What's new

*** Middle TN MK9 Tournament *** (9-10-11)

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
Alright, here we go dudes, tournament time! Take the day off, demand it, request it, or bribe it.

Saturday, September 10th 2011

5252 Hickory Hollow Pkwy STE #2005
Antioch TN, 37138
Inside of HICKORY HOLLOW MALL, upstairs near the food court

Games/Time:

12pm: Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition (Xbox 360)
2pm: Street Fighter III 3rd Strike (Xbox 360 AND PS3. That's right, both systems)
5pm: Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)
7pm: Mortal Kombat 2011 (Xbox 360)

Rules:
Each game will be 2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches, and double elimination. We will be starting on time for each tournament. Please be on time.

Special rule for 3rd Strike: Be prepared to bring a PS3 and/or a 360 stick for this tournament. You WILL be asked to play on either. There is NO OFFLINE DIFFERENCE between the systems. Please remember this rule, this is important. We will not hold the tournament up for people to choose the system they want to play on.

Fees:
$5 cover, and $5 entry for each game.
Payout for each game will be 70%/20%/10%

PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!

See you guys there!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
haha golden

got to have faith

im very upset my converter didnt arrive when i paid for expedited shipping :(

however, im going to play w xbox d pad tonight to prep for it....100% not happy about using xbl dpad and probably will drop 90% combos lol but i lvoe competing and playing anyone in MK and helping the scene.

Metalic

Noob
I'll be there for sure, not positive of my controller situation, though. Anyone willing to bring along a spare controller of any sort just in case? Hell, I'd be willing to pay a "rental" fee of sorts if I had to.

Metalic

Noob
Less than 5 hours to go! Anyone around showing up early for some casuals? Plan on getting there about 5:30-6 myself.

BS3OOO

Noob
Man....i used mapquest to get the directions on my phone only to find out they led me to the wrong place. It was somewhere on hickory hill instead of hickory hollow. I tried inputting the directions again and it brought up some place out of state. Man I'm pissed! Even though it's my bday, I was looking forward to participating in my first tourney....I guess I'll have to wait. I hope the turnout is good so you can hold another one.

I Tried to make it but we ended up having to pick up my fiancée's cousin from the airport. Sorry guys. Was looking forward to it too. I really need to get my feet wet in the scene.

BS3OOO

Noob
I wanna get my feet wet too!I probably could've found my way eventually but I would've been late......and I didn't want to drive all the way out there and not be able to compete.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I ended up not being able to attend to this

Congrats to lord of the fly for traveling to tennessee and winning this tourney.

I've been told these are the top 3

1. Lord of the fly
2. Raiden
3. Metalic
4. Red djinn
5. Vicious shogun

I'm sure fly has videos to post. Next tourney I'll be there as well, my 8 month was sick :(

On a positive note I hear fly and djinn are now hanging out in nashville downtown, that's community

wEEman33

Noob
Thank you, Game Galaxy, for adding MK9 to the tournament!

I think we ended up with an 11-man bracket? Anyway, most of the dudes who showed up were quality players. Looking forward to the next one!

Antioch's about an hour's drive for me, so stopping by for casual play is tough, but anytime there's an MK9 tournament, I'll be there.

-- Jayson

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
Yea its was

1st-Lord of the Fly
2nd-Jacob Ford
3rd-Metallic
4th-Red Djinn
5th-Goldenoreos
6th-Vicious Shogun(he had to leave due to not having a ride home.....would have prob placed top 3)

Thanks for coming out those who did. i was super rusty lol. hopefully next time we can use the asus setup and the arcade so we can get it going much faster, all in all it was fun though.

Metalic

Noob
Smaller sized tournament, but the quality was pretty top notch. Coulda put up a bit better fight VS Jacob if I had a PS2/3 pad, but d'ah well, no excuses, dude played good. Fly totally blew me up, hadn't played a REALLY good NW before so it took me the two matches to adjust alone. Talent for sure, was really nice meeting and getting in the two games with him.

I ended up not being able to attend to this

Congrats to lord of the fly for traveling to tennessee and winning this tourney.

I've been told these are the top 3

1. Lord of the fly
2. Raiden
3. Metalic
4. Red djinn
5. Vicious shogun

I'm sure fly has videos to post. Next tourney I'll be there as well, my 8 month was sick :(

On a positive note I hear fly and djinn are now hanging out in nashville downtown, that's community
Sorry to hear about the kid, man. Was looking forward to playing and meeting you. On a positive note, I might be at the ATL tournament this month - family has plans to go out that way, so we'll see.

Good games to everyone I played! and props to Game Galaxy Arcade/GoldenOreos for hosting, support is always good. Might have to make a regular appearance if it keeps up.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I had a blast guys. Thanks for hosting and I look forward to seeing your scene grow. Please come to Atlanta for our tournaments in the future guys.

Look forward to meeting/playing all of you guys again!