What's new

Mid-Tier Mayhem - Crisis Point [Real Mans Man, Our Scene Today, The Future, Kate Upton]

Did you enjoy the return of Mid-Tier Mayhem and want more episodes in the future?

• Total voters

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

WE'RE BACK JACK!
@TakeAChance and @Jimmypotato are back for yet another hour long adventure into the depths of our scene. We felt so strongly about making this episode that we literally didn't rehearse. Things get a little off the wall, but we entertain like only we can.

This weeks episode marks yet another absence from @NRF CharlieMurphy who refuses to be let loose from his girlfriends weekend clitches. In fact, word on the street is that they both have suspended themselves in cryogenic storage until the release of MKX...but in the mean time, we bring to you....

- Current attitudes within the scene
-Our growth, and non growth
-The birth of a new game and seeding
-Addressing the "Afraid to lose" principle.
- The Real Man's Man Of The Week
- Jimmy's Game (Yes, it actually gets played this week.)
-Kate Upton

Tune in, comment, and subscribe for yet another exciting installment of Mid-Tier Mayhem.

We would like to appologize to @GGA Saucy Jack for not having him on the show, and we vow that for the next one, the seat is yours.

Thank you all, and enjoy!

For Sure!

SOURCES

MP3:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/kbhi7b

Youtube:

Follow us on Twitter!

@Taken1Chance
@Jimmypotato
@CharlieMurphyx4

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
The part discussing our community was actually depressing :(

It got really good when it got to @Jimmypotato's game, though.
And of course the Kate Upton part was amazing.
It honestly wasn't ment to be depressing, I haven't gone back and listened yet, but I know we totally went off a tagent and talked about things we hadn't planned on talking about.

Next episode will be up beat happy and Kate Upton

Justice

Noob
Hahaha! Awesome show guys!

One message I'd like to put out there is that people should forward to losing. I mean, obviously you should strive to win but I feel that you learn so much more by losing. I think it's great that we have this wonderful invention called YouTube for match vids and such but it also creates a false sense of security. "If I just do this and this and this, I can't lose." Until you get in there and learn the whys of what other players are doing, you won't level up.

One of my favourite stories on this subject actually happened at the Toryuken I met you guys at. When I found out that REO was gonna be there, I begged Russell to match me with him the first round. He didn't do it but hey. But the important part of the story happened much later. I was re telling this story to some of the guys and they were like "Why the fuck would you ask to be paired up with REO?" I couldn't believe I had to explain that.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Hahaha! Awesome show guys!

One message I'd like to put out there is that people should forward to losing. I mean, obviously you should strive to win but I feel that you learn so much more by losing. I think it's great that we have this wonderful invention called YouTube for match vids and such but it also creates a false sense of security. "If I just do this and this and this, I can't lose." Until you get in there and learn the whys of what other players are doing, you won't level up.

One of my favourite stories on this subject actually happened at the Toryuken I met you guys at. When I found out that REO was gonna be there, I begged Russell to match me with him the first round. He didn't do it but hey. But the important part of the story happened much later. I was re telling this story to some of the guys and they were like "Why the fuck would you ask to be paired up with REO?" I couldn't believe I had to explain that.
I love the fact that I got to play Maxter in tournament. My nerves were shot going into it, but it was an experience I will never ever forget. It was awesome.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Around the time Tom Brady was being sympathized with for not being able to get games, I had to turn it off. Tom lives in an area filled with players and never goes to locals or even casuals gatherings, and even smashed his pad at CEO then went on the stream and talked about how disappointed he was that he “couldn’t compete”. Delusion is the only thing that is preventing him from “getting games”.

Have you guys been to any majors lately? No one is in a dour mood or suggests that things are toxic. Everyone seems to be having a good time, laughing, and playing casual games…pretty much everything that was in the “olden” days. What’s changed? I went to tournaments for both games and I have noticed almost no difference other than the top players being different, that’s about it.

The problem I keep having is that you guys are pretty much the biggest spreaders of negativity, but then push all the negative parts of the forums off on the “Hollywood” top players. Who are these poor victims, told they are scrubs and to never return again? And even better, who are these players writing them off like they are nothing (and is not P2W)?

Moreover, the rose colored look at the MK days is pretty interesting. I might be remembering poorly, but I do remember heated rivalries between West and East, a top player being called a fraud for losing (PL) and forum regulating. NOTHING has changed, except now the game “sucks”, so everyone’s super bitter. I don’t understand where you guys are coming from.

I don’t think any of these “top players” and “mean girls” that you complain about are really so untouchable; if you go to a tournament, these guys are generally running casuals, watching matches and participating in the fun. No one is being isolated, no one is being blown up, none of the fears you guys are relating are even remotely true at tournaments, so why be AFRAID to go?

Even the forums, like I don’t see what is bad. Guys like Ra Helios, who go on and on about their online sets and don’t play offline are rightfully criticized for their incorrect assumptions about matchups. Chance, you yourself were spamming the forums with the idea that Adam was whack and “The Jade of the game”, when he was broken and almost responsible for killing it. Basically people are getting ribbed for saying outlandish and goofy statements, and then everyone goes back to not caring who posts what.

It’s almost like you guys put a TON of stock into these attacks that you see as personal, when really most are just getting your goat for being silly. And every time someone calls you out on the silly goose-ery, you guys pull the mean girls card and start playing the victim. You can’t have your cake and eat it. If someone asks how Chris G can place as high as he does with Arrow when no one else can, why immediately jump to being offended? I don’t understand.

Part of being competitors is being proud, and everyone really does think they know best and gets angry when people assume they don’t. You can’t acknowledge that you want to see MM’s and things settled “IN GAME” yet at the same time discourage shit talk and rival scenes. It’s completely bass ackwards. This sounds like the rhetoric of someone who’s not going to these tournametns and seeing that nothing has changed and only view the forums and everything as super serious business.

Is the current talk bleak? Yeah, but it’s not community killing like you guys are threatening and it’s really annoying that you guys spread doom and gloom and then point the blame on all these issues that really aren’t as big as you claim.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Around the time Tom Brady was being sympathized with for not being able to get games, I had to turn it off. Tom lives in an area filled with players and never goes to locals or even casuals gatherings, and even smashed his pad at CEO then went on the stream and talked about how disappointed he was that he “couldn’t compete”. Delusion is the only thing that is preventing him from “getting games”.

Have you guys been to any majors lately? No one is in a dour mood or suggests that things are toxic. Everyone seems to be having a good time, laughing, and playing casual games…pretty much everything that was in the “olden” days. What’s changed? I went to tournaments for both games and I have noticed almost no difference other than the top players being different, that’s about it.

The problem I keep having is that you guys are pretty much the biggest spreaders of negativity, but then push all the negative parts of the forums off on the “Hollywood” top players. Who are these poor victims, told they are scrubs and to never return again? And even better, who are these players writing them off like they are nothing (and is not P2W)?

Moreover, the rose colored look at the MK days is pretty interesting. I might be remembering poorly, but I do remember heated rivalries between West and East, a top player being called a fraud for losing (PL) and forum regulating. NOTHING has changed, except now the game “sucks”, so everyone’s super bitter. I don’t understand where you guys are coming from.

I don’t think any of these “top players” and “mean girls” that you complain about are really so untouchable; if you go to a tournament, these guys are generally running casuals, watching matches and participating in the fun. No one is being isolated, no one is being blown up, none of the fears you guys are relating are even remotely true at tournaments, so why be AFRAID to go?

Even the forums, like I don’t see what is bad. Guys like Ra Helios, who go on and on about their online sets and don’t play offline are rightfully criticized for their incorrect assumptions about matchups. Chance, you yourself were spamming the forums with the idea that Adam was whack and “The Jade of the game”, when he was broken and almost responsible for killing it. Basically people are getting ribbed for saying outlandish and goofy statements, and then everyone goes back to not caring who posts what.

It’s almost like you guys put a TON of stock into these attacks that you see as personal, when really most are just getting your goat for being silly. And every time someone calls you out on the silly goose-ery, you guys pull the mean girls card and start playing the victim. You can’t have your cake and eat it. If someone asks how Chris G can place as high as he does with Arrow when no one else can, why immediately jump to being offended? I don’t understand.

Part of being competitors is being proud, and everyone really does think they know best and gets angry when people assume they don’t. You can’t acknowledge that you want to see MM’s and things settled “IN GAME” yet at the same time discourage shit talk and rival scenes. It’s completely bass ackwards. This sounds like the rhetoric of someone who’s not going to these tournametns and seeing that nothing has changed and only view the forums and everything as super serious business.

Is the current talk bleak? Yeah, but it’s not community killing like you guys are threatening and it’s really annoying that you guys spread doom and gloom and then point the blame on all these issues that really aren’t as big as you claim.
God damn.