What's new

Video/Tutorial - Sorcerer MB Grab into Rune Trap (from Back2 Trance)

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I know we talked about this setup the other day Mayo, but I've been comparing some stuff and I gotta ask a couple of things:

1. When you mention landing just a B2 trance and going straight into Rune Trap, you still demonstrate this with D3 into 14 MB rune. But in the corner, your Rune Trap setup should always be standing 3 into f212 MB Rune instead. The way you demonstrate gets an extra 1% from the d3 and then the 4.5% chip from 14. But going for the standing 3 into f212 gives 4% for the standing 3 and then 7.5% for the f212.

2. If you compare the damage of this MB grab setup to literally just doing a B2 into hex, standing 3, then blocked f212 MB rune, 14 MB rune 141, it actually does the same amount of damage. Doing conventional Rune Trap still seems like the way to go for two bars, as the second that standing 3 hits, they can do nothing about the damage that comes next unless you mistime the f2 after standing 3. I'm not sure what situation you'd go for the MB grab if that way they have a chance to escape if they just throw tech which most people do, seeing as old style rune trap does the same damage with standing 3 into f212 :(

MB is good on their wakeup for just forcing a rune trap if they expect a 50/50 on wakeup though. Provided you do f2122 into 141 Hex first.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
1. When you mention landing just a B2 trance and going straight into Rune Trap, you still demonstrate this with D3 into 14 MB rune. But in the corner, your Rune Trap setup should always be standing 3 into f212 MB Rune instead.
I do not feel comfortable with standing 3 for the rune trap. The window is too tight, and I don´t like the frame perfect F212 after the +16 advantage of standing 3. I can hit d3 everytime with no issue, and then 14 will never screw up since im +15 and standing 1 s 9 frames. (you know this frame data already obviously)

I never go for things that I might even have a 5% chance of screwing up. But that´s just my personal playstyle these days, knowing my own execution.

Did you see the rest of the video showing how MB Grab works midscreen?

Also, in the corner, MB Grab could be the way to go if, say, you have a Hex down, and then you block something and punish with 14 Trance. You´d do jb2, F2122, 4, Njp, 4, MB Grab, into f2 rune.