What's new

Mechanics you miss from mk9

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
Well with the new system I would say in mkx is gonna have to get some getting used too , but what do you miss from the old days?

1.Dat block dash doe

2. fast low pokes,idk why some low pokes in mkx are slow as FUCK , talking to you mr.takaeda

3. Backdashing with no meter, like .. What's the point? Might as well use it for forward dash to .

4.invisible wake ups you have to respect, at least give the person a change to get up & fight back in mkx you either lay there or block and guess for a punishable attack

5. ANTI AIRS ,mkx makes it way to safe for people to jump in , and its annoying when your dealing with jumping noobs, its annoying af

6. smoke , cause it's smoke and where there is smoke... There is fire .. Aka scorps

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Petition to change Noxious Reptile to MK9 Reptile

Dash jab combos were cool. Meterless wake-ups (that weren't hella broke like Sonya's Cartwheel) were cool.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I don't miss invincible wake ups at all. If I score a knockdown I should be able to spam you with pressure as a reward. This game actually teaches you to block and intelligently use the delayed wake up system. It also encourages smart meter management because you might need it to get out of a bad knockdown position.

Fuck invincible wake ups.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Well with the new system I would say in mkx is gonna have to get some getting used too , but what do you miss from the old days?

1.Dat block dash doe

2. fast low pokes,idk why some low pokes in mkx are slow as FUCK , talking to you mr.takaeda

3. Backdashing with no meter, like .. What's the point? Might as well use it for forward dash to .

4.invisible wake ups you have to respect, at least give the person a change to get up & fight back in mkx you either lay there or block and guess for a punishable attack

5. ANTI AIRS ,mkx makes it way to safe for people to jump in , and its annoying when your dealing with jumping noobs, its annoying af

6. smoke , cause it's smoke and where there is smoke... There is fire .. Aka scorps
Wait, mk9 had invisible wakeups?????

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I don't miss invincible wake ups at all. If I score a knockdown I should be able to spam you with pressure as a reward. This game actually teaches you to block and intelligently use the delayed wake up system. It also encourages smart meter management because you might need it to get out of a bad knockdown position.

Fuck invincible wake ups.
50/50 > 50/50 > 50/50

too stronk

:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

D

Deleted member 9158

I miss dash cancels and back dash not being restricted the way it is in this game.

I also miss the salt from nailing people with the Rune trap, but the demon bat is salt inducing enough I guess

I miss MK9's up-close pressure. MKX pressure is its own thing (with some Injustice frosting), but I personally prefer MK9's.

Not really a mechanic: I miss the strange amusement of every match-up being at least 6-4 Kabal, even though I never took the time to seriously learn Kabal past a casual level.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Mk9 Reptile

Invincible wake ups, I think its worth a bar to get out of trouble (these 50\50's are a joke).

Sektor

Fun, I'm not a hardcore\pro mk player, I just play casually but this game seems to be directed at a higher level of player, with all these 50\50's & no wake ups.

Cyrax

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Only Dash blocking. Everything else, I prefer MK X. Wake up game actually matters now.