What's new

Microsoft Respond To Concerns Over Xbox1

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I thought this was intresting, I was discussing this with some folks that are not gamers and they only have one of the consoles simply due to their kids wanting games. They are very uncomfortable with purchasing the XB1 due to the online function policy(24 check in). They don't want thier kids to have internet access, which I can understand, I have to mointor my son like a hawk when he is doing some of his learning games(www.abcya.com for those who have young children great site for them) on my laptop. They also had issues with the Kinect 2 features due to their children using the system. The only reason I am saying this is that I got to hear many of the same complaints from a parent's stance and views. Which I can understand, now my other question, lets now view this from a different perspective I know many of us have kids, do you all see any kind of concerns knowing you child may be using this system, given what you currently know about the system. Just figure its time to see this in other ways.

We all know that as parents we tend to view a subject from a far different angle, such as gaming, I will sit around and play MK9, but I won't let my son do it and when he is allowed to play video games I limit his time on the games. You see this is a demographic that would be buying these systems as Christmas gifts for the youngins which is very different crowd than us core gamers.

windsagio

Unique flower
Like I said, they don't really know. All they know is someone bought their game used and it pisses them off they didn't get what they believe they are entitled to. Its the same as the tv / movie people that hate that you and your friends can rent one copy of a movie and it will be seen by say eight people.

And you know better than experts whose livelihood depends on it. Can you hear that really loud sound? That's me eyerolling.

All of you xbone supports can't seem to answer the question. How does digital only (with the same price tag) benefit me the consumer more than a retail copy currently?

Well fine :p The answer is because I in every way prefer the digital product. It's far more convenient to me in a number of ways. Even if I didn't, it's not actually *bad* anyways... it's just different. As a PC gamer I'm already used to it, and love it.

Also I wouldn't be an xbOne 'support', rather I'm anti-hysteria. Regardless of how I feel about MS and Sony in general (read: I'm largely indifferent to both), I see one company being upfront about their plan knowing that it'd piss a number of fans off, and the other doing their normal EmotionChip style BS PR.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
And you know better than experts whose livelihood depends on it. Can you hear that really loud sound? That's me eyerolling.

Well fine :p The answer is because I in every way prefer the digital product. It's far more convenient to me in a number of ways. Even if I didn't, it's not actually *bad* anyways... it's just different. As a PC gamer I'm already used to it, and love it.

Also I wouldn't be an xbOne 'support', rather I'm anti-hysteria. Regardless of how I feel about MS and Sony in general (read: I'm largely indifferent to both), I see one company being upfront about their plan knowing that it'd piss a number of fans off, and the other doing their normal EmotionChip style BS PR.

Digital gaming is not exclusive to the xbone. Its just the only option.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Its pretty clear now really.

2 people can play at a time... if its singe player.

Online? Only one at a time.
That is why I felt the need to post. Online isn't only one at time when playing online, 2 can play at a time online multiplayer just like those 2 could play single player.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
It's got the games I want on it.

End of story.
Not according to Jared. According to him you must conform your opinion to his and buy a PS4 because that is the system he believes to be better, even though neither has been released and no one can evaluate either properly.

JaredL

Not according to Jared. According to him you must conform your opinion to his and buy a PS4 because that is the system he believes to be better, even though neither has been released and no one can evaluate either properly.

Gee, its not like their policies and specs are out or anything. And its a total mystery.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I'm sure they're monitoring you 24/7 so they can kidnap you and lock you in their rape dungeon.
No doubt. Microsoft wants to see everything we do in our homes even though they've clearly stated you can turn it off if you want. We are all going to be the victims of the peeping Tom's known as Microsoft. :rolleyes:

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
That is why I felt the need to post. Online isn't only one at time when playing online, 2 can play at a time online multiplayer just like those 2 could play single player.
Are you saying that when sharing a game I can play online at the same time the person who shares the game with me can?

JaredL

What part of policies changing, months before release date and more information to come don't you understand? You're really struggling with this.

You must be really optimistic if you think Xbone can overhaul their entire hardware, without significant cost and with the manufacturing means to do so to change their policies.

You must not have heard the interviews with Don Matric, that Mehdi guy and Major nelson where they keep saying 'they are happy with their product'.

Don Mattrick recently gave an interview where he said the Xbox One is Over delivering on value. Does that sound like langauge that is about to deliver change?

JaredL

Are you saying that when sharing a game I can play online at the same time the person who shares the game with me can?

Angry Joe clarified that and it was only offline games that can be played by 2 people. Online no.