What's new

Meta

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
This question depends on how you define meta. I like the strike/throw meta. Neutral Jumping is an excellent option to use for a high risk and high reward play. I like the multitude of options you have waking up, rolling, and delayed wakeup in order to play around someone pressuring you. In the previous MK installment, if you had no meter, then you were sort of boned with half the cast. There are options in MK11.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Is it juat me or is this meta getting boring fast?
Just you

I see this game heading down a injustice 2 life span. Anyone else
I mean, all of NRS' games seem to have the same lifespan.....I dunno what your point is.

Personally, I like it. But that's my opinion. I like that I get rewarded for making good decisions and usually win because of them. I don't feel cheaped out of wins, even when playing against the current version of Liu Kang.

This thread feels like it's just going to be another one of those, "let's shit on the game" type threads.

Jbog

Noob
No nrs is my favorite fighting games by far i just wish this game was more mk9 like i guess. Not many things to tech or learn characters seem to lack depth is all. I personally thought mk9 is the best of both mkx and this this too slow mkx running 50/50 endless pressure just wish they could buff normals so there was better punish options than poke start your jail strings or poke stat pressure

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
How do you guys determine depth when you dont even get the fundamentals? You just said pokes are too powerful you guys are in a different dimension let alone praising mk9 LMFAO

Jbog

Noob
Im sure u are better than me at this game i have no doubt im not good ut weather a guy like mk9 or mkx better is a matter of opinion. So go ahead and bomb my post

MagicMan357

I will because this is another LOW fighting iq post where instead of actually trying to learn you came in crying from the gate. Im going to blow up all stupid post and only the mods can stop me which i dont care about.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Not many things to tech or learn characters seem to lack depth is all

I see people say this all the time, but then when you actually ask them about the character they play, all they ever talk about is the same thing: lack of safe fast mid into full combo launcher. Or lack of (fill in the blank with OP move). Then if you try and actually show them the good things the character has, or ways they could try and make the character work, they seem to have no clue what you're talking about.

MagicMan357

I see people say this all the time, but then when you actually ask them about the character they play, all they ever talk about is the same thing: lack of safe fast mid into full combo launcher. Or lack of (fill in the blank with OP move). Then if you try and actually show them the good things the character has, or ways they could try and make the character work, they seem to have no clue what you're talking about.
Exactly, this is why i go so hard because i want people like you to see how stupid most of this site is so you dont waste your time. Theyre so bad at the game theyre using 150+ ping wins to validate themselves while crying their character sucks. Its bizarro world.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I think the meta is fine. It's going to keep changing as the game evolves, and as balance patches happen. I also think Injustice 2 was pretty great, and that there are a ton of under-developed characters in that game, from a player side.

xKMMx

Banned
This is a thread that has been rehashed a million times by now. Yea its a dry, slow game based on decisions and neutral. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But yea it is boring to me after just a short while playing.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I really enjoy the meta. I don't get the notion that every fighting game has to be for everyone.

If you don't like neutral-based games without a lot of BS to get you in, there are tons of other games you can play where you can triple-airdash and mix your way in to your heart's content.

xKMMx

Banned
I really enjoy the meta. I don't get the notion that every fighting game has to be for everyone.

If you don't like neutral-based games without a lot of BS to get you in, there are tons of other games you can play where you can triple-airdash and mix your way in to your heart's content.
I mean yea there is but it seems like you don't like anyone's input regarding the game unless it aligns with yours.
If people love the franchise but are disappointed with the direction this game took or are like me who like it for just short bursts... why should they not say so in response to a question that has been posed?
There's a lot of people that feel that this is a game that doesn't really capture the spirit of Mortal Kombat. And there are others that feel its the greatest game NRS ever made and neither of them are wrong.
I don't think anyone on here has ever said that this game needs to be something that makes everyone happy. I think that's probably why a lot of people find this game to be disappointing because they are more so MK fans than fighting game fans and this is the only franchise they play and this game is sooooo much different than anything they have ever done so it feels to some as if MK is now lacking the things that made them love MK before.

Exactly, this is why i go so hard because i want people like you to see how stupid most of this site is so you dont waste your time. Theyre so bad at the game theyre using 150+ ping wins to validate themselves while crying their character sucks. Its bizarro world.
I only saw like 3 posts from you and you actually look like a toxic, crying mofo who thinks he's better than he is. Wow

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I mean yea there is but it seems like you don't like anyone's input regarding the game unless it aligns with yours.
If people love the franchise but are disappointed with the direction this game took or are like me who like it for just short bursts... why should they not say so in response to a question that has been posed?
There's a lot of people that feel that this is a game that doesn't really capture the spirit of Mortal Kombat. And there are others that feel its the greatest game NRS ever made and neither of them are wrong.
I don't think anyone on here has ever said that this game needs to be something that makes everyone happy. I think that's probably why a lot of people find this game to be disappointing because they are more so MK fans than fighting game fans and this is the only franchise they play and this game is sooooo much different than anything they have ever done so it feels to some as if MK is now lacking the things that made them love MK before.
Nah, I think you misunderstand me. My point was that I don't like every fighting game, but I don't try to ruin other people's enjoyment of the fighting games that aren't my cup of tea.

For example, MKX wasn't my favorite game ever, and I posted to say things I thought should be changed or improved. But what I did not do is post everyday about "Game's gonna die/game is dead/I hate the meta/omg so lame".

You don't have to like MK11. But we are way overboard right now on people actively trying to ruin other people's fun/hype and it makes the community not a fun place to be.

Last edited:

xKMMx

Banned
Nah, I think you misunderstand me. My point was that I don't like every fighting game, but I don't try to ruin other people's enjoyment of the fighting games that aren't my cup of tea.

For example, MKX wasn't my favorite game ever, and I posted to say things I thought should be changed or improved. But what I did not do is post everyday about "Game's gonna die/game is dead/I hate the meta/omg so lame".

You don't have to like MK11. But we are way overboard right now on people actively trying to ruin other people's fun/hype and it makes the community not a fun place to be.
Yea I mean I get that for sure. I don't think peoples motives are all that malicious. I think people are just severely disappointed but also just not adjusting to the game well and frustrated.

I see no problem with saying they don't enjoy the game. But the game is dying posts are starting to be as numerous and repetitive as the Scorpion is broken posts were in the first few weeks. SO I can agree there.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
If u get bored try other characters its fun to play many and it doesnt take much time to learn unlike previous games.

xKMMx

Banned
If u get bored try other characters its fun to play many and it doesnt take much time to learn unlike previous games.
Yea that's a good call. I just started learning Jax which will be my 4th character. Lots of people can learn characters quick in this game but I like to get characters down to the point I know all their ins and outs to the point everything I'm doing in each situation is like second nature.
So many times I see people switch characters in the middle of a ranked set and literally just play them the same way they did the character they started the set with.
People tend to think they know a character because they know all their special moves and one or two strings.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I like the current meta. What I DONT like is how some characters bypass it altogether with stupid shit. Like Erron's B222, Liu's F4, the entirety of Sonya's safe 50/50 strings, Geras' stupidly easy krushing blows... the list goes on. It is certainly nothing compared to MK9 Cyrax and kabal bullshit but it is MILES away from a nicely balanced game.