What's new

Meet your new Kano forum moderator!

Hello all, I saw Snips make a thread like this in the Reptile forum and figured I should probably do the same here. Anyway, as of right now I am the lone mod of this forum so here's the deal!

Luckily, this forum seems to have already been doing a good job keeping dumb threads etc. to a minimum, so not too much should change here. We have a number of dedicated players breaking the character open and finding new things all the time, and I see myself more as a partner in this than a disciplinarian...though I am not afraid to go there if you push me!

The main order of business, in my view, should be a community-authored complete guide to Kano. It appears that Isaac has already done a lot of work on this front; would you be willing to post what you have so far, and have the rest of us look over and make suggestions/add new ideas/etc.? That would probably be the most efficient way to go about this.

And Ruuku, just out of curiosity, how far are you on that list of strings you can interrupt with upball? No rush to get it done right away or anything, just wondering.

That's about it as far as the nuts-and-bolts stuff goes for now. Thanks in advance!

BTW, if anyone cares, a bit more of a personal bio: My name is Josh, and I've been going to tournaments since 2001. I probably have the most unusual taste in games of anyone around here, having played in tournaments for everything from Super Turbo to Guilty Gear to Breakers Revenge, Naruto GNT4, TMNT Tournament Fighters, and World Heroes Perfect. My best Evo performances have been top 16 in ST and GGAC (both in 2008, GG was a huge side tournament), 17th in GGAC (2009), and 17th in HD Remix (2010, eliminating David Sirlin in the process). I've been extremely disappointed in this generation of fighting games overall, and MK9 has been the lone oasis for me (though there is some interesting stuff on the horizon).

Besides fighting games, I also do speedruns and love to stream them. I have over 15 world records currently, again across a wide spectrum of games: NES/SNES Castlevanias, Valkyrie Profile, Maximum Carnage, some really poor shit such as Bad Street Brawler, and even a game featuring both Simon Belmont and Mikey from the Goonies! I have played some of these games live as part of Speed Demos Archive's marathons for charity, and plan to do so again this January.

Lately though, I've been busiest with school! I'm in my senior year as a neuroscience student, hoping to go to grad school and do cool cognitive research. Need to finish studying for the GRE and write my application stuff...........

I$AAC

Noob
Congrats my friend on getting the mod job! I forgot you played ST/HDR also. I got 17th in Evo 2k9 in HDR and 7th in ST at FRXIV

As for the Kano thread that's what I'm going for. What I'll be doing is rounding everything up and PMing it to you to see if I missed anything and go from there. I'm going to try to get a laptop this week (pc is fried) and I'll be damned if I type the whole thread on an iPad

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
i just picked kano up and defintly not dropping him
leme know if u need any help with anything

congratulations and good luck

cyke_out

Noob
Congrats, Funkdoc, I think you are the most accomlished Kano player we have at the moment, so job well deserved.

Do we have a list of top tourny attending Kano's?

JT Circus,
BeenieWeenies
Funkdoc

Is there anymore? I'd love to get a thread with to see more top kano play, there is very little that I know of.

I$AAC

Noob
I would like to think I'm a top tourney attending Kano player. The lowest I've ever placed was 9th at CEO (which included beating the likes of Chris G and MortySeinfeld) and I haven't placed lower than 4th since then.

I'm not sure if Circus even plays anymore :(

cyke_out

Noob
Sorry about that, I remember those matches. Good shit. My one time one a stream was when fubarducks raiden blew my kano up.

I$AAC

Noob
Sorry about that, I remember those matches. Good shit. My one time one a stream was when fubarducks raiden blew my kano up.
Lol it's all good. I can honestly say that I've never lost to a raiden ever now that I think about it.

Yea I was just gonna say, I'm the Kano who just happens to be on streams the most but don't think there aren't others out there! Florida in general tends to get overlooked IMO

Shame about JT though, loved his Kano!

I$AAC

Noob
Lol my bad, didn't mean to come off like that. Look on the bright side, at least you had stream time :/

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
Congrats FunkDoc

I havent been on stream in a while but i was always a regular for the Valley Stream monsters. Not like im the best Kano out there, but ill drop my name in the pot anyway lol.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
good shit funkdoc :) pig of the hut always has nothing but great things to say about you. hopefully i can make my kano presence a lil more well known in the realm of offline. boned out of NEC but i'll be at battle and brew monthlies in atlanta and at tension pulse in columbus in a couple weeks... hopefully get matches streamed where i'm not getting my ass whooped by pig or fly.

cyke_out

Noob
Hey, Beeneeweenees, I'm moving to GA, around the Savannah area next month. I really want to make the 3 hour drive up to ATL for some games at the level up sessions few times, definately planning on going to Final Round too. So you guys can have me to kick around instead.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
And Ruuku, just out of curiosity, how far are you on that list of strings you can interrupt with upball? No rush to get it done right away or anything, just wondering.
I'm actually close to being done. I've been preparing for some Halo Reach event so putting time into MK9 has been difficult.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
[MENTION=5186]funkdoc[/MENTION] or [MENTION=433]DanCock[/MENTION]

i got some threads on this forum, i was wondering if one of you could give someone else the original post to keep them updated
i want to focus on my threads on the baraka forum
srry for the inconvience

DanCock

Cock Master!!
[MENTION=5186]funkdoc[/MENTION] or [MENTION=433]DanCock[/MENTION]

i got some threads on this forum, i was wondering if one of you could give someone else the original post to keep them updated
i want to focus on my threads on the baraka forum
srry for the inconvience
Sounds good I'll get to the Kano forum when I get back from nec. This was actually my next forum to work on. Kano is my main character

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk