What's new

Question - Possessed Meterless BnB Help

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Hey guys, I can't seem to figure out or find any decent possessed bnbs that don't use meter. I know 1 bar will get me to the high 30s and early 40s, but I don't always have meter to burn. Has anyone found one yet? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I figured out one; 44 f32xxbf3. However, I could use more.

Last edited:

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
I've been maining possessed since Day 1 and have put a lot of hours in on him, it seems like possessed relies heavily on bar for combos. I consider his possessed variation more chunk damage focused. I generally focus on getting meter early game and generally don't start using meter combos unless i have at least 2.5-3 bars. D4~DF4 is a great way to keep space between you and your opponent, and when i'm still in my "meter building" phase I try to end simple strings in DB1 for the full screen it puts the opponent at. From there I ususally try to catch them with BF3 as they stand or DB4 slightly earlier to build meter. Once they start to understand the pattern it's a great way to bait out unsafe teleports/fast advancing specials.

Possessed Kenshi seems more focused on mind games than anything else. Decent combos take meter, but focus on forcing your opponent to make mistakes instead.

infamy23

FireBeard
I've been maining possessed since Day 1 and have put a lot of hours in on him, it seems like possessed relies heavily on bar for combos. I consider his possessed variation more chunk damage focused. I generally focus on getting meter early game and generally don't start using meter combos unless i have at least 2.5-3 bars. D4~DF4 is a great way to keep space between you and your opponent, and when i'm still in my "meter building" phase I try to end simple strings in DB1 for the full screen it puts the opponent at. From there I ususally try to catch them with BF3 as they stand or DB4 slightly earlier to build meter. Once they start to understand the pattern it's a great way to bait out unsafe teleports/fast advancing specials.

Possessed Kenshi seems more focused on mind games than anything else. Decent combos take meter, but focus on forcing your opponent to make mistakes instead.
I get a lot of mileage out of DB2 J2 11143~BF3 (26%)

If they block the J2, I still have advantage with D1~whatever or throw/frame trap

If they get hit by J2, I get 26% into a hard knockdown and I can go for meaty B3 or meaty D1~DB2 to start the series over again.

In my experience so far, his lack of meterless damage is made up for with his multiple hard knockdowns and ability to convert easy mix-ups into huge damage and corner carry.

Unfortunately, as this game matures, more and more people are going to become experts at D2'ing the teleport on reaction. For now though, WEEEEEEE :)

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
I get a lot of mileage out of DB2 J2 11143~BF3 (26%)

If they block the J2, I still have advantage with D1~whatever or throw/frame trap

If they get hit by J2, I get 26% into a hard knockdown and I can go for meaty B3 or meaty D1~DB2 to start the series over again.

In my experience so far, his lack of meterless damage is made up for with his multiple hard knockdowns and ability to convert easy mix-ups into huge damage and corner carry.

Unfortunately, as this game matures, more and more people are going to become experts at D2'ing the teleport on reaction. For now though, WEEEEEEE :)
Also you are absolutely not at advantage on block. If they block and do a reversal you can get full combo punished, or they could just backdash the j2. I'm not giving advice to fight scrubby people who don't know what's coming so it works, I'm giving advice that will be safe in any situation.