Meet the Voice behind your "Mortal Kombat" childhood

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat Classics' started by STORMS, Nov 18, 2017.

By STORMS on Nov 18, 2017 at 11:49 AM
  1. STORMS

STORMS Owner / Director
    Administrator

PSN:
    SSMROT
    Steve Ritchie is the voice that you will hear when you pop in any of the earlier Mortal Kombat games. In my opinion, I wish he still did the voice for the game. From "Finish Him!", "Fatality!", "Flawless Victory"... whoever thought Steve would be a great voice for the early Mortal Kombat games was genious, because he's perfect.

"Great Big Story" recently put together a video showcasing Steve Ritchie. While he is wildly known for his pinball machines, he tells us a little but of how his introduction to Mortal Kombat began.

First off, Welcome to TestYourMight! My main objective nowadays is to keep you as updated as I possibly can in regards to NetherRealm Studios news, especially dealing with Mortal Kombat and Injustice.

Thank you for your support!
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat Classics' started by STORMS, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Blade4693
      Blade4693
      I have also read he was the one who originally came up with the "K" in Mortal Kombat? Anyway yeah he was a great announcer/Shao Kahn, when I imagine Shao Kahn his voice of the character is the one I still hear in my head lol
      Sugarwatermixlegit and Eldriken like this.
    2. IROC
      IROC
      Nice. I like when there is mk posts in the mist of all this boring inj2 years. Cant wait for them to be over again.
    3. Roy Arkon
      Roy Arkon
      Steve Richie was perfect for this job. When you make a great game, you need to make all of the little touches in the right places, and the announcer is one of them in the case of a fighting game, and like I said, Steve the perfect man for it, as well as for voicing Shao Kahn.

Yes he was the one suggested the "K" for Kombat.
    4. Jhonnykiller45
      Jhonnykiller45
      Posted it in the other thread might as well post it here too:
      Seriously this man is a legend.
    5. zerosebaz
      zerosebaz
      I still think its a shame he didnt voice Shao Khan in MK9. He was amazing in SM
    6. DFSHINNOK7
      DFSHINNOK7
      His voice is still perfect for Shao Kahn, after all these years.
      Roy Arkon likes this.
    7. Eddy Wang
      Eddy Wang
      The only Shao Kahn in my book, kinda sad he missed MK9, it would made it even better than already was back in the day, hope Ritchie returns as THE Shao Kahn.
      Linkuei82 and ROG Moonspell like this.
    8. Roy Arkon
      Roy Arkon
      I mean, the voice actors for the announcers as well as Shao Kahn in both MK9 and MKX are perfect for the job as well, but Steve was the first one to do it perfectly.
    9. NickDaGreek1983
    10. MKF30
      MKF30
      He's definitely my inspiration for MK announcing/Shao Kahn voices for sure. The guy in MK 9 just didn't have the same impact as Steve's Kahn.