What's new

Tech - Inferno Meterless (Simple, High Damage Combos)

Ok so first off, this is my 1st MK game I've played since the PS2 days. Loving Inferno Scorpion too. I'm coming from the Killer Instinct Community where Combo Breakers don't require resources. Short Combos with little to no room to break is how we play at the highest level. Here are my 2 combos , in my opinion, that give you the most damage without all the fancy stuff (Spears and Teleports) that can get you punished if you time it wrong.

1st Combo - 3 hits for 26% Jump+2, Minion Charge D, B1 into Uppercut D2.

2nd Combo - 7 hits for 31% Gravedigger combo 1,2,3 into Minion Grab D, B4. Walk foward. Then Jump+2 , Minion Charge D, B1, then Uppercut D2

Here are some Meterless Corner Combos off a Neutral jump that keeps your opponent against the wall for some follow up pressure.

Some Meterless (ANYWHERE) Combos up to 31%

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
IMO forcing the opponent to break is a very good idea in this game, since the wakeup game is more weaker without meter, they can be hit with meaties, or pretty much anything on a good read.

There is a good reason why Scorpion ends combos with teleports while the opponent is standing, it gives him mixup oportunity, no wakeups, and frame advantage enough to bait out attacks, the high damage potential forces the opponent's stamina to enter into the extended cooldown mode, which is when someone breaks and his stamina takes 4 real seconds to start regen, and regens pretty much slower, and in this mode, they can't backdash, and if they don't have meter you cut their options to escape in half.

Basically, every combo you do, there must be a purpose on the way you want to end it, if you do a combo just for the sake of being combo or unbreakable, you face the risk of losing that momentum, and since your opponent didn't lose the meter, the stakes are still on his favor too.

IMO forcing the opponent to break is a very good idea in this game, since the wakeup game is more weaker without meter, they can be hit with meaties, or pretty much anything on a good read.

There is a good reason why Scorpion ends combos with teleports while the opponent is standing, it gives him mixup oportunity, no wakeups, and frame advantage enough to bait out attacks, the high damage potential forces the opponent's stamina to enter into the extended cooldown mode, which is when someone breaks and his stamina takes 4 real seconds to start regen, and regens pretty much slower, and in this mode, they can't backdash, and if they don't have meter you cut their options to escape in half.

Basically, every combo you do, there must be a purpose on the way you want to end it, if you do a combo just for the sake of being combo or unbreakable, you face the risk of losing that momentum, and since your opponent didn't lose the meter, the stakes are still on his favor too.
Yea I'm starting to pay more attention to his Vortex. The way I see it is, you have to play mind games. If your opponent has the life lead and is sitting on two bars and you have zero, I need to know what is the best possible way I can Get In Safe, Do the most possible damage with what little Resources I might have. I've always played characters with no wake ups options so Blocking On Wake UP is not an issue for me. Granted Scorpion has a wake up that you can cancel out of at the cost of his Running Meter. Again, I'm trying to outplay my opponent, so by sacrificing a cancel, I wont be able to dash back and forward for 4 secs until it regenerates. The only way Im wasting my meter to break is if my opponent burns a meter to extend their combo. Or if its a really close game and then I will use it to immediately start pressuring his wake up.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Just from watching these vids I modified a lot of the combos into vortex that do close to or the same type of damage. I'm so used to MK9 scorpion that I tended to think that way. This was a good jumping off point for me to understand his meta a bit in this game and go from there.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
anyone can decipher the code dude wrote at top?
1st Combo - 3 hits for 26% Jump+2, Minion Charge D, B1 into Uppercut D2.
:u Triangle, :d:l+ Square,:dTriangle

2nd Combo - 7 hits for 31% Gravedigger combo 1,2,3 into Minion Grab D, B4. Walk foward. Then Jump+2 , Minion Charge D, B1, then Uppercut D2
Square, Triangle, X, :d:l+ O, Walk Forward, :u+ Triangle, :d:l+Square, :d+Triangle.

He still has a lot to learn, including how to write down codes.
Yea I'm starting to pay more attention to his Vortex. The way I see it is, you have to play mind games. If your opponent has the life lead and is sitting on two bars and you have zero, I need to know what is the best possible way I can Get In Safe, Do the most possible damage with what little Resources I might have. I've always played characters with no wake ups options so Blocking On Wake UP is not an issue for me. Granted Scorpion has a wake up that you can cancel out of at the cost of his Running Meter. Again, I'm trying to outplay my opponent, so by sacrificing a cancel, I wont be able to dash back and forward for 4 secs until it regenerates. The only way Im wasting my meter to break is if my opponent burns a meter to extend their combo. Or if its a really close game and then I will use it to immediately start pressuring his wake up.
In Killer Instinct breakers is part of the guessing game, here no player will break unless they really have to because they will lose meter and stamina, any mortal kombat player will want to hold those to keep himself in advantage against their opponents, so they can make your life a ruin, if you're meterless against someone who has to bars, you want to take that advantage of the bar he has, not doing unbreakable damage, because when they do since you were meterless first, now you will have stamina advantage, a little meter lead and the odds are much better for you.

I would advice you to do max meterless damages, its really not about the damage that you can do, it about how you make your job easier.

My bad but I have most of FGC background in Tekken but grew up playing SF, MK and KI as well. 1,2,3,4 is your lead punch, rear punch, front kick then rear kick. So Xbox is X, Y, A, B and PlaysStation is Square, Triangle, X, O.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
This could prove really helpful when trying to reach from mid health bar to danger zones on your opponent's life bar. Although, this would apply for characters that are confirmed to do little damage. Characters like Scorpion will do close to 50% in one shot so they will break right after the second hit given they have meter...