What's new

Midwest Championships (Original) 2011 - June 24-26, NASHVILLE, TN - Featuring MK

Tim Static

Adminerator
(info copy/pasted from the http://shoryuken.com/f7/mwc-2011-midwest-championships-jun-24-26-fri-sat-sun-nashville-tn-sfae-st-mk9-ssf4-261348/"]original thread on SRK[/URL])

This is the original and longest running major Street Fighter tournament in the nation and will be held in Nashville, TN for the first time ever June 24-26, 2011!

Where:
Hickory Hollow Mall
5252 Hickory Hollow Parkway
Antioch, TN 37013
615 731 1500
(somewhere in the mall run by Game Galaxy arcade)

Official Schedule:

$20 cover charge to ENTER your first tournament!

June 24-Friday
6pm-Super Street Fighter IV ARCADE EDITION tournament

June 25-Saturday
11am-SIGNUPS for ALL GAMES
12pm-SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV TOURNAMENT BEGINS (top 8 qualify for Sunday's Finals)
4pm-MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 TOURNAMENT (top 8 qualify for Sunday's Finals)
7pm-MORTAL KOMBAT 9 TOURNAMENT

June 26-Sunday
12 NOON-Signups for Super Street Fighter II Turbo ARCADE
1pm-Super Street Fighter II Arcade TOURNAMENT BEGINS
1pm-Super Street Fighter IV Top 8
3pm-Marvel VS Capcom 3 Top 8

A lot of stuff is tentative but as of right now this is what will be on the horizon for tournaments:

Super Street Fighter IV Tournament
XBOX 360
2/3 Games, 2/3 Rounds
$10 entry
Winners:
1st Place-60% of the entry fees
2nd Place-20% of the entry fees
3rd Place-10% of the entry fees

Marvel VS Capcom 3 Tournament
XBOX 360
2/3 Games, 2/3 Rounds
$10 entry
Winners:

Super Street Fighter II TURBO tournament
Arcade (possibly with PlayStation controller converters again, on Japanese cabinets)
2/3 Games, 2/3 Rounds
$20 entry

Anything else noted will be updated in this thread. It is possible we may run Tekken 6 (PS3) but as of right now this is all we have scheduled. Stay tuned for more info soon.

Flight/Hotel
Airports:
Really, the only airport for the city is Nashville International Airport BNA. Their website with flight info is here:

Nashville International Airport - BNA

Hotels:
Antioch Quarters Inn and Suites
1100 Bell Road, Antioch, Tennessee 37013
Toll Free: 1-877-731-5990 Phone: 615-731-5990 Fax: 615-324-2240
Nashville Tennessee � Nashville Travel Hotel

Holiday Inn Nashville - The Crossings
201 CROSSINGS PLACE
NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE 37013
Hotel Front Desk: 1-615-7312361
Holiday Inn NASHVILLE Hotels | NASHVILLE-THE CROSSINGS | Overview

Hampton Inn
210 Crossings Place, Antioch, Tennessee, USA 37013
Tel: 1-615-731-9911 Fax: 1-615-731-9912
Antioch Tennessee Hotels - Hampton Inn Nashville I-24 Hickory Hollow Hotel, TN

All of these are literally within minutes of the venue.

Stuff to do in Nashville/Nightlife:

Snooker's Billiards down the street from the venue. They have a bar, billiards, arcade cabs, and go-karts. Info below:

Snookers of Hickory Hollow
1015 Bell Road
Antioch, TN 37013-3105
(615) 731-5573

There is also Bailey's, a sports bar, in the same area as the venue. Good food and beer (I recommend the Pear Woodchuck), decent music, cute waitresses, pool, darts, etc. 21 and up and they do card:

Bailey's Pub & Grille
5316 Mount View Road
Antioch, TN 37013-2307
(615) 731-4999

Also, Downtown Nashville is approx. 15 minutes away. There are bars, (strip) clubs, and restaurants aplenty there. I will post up more soon on Night Life specifics.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I like how they call this "midwest" when I'm in the midwest and Brandon is over 1,000 miles east from me.

I guess from Ohio to California there is nothing...

Tim Static

Adminerator
Dreamcatcher said:
I like how they call this "midwest" when I'm in the midwest and Brandon is over 1,000 miles east from me.

I guess from Ohio to California there is nothing...
since when was Wyoming considered Midwest?

Im really psyched about the mk9 tourny. I wanted to make it to final round so bad but got pneumonia. Any word on umk3 here? Isn't this the same arcde they have mk-umk3?

edit 1/ Also just like I would have @ Final Round I'll help as mush as possible to get umk3 here as well.

edit 2/ ok this is def the arcade i chilled at when i went to nash last year, wohoo casual umk3 at least!

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
i asked dreamtr if he could runa umk3 side tourny and he said it depends on interest so, if enough people can show up we can do it up.

Looks like i lied again, lol. I just got out of surgery, found out 1 month ago that this mole on my neck was malignant melanoma. Had surgery yesterday, now i have 35 stiches and a drainage tube in my neck......sucks balls. But there wasnt any cancer is my lymphnodes. Maybe the next tiruny i can make :(

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
well it was fun,i tied for 5th..... i think there was 17 entrants for mk. lost to raiden BLAH. there were seriously all raiden players there......i was the only shang player....torpedo/teleport spam needs to be nerfed stat mode

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
MK9 Tourney Results:
1st-Jacob Ford (Raiden)
2nd-Damdai (Raiden)
3rd-Chris Brown (Liu Kang)
4th-Andrew from Bowling Green (Kitana/Ermac)
5th tie-Richard (Storyteller) (Raiden)
5th tie-Brandon (GoldenOreos) (Shang Tsung)