What's new

Video/Tutorial - Sorcerer MB Grab into Rune Trap (from Back2 Trance)

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Hey guys, I'm back with a new video. Here I talk about how to use Meter-Burn Grab during the Chip Spell.

From your main launchers like F212, B324, or EX Rune, the already known chip setups apply. But after "grounded trances" like B2 Trance, or 14 Trance, you can use B324 after summoning the Chip Spell, and then reset opponents with MB Grab. The higher combo damage before the Rune trap causes your total damage to increase by about 5% for the same amount of meter.

short video, combo only.

When using the quick MB Grab in the midscreen version, and going for the crossover, you can see that the uppercut takes massive damage (this was already known). But if you end with 141, you'll take less damage, but you'll have built back a full bar.

Last edited:

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Ah shit i never thought of this. I was always under the assumption that mb grabs leave both players at zero. Im not sure where i got that from, does anyone know how plus you are? While i dont play quan anymore this is something i will definitely ponder with other characters @Under_The_Mayo

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
@Under_The_Mayo
When you record the videos, do you use an external mic as your record? Or just edit your voice in
I assemble my clips in the order I want to show them, and then I write a script and read it into an external mic and then align it. Sometimes I improve, or just read from notes and speak. But detailed stuff like this always gets a complete script.

JDM

Noob
Ridiculous.... well looks like I'm learning Sorcerer, I mean why not? ^_^

What matchups iyo would you pick Sorc over Summoner? And why?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Ridiculous.... well looks like I'm learning Sorcerer, I mean why not? ^_^

What matchups iyo would you pick Sorc over Summoner? And why?
I only play Sorcerer. I don't care for Summoner's playstyle. To me, it isn't Quan. My secondary is Venemous D'vorah. However, I'm not the best person to talk to about matchups. I just look for tech and play my roommate's Cassie Cage. I just wanna help the rest of you Sorcerer players in anyway I can.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
But can't they just tech the throw?
It's an interesting gimmick at first, an interesting conditioning later. If they press buttons, they'll always roll
Hey guys, I'm back with a new video. Here I talk about how to use Meter-Burn Grab during the Chip Spell.

From your main launchers like F212, B324, or EX Rune, the already known chip setups apply. But after "grounded trances" like B2 Trance, or 14 Trance, you can use B324 after summoning the Chip Spell, and then reset opponents with MB Grab. The higher combo damage before the Rune trap causes your total damage to increase by about 5% for the same amount of meter.

short video, combo only.

When using the quick MB Grab in the midscreen version, and going for the crossover, you can see that the uppercut takes massive damage (this was already known). But if you end with 141, you'll take less damage, but you'll have built back a full bar.
I see nao

The 1st video showcases TWO techs

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
I only play Sorcerer. I don't care for Summoner's playstyle. To me, it isn't Quan. My secondary is Venemous D'vorah. However, I'm not the best person to talk to about matchups. I just look for tech and play my roommate's Cassie Cage. I just wanna help the rest of you Sorcerer players in anyway I can.
I 100% agree, summoner is not true quan. LONG LIVE SORCERER!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Good shit Mayo! I don't have any more comments to make so I'm just going to fade this sentence out.
Ah shit i never thought of this. I was always under the assumption that mb grabs leave both players at zero. Im not sure where i got that from, does anyone know how plus you are? While i dont play quan anymore this is something i will definitely ponder with other characters @Under_The_Mayo
MB grab leaves you at about +26.