What's new

Tech Midscreen & Corner vortex (Instant NJ2 overhead combo)

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
tomorrow I'll be uploading more material about this, there are easiest setups equally harmful but require 2 , or 3 bars

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Not just damage. If you think about it, it's another mix-up. Not high/low. But if an opponent sees a jump, they may think you're trying to cross over. Or, if you cross over as part of your normal B2/ba vortex as I do for mind games, that creates another.

Just my 2 cents.

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
I know midscreen you can do jump forward instant j2, land on the other side and 111. Problem is the timing is a bit strict, you can't press the j2 too early or the 111 won't connect on the other side. But that corner combo, too crazy.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Not just damage. If you think about it, it's another mix-up. Not high/low. But if an opponent sees a jump, they may think you're trying to cross over. Or, if you cross over as part of your normal B2/ba vortex as I do for mind games, that creates another.

Just my 2 cents.
It's not gonna cross up. I don't think you can cross up with a neutral jump (have to jump forward). So essentially, yes it's only for damage. It's not really another mind game.

This looks pretty cool. Just a few questions;

- That dash forward before the neutral jump means they can d1 you no?
- Does b2d3 provide enough hit stun to allow the b2d3, dash, j2? iir it's only 30 frames advantage. Can chars with fast d2s anti-air you out of it?

Midscreen, b2 does seem to be the superior option compared to j2. If you wanna go damage off an overhead than b2u3, b2u3, ji2, f212~db2u is 36% meterless. Or you could always go with b2u3, ji2, f23~df2(MB), 212~db2u for 42%.

I still like that you are exploring all she has to offer.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
It's not gonna cross up. I don't think you can cross up with a neutral jump (have to jump forward). So essentially, yes it's only for damage. It's not really another mind game.

- Does b2d3 provide enough hit stun to allow the b2d3, dash, j2? iir it's only 30 frames advantage. Can chars with fast d2s anti-air you out of it?
It's a legit frame trap. They can't D1, d2 or backdash if you do the instant nj2. The timing is pretty strict on both the dash and the nj2 though. I like it, but I'd probably still go for b2. You can make this safe with interactables though. Actually, this is a really good interactable setup.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It's a legit frame trap. They can't D1, d2 or backdash if you do the instant nj2. The timing is pretty strict on both the dash and the nj2 though. I like it, but I'd probably still go for b2. You can make this safe with interactables though. Actually, this is a really good interactable setup.
But, if they block the j2, it's full combo punishable :(. I think I'll just stick with b2.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...

Midscreen, b2 does seem to be the superior option compared to j2. If you wanna go damage off an overhead than b2u3, b2u3, ji2, f212~db2u is 36% meterless. Or you could always go with b2u3, ji2, f23~df2(MB), 212~db2u for 42%.

I still like that you are exploring all she has to offer.
Instant nj2 into vortex is more than anything for corner (in corner is not necesary forward dash), in midscreen the the options are only two: ff, nj2 or ff, b12 and the opponent can only block, no d1s, no d2s i mean nothing but the only condition for b12 works with forward dash is a perfect ejecution time, otherwise the opponent can escape with back dash, also I'm working on another version of the vortex.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
It looks like more basic, also causes less damage but provides more time for b12 or fj2, 111.Opponent can only block, nothing more.

in this way is a little easier to combine instant j2, 111 deg222 Pan1cMode

*UPDATE: Also possible j2, d2~bola combo.

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
It looks like more basic, also causes less damage but provides more time for b12 or fj2, 111.Opponent can only block, nothing more.

in this way is a little easier to combine instant j2, 111 deg222 Pan1cMode

Wow, I never thought of using fj2 like that midscreen. Honestly, even if it's not optimal for the vortex like some people are saying, it's good to switch up how you do your vortex. It can mess with people's heads in the match.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Also I have a set-up for batman too (df1mb, instant j2, 112 / b113) but it is more easier against big hitbox characters and a little more difficult for his j2.