What's new

Tech - Shotgun Meter Gain

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Shout-out to JustinXavier21 and Rip Torn for this, plus the rest of my Jacqui crew.

Example 1) 114 starter: 29% BnB meterless combo with knock down, plus approx 14% meter gain.
Example 2) 114 starter: 24% BnB combo + 6.38% chip = 30.38% total, plus approx 53% meter gain.

Example 1) B33 starter: 40% BnB 1-bar combo with knock down, plus approx 2.22% meter gain
Example 2) B33 starter: 35% BnB 1-bar combo + 6.38% chip = 41.38% total (plus approx. 53% meter gain)

DF2 Shotgun is safe on block.

As you can see, ending with re-stand + chip damage does more damage than ending a combo with special, although not by a lot. The significance of this is all of the meter gained by the guaranteed chip.

Last edited:

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Do you think it would be wise to go for a mix up instead?
It probably depends on what situation you're in. If your opponent is good at making reads on you, I'd go for the guaranteed chip + meter gain. It's good to know all your options though. I certainly don't mind gaining a free 53% meter back.

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
This looks awesome. Good stuff! I've been messing around with Jacqui quite a bit lately, she's really fun lol. I think I might learn all 3 of her variations

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
Do yourself a favor and stick with Full Auto and Shotgun. High Tech is still a hot mess.
Haha is it really? I thought she had new run cancels with that one move where she charges her gauntlets or something, I love practicing those lol

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
Yea bro. Don't listen to him. High Tech is godlike now. Everyone should use that variation over the other two. :coffee:
Lol the smiley is throwing me off so Idk if you're trolling or not, but when I learn a character I just personally like learning all 3 variations just for the sake of knowing them :p so I will probably learn High Tech eventually, right now I'm messing around with Full Auto haha

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I need to stop being lazy and learn Shotgun.
I had to force myself to do the same. Forever I was like "FA is enough". Then after the Kanoi debacle I decided to drop him, so in search of a 2nd character I found the 2nd variation called SG!!! With FA and SG its a wrap. Once you start doing some of that stuff we talked about you'll slap yourself for not playing it sooner.

I know because the slap hurt. :DOGE

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I learned FA when the game first came out, but it's just not my play style. I really liked SG's re-stands, mindgames, etc... but pre-patch, she was just a punching bag. I'm really enjoying her now.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Shout-out to JustinXavier21 and Rip Torn for this, plus the rest of my Jacqui crew.

Example 1) 114 starter: 29% BnB meterless combo with knock down, plus approx 14% meter gain.
Example 2) 114 starter: 24% BnB combo + 6.38% chip = 30.38% total, plus approx 53% meter gain.

Example 1) B33 starter: 40% BnB 1-bar combo with knock down, plus approx 2.22% meter gain
Example 2) B33 starter: 35% BnB 1-bar combo + 6.38% chip = 41.38% total (plus approx. 53% meter gain)

DF2 Shotgun is safe on block.

As you can see, ending with re-stand + chip damage does more damage than ending a combo with special, although not by a lot. The significance of this is all of the meter gained by the guaranteed chip.
I love this. Also It's great to observe how your opponent likes to block that guaranteed pressure/chip/confirm before a possible mix up at a later point.

Thanks for the numbers Scars, looks good.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Ya! You could end with something like 1212, then 4-shotgun shenanigans too (Just gotta be careful of the enemy armoring through any gaps)... or try another round of B2/B33 50/50's.