What's new

Tech Mean Green Reset Mathing!

Bibulus

Noob
There are already a few good reset opportunities players are using as GL. I'm going to skip the ones that have no real mixup potential and put up the mathing on the risk/reward of the resets with real mixup potential. The one I'm going to focus on now is MB Lift Reset

4 = Trait
Lift = db+2

MB Lift Reset is where you MB a Lift (db+1) and dash for a crossup overhead/low mixup with f+3/b+1. Trait and meter management ends up being really important because of how integral lift is to GL combos.

Strategy for using this is battery up and then spend down after you have 2-3 stocked.

Examples: b13xxLift MB 14% damage 1 meter reset
b13xxlift MB, b+3, JI3, 223xxLift 31% damage 1 meter combo

So you trade potential reset for 17% damage. Without meter or trait your low starter is 14% and throw is 11%... So if the opponent realizes your trait is down and you don't have meter they can block the mixup high and you lose 3-6% at best.

b13xx4xxlift 223xxlift MB 24%
b13xx4xxlift 223xxlift MB 223 lift 32%

Now with trait active or ready you're trading 8% for a reset and because your trait is active after you get 36% f+3 meterless and 22% b13 meterless... Both of which you can MB for another reset. The second reset however will have trait down, so if you don't have 3 meters going in it's got that shitty damage for breaking high guard factor.

b13xxOR MB NJ3 123xxLift MB reset 32%
b13xxOR MB, NJ3, 123xxLift MB, B+3, 223xxlift 40%

This is a variation for when your trait is down and you want to turn b13 into a reset with more meter spent. 2 bar resets but again 8% traded for a reset, considering this is for with trait down, landing it almost guarantees you can get a trait activation from the setup that follows.

Managing your trait uptime: As you can see the meter you put in will change the kind of rewards you can expect to get out. Your trait will typically last for an activation combo and a reset ground bounce, then be down for the following reset if you go for 3. So 3 resets typically requires a 2 bar reset and a pair of 1 bar resets with trait.

Overhead combos almost take long enough for the trait to be up for b+1 in a reset... So what I want to find is a combo that you can do after activating in a combo with:

4xxLift 223xxLift MB reset f+3

that extends it long enough where you can reset into b13xx4 at the end. The one I use is:

f+3 JI2 123xxLift 223xxLift MB Reset

The trait comes up immediately after the reset so I have just been delaying the mixup a little bit so I can get b13xx4 but if the combo lasted just a bit longer it would be trait active for 3 resets 3 bars all full mixup potential and trait usage maximized

This is still halfway there so expect an update after UFGT

The only problem I have with his resets is that there are times I have to do f3, d2, j2, b13 to give myself that extra delay time needed to get my trait back. It really throws off my timing on going back to f3 j3 for optimizing damage but that is only a minor issue so no big deal. Nice thread hope to find something I don't know on here.

Plenty of people found it out, around the same time or sooner so he might as well call it whatever he wants, as long as it gets the job done. Call it rhapsody of memories for all I care, the important part is it works.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Plenty of people found it out, around the same time or sooner so he might as well call it whatever he wants, as long as it gets the job done. Call it rhapsody of memories for all I care, the important part is it works.
So you been playing that blazblue sir, I see you.

Lol for catching the reference. But I was a litchi main when I played that hard. Like 13 1f moments in one combo, that thing had some stupid strict timing, compared to that its impossible to drop g.L's combos

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Lol, my brother plays bb, and is a Noel main, I use to main jin and rags, but dropped the game after cs1, and picked up mk, my one true love. GL is my favorite DC character, or at least Kyle Rayner is. I hope they give us john stewert guy gardner and kyle rayner alts for him at some point.

Bibulus

Noob
A couple of new notes:

The way the reset works it doesn't seem to allow for a crouching state which makes the f+3, JI3 combo really easy for +3% on your overhead.

Dealing with reversals:

Properly times b+1 in the reset will not allow a reversal. This has to hit on the proper frame, so the margin for error is fairly big.

If you're stocked on meter a MB f+3 will stuff most reversals and present the overhead threat as well as that 39% damage for no more meter with the option to reset at the end.

Most invincible reversals are unsafe so you can just run in and block... If the reversal at hand IS safe you can fiddle with the dash timing to not cross up and mess with the opponents special input to deny it that way. Anyone know of any really problem wakeup reversals for this situation?

Black Adam sinestro and raven each have a wakeup that could potentially mess that up for heavy damage, to the point to its not worth a j3.

chores

bad at things
A couple of new notes:

The way the reset works it doesn't seem to allow for a crouching state which makes the f+3, JI3 combo really easy for +3% on your overhead.

Dealing with reversals:

Properly times b+1 in the reset will not allow a reversal. This has to hit on the proper frame, so the margin for error is fairly big.

If you're stocked on meter a MB f+3 will stuff most reversals and present the overhead threat as well as that 39% damage for no more meter with the option to reset at the end.

Most invincible reversals are unsafe so you can just run in and block... If the reversal at hand IS safe you can fiddle with the dash timing to not cross up and mess with the opponents special input to deny it that way. Anyone know of any really problem wakeup reversals for this situation?
when you say reversals do you mean wakeups? i assume you do but just for clarity's sake. if not im confused

Bibulus

Noob
Yes I do mean wakeup moves... I think of them as reversals because it's got reversal timing on the knockdown