What's new

Tech MB Venom Uppercut

Fromundaman

I write too much.
While that is true, MB VU is in a bit of a unique situation though since you can actually use the MB B3/F3 to punish the 2nd hit after blocking the 1st.

lmx17

Noob
Every character in the game expect for Lex and Raven can forward dash in between the uppercut and dropkick for a full combo punish except Hawk girl.(Grundy can forward dash but has to crouch block the uppercut first)

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Every character in the game expect for Lex and Raven can forward dash in between the uppercut and dropkick for a full combo punish except Hawk girl.(Grundy can forward dash but has to crouch block the uppercut first)
That's if they delay the MB version...Sinestro and MMH can't dash under if Bane does not delay. Lex can also Corp Charge out on reversal.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Joker can't dash either way because his distance is pretty awful.
I think GA suffers from the same issue.

lmx17

Noob
joker can forward dash in between mb uppercut(delayed version also) then punish with jump in 2 combo. unless we talking about somthing different.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Since you haven't seen or tested the situation then how do you know he doesn't dash out?
I'm saying I haven't seen him able to dash out barring literally point blank where Bane goes completely over him as it is.
From a distance a smidgen further back, I haven't been able to get Joker out because of how short his dash is.

Not that you'd need to since you can just parry it for a free Ha, Mb b.3 it, or punish it with a d.1 link, but still.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm saying I haven't seen him able to dash out barring literally point blank where Bane goes completely over him as it is.
From a distance a smidgen further back, I haven't been able to get Joker out because of how short his dash is.

Not that you'd need to since you can just parry it for a free Ha, Mb b.3 it, or punish it with a d.1 link, but still.
That's basically my point, no reason saying he can't do it if you haven't tested.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That's basically my point, no reason saying he can't do it if you haven't tested.
Obviously you aren't reading it properly. I have tested, I haven't found the results to be in favor of Joker dashing out barring the most extreme to one end of the spectrum.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Obviously you aren't reading it properly. I have tested, I haven't found the results to be in favor of Joker dashing out barring the most extreme to one end of the spectrum.
joker can forward dash in between mb uppercut(delayed version also) then punish with jump in 2 combo. unless we talking about somthing different.
Point blank is the only way they're going to connect with it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yes, all of that is applicable if Bane is running into your face and doing it raw.
Most Banes don't use VU as a footsie tool, since its best uses are in that anti-air region.

But, in the off chance Joker gets clipped at the end or mid range of where VU does hit on the ground, I haven't been able to dash away or under without getting hit.
.The only time I have is when Bane is going directly over Joker in which case he would walk forward and avoid the dropkick because of how far Bane would be over him

I was dashing too late in my earlier tests and getting caught on his way down.
Yeah joker can dash under it, I was wrong on that one. Oh well.

Last edited:

lmx17

Noob
Yea I was mainly speaking of using it as a wake up. I did it with Bane against my friend who uses Green Arrow and Green Lantern , both characters got a back 3 combo punish on me lol.