled. Stay tuned for more info soon.

Flight/Hotel
Airports:
Really, the only airport for the city is Nashville International Airport BNA. Their website with flight info is here:

Nashville International Airport - BNA

Hotels:
Antioch Quarters Inn and Suites
1100 Bell Road, Antioch, Tennessee 37013
Toll Free: 1-877-731-5990 Phone: 615-731-5990 Fax: 615-324-2240
Nashville Tennessee � Nashville Travel Hotel

Holiday Inn Nashville - The Crossings
201 CROSSINGS PLACE
NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE 37013
Hotel Front Desk:
Holiday Inn NASHVILLE Hotels | NASHVILLE-THE CROSSINGS | Overview

Hampton Inn
210 Crossings Place, Antioch, Tennessee, USA 37013
Tel: 1-615-731-9911 Fax: 1-615-731-9912
Antioch Tennessee Hotels - Hampton Inn Nashville I-24 Hickory Hollow Hotel, TN

All of these are literally within minutes of the venue.

Stuff to do in Nashville/Nightlife:

Snooker's Billiards down the street from the venue. They have a bar, billiards, arcade cabs, and go-karts. Info below:

Snookers of Hickory Hollow
1015 Bell Road
Antioch, TN 37013-3105
(615) 731-5573

There is also Bailey's, a sports bar, in the same area as the venue. Good food and beer (I recommend the Pear Woodchuck), decent music, cute waitresses, pool, darts, etc. 21 and up and they do card:

Bailey's Pub & Grille
5316 Mount View Road
Antioch, TN 37013-2307
(615) 731-4999

Also, Downtown Nashville is approx. 15 minutes away. There are bars, (strip) clubs, and restaurants aplenty there. I will post up more soon on Night Life specifics.

I'll be running this tournament and MK9 will be a featured game. We will probably have some old school MK arcade tournaments as well.

Stay tuned for an announcement about a winner getting a plane ticket to EVO possibly for this tournament as well.

techn9ne

Footsies
You have quite possibly the best news of the day for me... I had to pull out of FR because of it being too far away, but nashville is only 4hrs away. Very possible I can make it to this tournament.

We are probably "not" going to have a stream just because the internet is so terrible in the mall, we tried last SBO and it didn't happen but never say never.......though one of these days I am going to be a proponent of a "paid" stream when they get to be 100% watchable...

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Considering making the 6 hour drive. It'll only be worth it if there's hella casuals. How's the casual setup situation?

blinky

Noob
Osu16Bit: From what I saw at SBO qualifiers last year, there was a lot of casuals going on. It'll probably be even bigger this year. I'll consider finding a cheap-ass TV and bringing my Dreamcast for MvC2 and Project Justice, and my N64 for WWF No Mercy - maybe a PS2 for games like 3S, and Guilty Gear.

Which by the way MWC IS LESS THAN THREE WEEKS AWAY, PEOPLE.

If you aren't at East Coast Throwdown, you best be in Nashville for this!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
ok since you know this is going to be 360 will you have it online so we get the hotfix patches?

blinky

Noob
I don't think so, typically wireless controllers are frowned upon or banned entirely because of syncing issues.

An X-Converter 360 will let you use a wired PS1/2 controller on 360, those are lagless and completely allowed.

That reminds me, I need to get one...and get my room taken care of.

Also to whoever is running this I wanted to ask if it would be ok for me to try and sell my arcade sticks while I play in this tourney. I've been trying to sell on craigslist for like 3 weeks and no luck. Thanks

wEEman33

Noob
Definitely will be there to get my butt kicked and take notes. I'm not very good, but this game is very fun to play and watch.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Good luck this weekend, Jason, blinky and crew. Wish i could be there. Wish i could be in NJ too. I need to be cloned! But seriously, good luck. Cant wait to hear about it and hopefully see some match vids.

Jason using the MK2 Jax pic on SRK is a scary thing. :invisible: