What's new

Mechacon MK Finals

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
...So I made The Finals here in LA for Mechacon. I posted this here because I am the one in the videos playing Mileena. My play was absolutely terrible, and I can recognize some of what I did wrong.

1) I do not have a high-definition television. We played on these monitors and everything "felt" different when it came to button inputs, so some of my combos simply dropped because my execution was thrown off.

2) Nerves. My God. Nerves. My hands wouldn't stop shaking ever so slightly. The worse the situation grew, the more the nerves assaulted me.

3) I seem to think subconsciously that using Telekick to hand my opponent free punishment options, as well as ball-rolls, is a good idea. I needed to use more of my mix-ups and pressure tactics, but for some reason, I did not.

Anyway, I won't make excuses. The two guys i played here were very good.

So, here are the matches:

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4HYZeOI6Fks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6Eee4Sh7DeM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ultimately, this was my first tournament and first time playing in front of any kind of audience. Was that a factor? I'm not sure. What I am sure of is that I want to play on a huge screen, in front of a lot of people again.

These matches, for good or for ill, only make me want to try harder.

Anyway, tell me what you guys think.

Making top 3 in your first tournament is definitely something to be proud of. With that said, there were MANY chances for you to take out both your opponents, but you probably weren't aware. Not sure if you know the notations for moves in this game, but bear with me.

In the Liu kang Match:
The Good
- Nice use of down+4 (low kick) and mixups with up+4 (splits kick)
- good air punches to keep opponent from jumping
- Was able to combo off up+4 some times

The Bad
- failed to punish some of Liu kang's moves on block.
- did not do the most damaging combos after up+4, and sometimes didn't do combos at all
- Lots of random rolls giving opponents free uppercuts.

In the Sonya match:
The good
- again good low kick usage
- good use of up+4

the bad
- played the matchup kinda wrong; you want to be far away from sonya as much as possible and throw sais from a distance.
- didn't roll punish sonya's leaping kick on block.

In short learn all your combos. Know what combos after up+4, rolls, learn Back+3 combos, jump punch combos, and use your advantage after landing and teleport kick to keep up offense. Use Down+4 low kick and Down+3 low kicks to set up throws and to make opponent try to jump. When they jump, you can teleport kick or roll to punish them.

Also, from now on. Put ALL match videos in the MILEENA KOMBAT VIDEOS thread please.