What's new

Me getting schooled by Banana Ken

Only one little match sorry... I wish I had a set with this guy.

1:53 - I KNEW he was going to dive kick so I wanted to absorb with X-ray but it didn't come out. :(

This match made me realize I have zero experience vs CSZ. I had no idea how to react to his dive kicks and up close pressure. I just kept throwing random high grenades to scare him a bit. That seemed to work for a while.. But up close man he just out poke me every single time.

Anyone has some general tips vs CSZ?

Really cool video. I like your Stryker too!
How is Stryker's poke game?
Generic :d:fp / :d:fk?
Stryker got some great pokes.

D1 is the fastest poke. (6 frames)
D2 is one of the fastest uppercut in game (as fast as D3)
D3 modifies hittable box a bit, decent speed to mixup with throw
D4 modifies hittable box, can be followed by standing 3 or standing 4 and those follow ups possibly can't be interrupted with anything (according to Tom Brady)
4 forces stand on crouchers and is decent anti-air with follow up properties
3 is for juggle resets
B3 hits low can be followed by an overhead
2, 3 hits high/low. first hit forces stand
1, 1 and 1, 2 can condition opponent. So 1 into throw works often
B2 builds nice meter and can be followed by 2 or F2 both of which are relatively safe on block

Best of all, all of those pokes (except uppercut) can be cancelled into Gun Shot which can in turn be cancelled into dash or backdash into another poke, throw or special. That's what makes him good up close but requires insane execution to be really effective. (Negative edge is a bitch for Stryker players)

I didn't make good use of gunshot cancel in this match though. And I just realized how bad I am at managing meter.. :( I need to break earlier.

Damn shame that the input for the xray got dropped through the connection.
Yeah that kinda sucked. I'll try to use breakers instead next time. Much safer and reliable online.

One thing I noticed is that gun shot stops CSZ's dive kick almost every time. Coupled with high grenade it makes it kinda hard for him to abuse dive kicks vs Stryker. All he can do is slide, teleport or dash block but you can counter those easily, you just need to be prepared for them.

One mistake I kept doing, was trying to press a button after my roll toss got blocked. I think I tried to do D1 because I thought roll toss was like +0 on block. But now I know it's at least -2 or -3 on block because CSZ kept outpoking me with standing 2 (which seems fast as hell). I should've just blocked or tried to back jump/neutral jump. At least by jumping you prevent opponent from doing a full combo.